ADVERTISEMENT

So i guess Sha is a tournament coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job in the NIT but stop with the nonsense. you also can’t ignore big east tournament or the feast week tournaments where he’s 1-6 at SHU.

Oh, please shut up for once in your life or better yet go root for Maryland.
Or just don't make dumb in the moment comments where facts contradict it. The big east doesn't have a tournament? You know the one we lost to Depaul last year. Orlando last year wasn't a tournament? You know the one we lost to Siena last year. San Diego wasn't a tournament? We've been in 6 tournaments the last 2 years and we did well in 1. That's a fact. So to say tournament coach because you're cherry picking 2 of the the last 7 tournaments is just silly. We had a great run in the NIT with far and away the best team in the tournament. We should've won and we did. Credit to the players for wanting to be there.

Or just don't make dumb in the moment comments where facts contradict it. The big east doesn't have a tournament? Orlando last year wasn't a tournament? San Diego wasn't a tournament? We've been in 6 tournaments the last 2 years and we did well in 1. That's a fact. So to say tournament coach because you're cherry picking 2 of the the last 7 tournaments is just silly. We had a great run in the NIT with far and away the best team in the tournament. We should've won and we did. Credit to the players for wanting to be there.
Amazing the lemon suckers can’t give it a rest for one night.

Or just don't make dumb in the moment comments where facts contradict it. The big east doesn't have a tournament? You know the one we lost to Depaul last year. Orlando last year wasn't a tournament? You know the one we lost to Siena last year. San Diego wasn't a tournament? We've been in 6 tournaments the last 2 years and we did well in 1. That's a fact. So to say tournament coach because you're cherry picking 2 of the the last 7 tournaments is just silly. We had a great run in the NIT with far and away the best team in the tournament. We should've won and we did. Credit to the players for wanting to be there.
You must be fun at a party

Reactions: shupat08
Amazing the lemon suckers chat give it a rest for one night.
There's nothing to debate in what I said. You may think the timing sucks, that's fine. But reality is the original post is off base if you actually look at the last 6 tournaments we participated in.

What an a-hole you are. If we would hav lost you and your crew would be all over the board.

What an a-hole you are. If we would hav lost you and your crew would be all over the board.
That would actually make sense if I was all over the board when we didn’t make the tournament. Again nothing about the facts or what I said. Just name calling. Have a great night. If you want to talk facts of tournaments we’ve been in let me know.

That would actually make sense if I was all over the board when we didn’t make the tournament. Again nothing about the facts or what I said. Just name calling. Have a great night. If you want to talk facts of tournaments we’ve been in let me know.
Brutal. You earned the name calling.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
Not the time for this. Read the room. Enjoy the win.
I said in other posts you can disagree with the timing, but it’s impossible to dispute the facts. This is as off as iron saying the game is over 3 minutes in.

This board is warped. Acceptable posts are off the deep end after a loss and we have the next John Wooden after a win. Believe it or not there’s a middle ground where he overachieved this year but isn’t this amazing tournament coach.

Last edited:
I said in other posts you can disagree with the timing, but it’s impossible to dispute the facts. This is as off as iron saying the game is over 3 minutes in.

This board is warped. Acceptable posts are off the deep end after a loss and we have the next John Wooden after a win. Believe it or not there’s a middle ground where he overachieved this year but isn’t this amazing tournament coach.
You’re on an island. Let it go and enjoy what just happened. Have your debate another day. Poor timing.

Look around. You’re all alone right now. That should tell you something.

You’re on an island. Let it go and enjoy what just happened. Have your debate another day. Poor timing.

Look around. You’re all alone right now. That should tell you something.
I’m ok with that. I’ve been on the island before. There was a time when most people wanted a new coach even if it meant Delgado and Whitehead leaving. People swam back to the island 12 months later. Again nothing fact based to the point. Just more emotional posting. Facts aren’t important when we win you can say anything positive regardless how wrong it is. When we don’t win you can say anything negative no matter how wrong it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Hall Is Life

You're more worried about arguing with fans than you are about being happy we just won something. It's evident you want the last word in this entire thread, but take a step back and self-reflect. Don't worry about what anyone else is saying, and don't worry about "contradictory comments". Aren't you a fan of this team? You quite literally have every minute of every other day going forward to argue, complain, nitpick, or whatever else you desire. If you can't enjoy this moment without putting a wet blanket over it....well, that's sad.

There's nothing to debate in what I said. You may think the timing sucks, that's fine. But reality is the original post is off base if you actually look at the last 6 tournaments we participated in.
. you compare cliff 2 game early season tournaments and big east tournament thats 3 games where you play the same team for the 3rd time??

NIT and NCAA are the two biggest, REAL tournaments by far. and Sha has shown more success than any coach not named PJ in a tournament.

Hes got what it takes. clearly. undeniable really.

. you compare cliff 2 game early season tournaments and big east tournament thats 3 games where you play the same team for the 3rd time??

NIT and NCAA are the two biggest, REAL tournaments by far. and Sha has shown more success than any coach not named PJ in a tournament.

Hes got what it takes. clearly. undeniable really.
NIT had 7 teams decline its YUGE!!!!

I am having a great night. You seem to be miserable. Everyone knows how the season went, the ups and downs that every team goes thru. We don’t need you to remind us. We’re all fairly knowledgeable here. But, if you can’t enjoy what this team accomplished this season then I feel sorry for you.

You're more worried about arguing with fans than you are about being happy we just won something. It's evident you want the last word in this entire thread, but take a step back and self-reflect. Don't worry about what anyone else is saying, and don't worry about "contradictory comments". Aren't you a fan of this team? You quite literally have every minute of every other day going forward to argue, complain, nitpick, or whatever else you desire. If you can't enjoy this moment without putting a wet blanket over it....well, that's sad.
I can enjoy this and argue a factually incorrect statement. I’ll start a thread of Dawes deserves to be a Naismith hall of famer and you think it should fly ok without being challenged? That’s how stupid this topic is

I can enjoy this and argue a factually incorrect statement. I’ll start a thread of Dawes deserves to be a Naismith hall of famer and you think it should fly ok without being challenged? That’s how stupid this topic is
Now you’re just making up dumb stuff. Stop digging your hole. You might fall in.

Now you’re just making up dumb stuff. Stop digging your hole. You might fall in.
No hole to fall in. The facts have been laid out and nobody challenges the facts. Just resorting to name calling. Amazing how people just yes anything positive after a win no matter how the facts contradict it. I mean one guy wants to think the NIT is a real tournament better than the big east. Yikes. What a horrible argument.

When people say a coach is a great tournament coach it's because of what they do on March, i.e. the Elite 8 run, now the NIT title. It's not what they do in some random November tournament in a tropical destination.

Did Tom Izzo earn his reputation from winning November tournaments or always having his teams prepared to make runs in March?

(And before you go down another rabbit hole I'm not comparing Sha to Tom Izzo).

I cant believe this thread to be honest.

We all know it’s the NIT. We all felt the disappointment of missing the NCAA Tournament after going 13-7 in the BE and posting some impressive wins. I appreciated and enjoyed this run. The NIT championship game had buzz for the first time forever, we were tending nationally on social media, the team made an exciting comeback, and they got to be recognized as champions of something and enjoy a moment. I’m glad for it. They’ll be remembered in program history.

Holloway is a good coach, period. I don’t know what makes a good tournament coach, but his team got better as the year went on and it responded to adversity, won games. Similar to what he instilled in his team at St. Peter’s. Players clearly developed. I hope this helps a bit in building a team that can do something like this in the NCAA Tournament. I hope Richmond and Davis consider running it back and taking the next step here.

When people say a coach is a great tournament coach it's because of what they do on March, i.e. the Elite 8 run, now the NIT title. It's not what they do in some random November tournament in a tropical destination.

Did Tom Izzo earn his reputation from winning November tournaments or always having his teams prepared to make runs in March?

(And before you go down another rabbit hole I'm not comparing Sha to Tom Izzo).

I cant believe this thread to be honest.
The big east tournament isn’t in March? I can’t believe you’re comparing the runs Tom Izzo had to an NIT run which 25% of the field dropped out of. I gotta go read up on NIT coaches the last 40 years. There might be some other great tournament coaches I’m unaware of. I’ll look into CBI runs as well.

The big east tournament isn’t in March? I can’t believe you’re comparing the runs Tom Izzo had to an NIT run which 25% of the field dropped out of. I gotta go read up on NIT coaches the last 40 years. There might be some other great tournament coaches I’m unaware of. I’ll look into CBI runs as well.
I was so hoping that you woke up on the right side of the bed this morning but alas, just another miserable day in the neighborhood.

Reactions: shupat08
I was so hoping that you woke up on the right side of the bed this morning but alas, just another miserable day in the neighborhood.
No I just woke up calling the ridiculousness out in real time. Just like when we were losing in San Diego I said Sha needs time. Half the board went off the deep end. The ridiculousness of emotional posting how great or how bad we are has always been off the charts, this is just another example. We had lost 7 tournament games in a row under Sha before this run. 2 of the losses to Siena and DePaul.

• Haha
Reactions: Hall Is Life
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT