ADVERTISEMENT

Sterling Gibbs on WSOU tonight

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
6PM sharp. After Gibbs Jerry Carino will call in with his opinion.

Interviewers

Clayton Collier, John Fanta and Matt Valentine.

6PM sharp. After Gibbs Jerry Carino will call in with his opinion.
Could just be me, but this seems a little strange. Particularly given TG Sr's comments. Almost like we're celebrating the fact that our leading scorer is transferring for reasons, in part, we are all aware of. I'm sure Gibbs will say all the right things. Would be great if they took calls, would love to hear the response to some questions we'd all love to hear be asked.

Could just be me, but this seems a little strange. Particularly given TG Sr's comments. Almost like we're celebrating the fact that our leading scorer is transferring for reasons, in part, we are all aware of. I'm sure Gibbs will say all the right things. Would be great if they took calls, would love to hear the response to some questions we'd all love to hear be asked.
Bad idea. I am interested in SHU players. I don't care why he left or who he is. He isn't a Pirate.

Reactions: batts
Bad idea. I am interested in SHU players. I don't care why he left or who he is. He isn't a Pirate.
And I'm sure Carino will be fawning over him when he calls in. Weird move all around from a PR perspective.

WSOU asked ( and why not ) and Gibbs said yes. It's additional experience for the student reporters, but if it anything other than a conservative interview with no new information , then I would be surprised.

WSOU asked ( and why not ) and Gibbs said yes. It's additional experience for the student reporters, but if it anything other than a conservative interview with no new information , then I would be surprised.
The experience they will gain doesn't seem to be very beneficial if it's just a standard, conservative interview. They can do that with any one of our existing or former players. If they ask some tough questions it will be far more productive in their development as media members. What's the risk? Gibbs transferring? I'm not saying railroad him but there are a lot of ways to make this a potentially compelling interview by asking about certain things in the right manner.

I don't give a crap about Gibbs anymore. I don't care if he says good or bad things about our program. I wish he would just leave and keep his mouth shut. That goes double for his big mouth father.

Right now I really do not care what Gibb's has to say, he is no longer a Seton Hall Pirate. I would rather hear about the player ( hopefully Derrick Gordon) that we are going to add to next years Seton Hall Team.

Reactions: seton1996
I have met Sterling Gibbs in person and spoken with him and gotten a sense of him as a person. He's a human being first and somewhere down the list he's a Pirate. I support our WSOU staff in seeking out interest stories as well.

Sheesh.

Gibbs...yawn. Let's move on. He is no angel. I laugh when Pelzman calls him a class act. How many class acts do you know who get multiple suspensions and have given a cheap shot for the whole country to see? The best is, and many of you might not know this, but a short time before Gibbs announced he was leaving, Willard and Lyons asked him flat out if he was coming back. Gibbs told them he was definitely coming back. Willard then chose to use the ship on a big (Anderson). A week or so later the kid says he is transferring. Some class act.

What I said came out sounding bad- I appreciate what he provided on the court ,some of the great performances he provided on the court that led to some great wins, I wish him well as a basketball player and also wish him good luck as a human being in life. My belief in GOD is what helps guide me thru each day, GOD is caring and loving and accepts all people and I try to live my life by accepting and treating all people the way I would like to be treated.

Last edited:
Ok I'm game. Did he say anything worth repeating here? Doubt he manned up and said what ended to be said.

And I'm sure Carino will be fawning over him when he calls in. Weird move all around from a PR perspective.
I don't think WSOU is concerned with towing the company line or any PR perspectives. I hope not, anyway. I didn't get to listen, but I thought it was a smart bit of programming, hosting the guy who was out best player but who decided to play his grad year somewhere else. I'd have liked to hear why.

Nothing good can come of this if he tells the truth. But I don't think he will so what is the point?

Obviously, either SG said nothing or no one listened to the interview since, for a change, there's a deathly silence on this matter.

I don't think WSOU is concerned with towing the company line or any PR perspectives. I hope not, anyway. I didn't get to listen, but I thought it was a smart bit of programming, hosting the guy who was out best player but who decided to play his grad year somewhere else. I'd have liked to hear why.
Come on Source. No chance that happens. I feel about him like Gene Hackman felt when the townspeople starting chanting for Jimmy Chitwick. Let's cover our team and the kids who want to be here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT