ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall at Arkansas NCAA Game Thread

Man. Good game guys. Both teams were pretty sloppy and, dang, that flagrant 1 was complete bs. Hate that it went down like that.

Reactions: chickenbox
Game ending had nothing to do with the flagrant 1. You can't go on a scoring drought for 5 of the last 7 minutes, and you can't run no offensive sets and rely on hero ball. You also can't shoot free throws like we do.

The season pretty much wrapped up in one game.

Game ending had nothing to do with the flagrant 1. You can't go on a scoring drought for 5 of the last 7 minutes, and you can't run no offensive sets and rely on hero ball. You also can't shoot free throws like we do.

The season pretty much wrapped up in one game.
What are you talking about??????

The refs were awful the entire second half, swallowing the whistle while Arkansas hacked away.

But let's not blame the refs.

We lost this game with poor decision making (with Desi's foul the cherry on top) and frankly a poorly coached game by Willard who allowed Anderson to outflank him all game.

The game turned on that stupid 5 pt screw up at the start of the second half. We had the lead and confidence then tried to run them off the court. The block and the 3 pt play. I hate to have been the better team and lose. .

Reactions: chickenbox
The turnovers were a big difference. And those passes by Delgado. Game was there for the taking and then the ending ugh!

The official can use some discretion in that situation, but that push in the back was a textbook Flagrant 1 by the way the rule is written (and I think the rewritten rule is BS, but it is what it is).

I think Desi could've gotten away with not making a play on the ball, but that, combined with the push in the back, earned it. Killer call, but not incorrect. You can't give them then reason to call it in a game that was called very tightly.

Bitter pill to swalllow....

Reactions: SHUMA04
After that, I root for NC sunday. Figures, I get 16 of 18 right and lose this one in my brackets.

Season over, on to next year.

We played 6 guys and got run off the floor. We better bring in the guys so we can play with a complete team. These guys wouldn't have won if we kept our heads. Sweating their balls off and wearing down doesn't lead to clear heads.

That sucks. But at least it's softened some by the fact that both teams were dead the next round anyway.

The official can use some discretion in that situation, but that push in the back was a textbook Flagrant 1 by the way the rule is written (and I think the rewritten rule is BS, but it is what it is).

I think Desi could've gotten away with not making a play on the ball, but that, combined with the push in the back, earned it. Killer call, but not incorrect. You can't give them then reason to call it in a game that was called very tightly.

Bitter pill to swalllow....

How do you foul intentionally nowadays without getting called for not making a play on the ball? You can't grab intentionally or push. Can you swipe?

Based on how games are reffed now, I am not surprised they called a flagrant. The guy was past him and he pushed his back. Instead, I wonder why we didn't foul earlier. We blew the game. That stupid Angel pass, then the two KC TOs, followed by Desi's foul. Helluva way to say goodbye to a good season.

We didn't get run off the floor. Don't agree with the flagrant on Desi but he didn't have to push him either. What killed us at the end was that missed travel call, right after Carrington traveled. I ran it back after the game & it was blatant.

Reactions: Vince
What are you talking about??????

What did I say that you disagree with. 61% free throw shooting. 15 turnovers with 11 assists. No points scored in the last 7 minutes. Those are facts.

I understand it's fun to focus on the call that cost us the whole game, but when you take a step back you realize we were down one without the ball and there were 16 seconds left. The game was over. Not because it's impossible to win in that situation, but because our team leaders were making bad decisions, playing hero ball, and were gassed. End of story.

How do you foul intentionally nowadays without getting called for not making a play on the ball? You can't grab intentionally or push. Can you swipe?
Overplay the ball, defend too aggressively so you might get lucky and actually steal the ball. We should have fouled in the backcourt

Reactions: SHUSource
What did I say that you disagree with. 61% free throw shooting. 15 turnovers with 11 assists. No points scored in the last 7 minutes. Those are facts.

I understand it's fun to focus on the call that cost us the whole game, but when you take a step back you realize we were down one without the ball and there were 16 seconds left. The game was over. Not because it's impossible to win in that situation, but because our team leaders were making bad decisions, playing hero ball, and were gassed. End of story.

The game was far from over. Even if the hogs made both freethrows we still have a shot.

Overplay the ball, defend too aggressively so you might get lucky and actually steal the ball. We should have fouled in the backcourt

Bruce Pearl tried to explain it, but could not. What if a guy gets past you? You can't grab or push. Seth Davis says it was a clear flagrant 1 and the other guy on set says Braford embellished. Agree with give the foul earlier, but you almost have to have a player cornered to give an intentional now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT