ADVERTISEMENT

So what is the solution??

He had a great year averaging 14 and 7.4. Not sure he would have done much better than that here.
That’s because of Florida’s offense. It’s why players aren’t necessarily rewarded with just stats.

Florida scored at will because they had lots of scorers. They were 6th in the country in scoring per game.

Didn’t translate to winning a big game.

Samuel had many open dunks, put-backs, etc.

So while he may have had better stats, I’m not so sure his actual game improved (3 point percentage, free throw shooting and turnovers were all worse than the previous two years.

In other words, I’m not sure it made his game better for the professional ranks. But we will never know

So while he may have had better stats, I’m not so sure his actual game improved (3 point percentage, free throw shooting and turnovers were all worse than the previous two years.

In other words, I’m not sure it made his game better for the professional ranks. But we will never know

Very true. My opinion of Samuel was that he just didn't possess the ability (or maybe desire) to push himself to get to the next level. There were flashes that he was an NBA caliber player and then he would disappear and play lazy. It was a natural comparison to Mamu when he came in and I felt like he had more natural athletic ability than Mamu but didn't work as hard.

It's certainly possible that Sha would have gotten more out of him this year. I was personally just not convinced he had it in him to raise up to that challenge.

Few coaches demand what Holloway demands. Maybe other coaches might be satisfied with what they see in practice where Sha is not.

That said, no player anywhere can bring it every single day when you have been playing BB since the summer virtually non stop. These players are not robots.
I've never seen a Sha practice. Only read what you and other post here.

But just looking at the Big East coaches alone, do you really think he is more demanding than Danny Hurley, Rick Pitino or Sean Miller, just to name a few that immediately come to mind. Hurley's intensity is legendary. Miller's intensity is pretty legendary. And the NCAA changed a rule years ago because of how hard and how much Pitino practiced his kids.

Reactions: Burnsly
Part of me feels like schedule cupcakes and smash them all and give them what they want, but my heart says to keep the schedule as is some easy and some tough to condition the players for the rough Big East. Take Rutgers off schedule too. 🤣

They need to take the NET to the cleaners and refigure it to reflect what's happening in real life. How are teams who haven't played in a few games because their season has ended better than us? I'm relishing hearing people at work and random saying they are watching the NIT over the Big Dance as they are finding it more enjoyable. We may not be playing in the NCAA, but the nonstop reading of people and media saying how screwed up everything is, how unenjoyable some games are with other teams missing, how big of a mistake was made, CBS Sports and other reputable sources, makes it all feel even better.

Let's get UNLV, keep it all going!!
Go Pirates and Go Big East!!

They need to take the NET to the cleaners and refigure it to reflect what's happening in real life.

At least open it up so people can understand what is driving the rankings.

I'm relishing hearing people at work and random saying they are watching the NIT over the Big Dance as they are finding it more enjoyable.

That feels like a pity comment. "That model wasn't good enough for you anyway.."

Samuel’s % of minutes played was higher than what he played at Seton Hall, his offensive rating was significantly better at UF than SHU, his usage rate higher, his defensive and offensive rebounding % were higher. Oh and his assist rate higher, turnover rate lower, fouls committed lower, founds drawn higher, 2PT% higher.

Samuel’s % of minutes played was higher than what he played at Seton Hall, his offensive rating was significantly better at UF than SHU, his usage rate higher, his defensive and offensive rebounding % were higher. Oh and his assist rate higher, turnover rate lower, fouls committed lower, founds drawn higher, 2PT% higher.
He was a year senior

But did he truly find happiness?

He also played his natural position.
I watched a number of his games - sometimes he did and sometimes he was the only big in there.

I think Sha pushed him significantly and he improved a lot under his coaching. He made another leap this year too, so he benefitted from the Florida coaches too. Kid made more $ and seemed to have a good experience. And we got the benefit of seeing Bediako. Seems like it worked for all parties - a rare win win.

Reactions: Piratz
At least open it up so people can understand what is driving the rankings.

That feels like a pity comment. "That model wasn't good enough for you anyway.."
I appreciate your input and understand and can see where feeling it would be pity, but when my coworkers and others bring up different games in the NCAA and then talking about other teams like Indiana State, my ears opened up, like you ARE really watching it and paying attention. They get extra points when they mention us! 🤣 (we did get tickets for my coworkers and 38 clients to attend the Marquette vs Hall game that we won, they've been asking when we're going to another game!! Maybe we should do it more often than 1 game a season! Bring a little luck with us!)

Reactions: HallX2 and Merge
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT