ADVERTISEMENT

Super Saturday

Nbnylon

Senior
Apr 30, 2019
Oh what a day tomorrow will be for BE fans.

4 games of major importance.

First the Marquette at X game spread 3.5. If X fans can will their team to beat a Kolek-less Marquette team at 5pm that would make our 8:30 game a win and we get the 3 seed. 3 seed is huge as you play the tired winner of the 9:30 game from the night before, whereas the 4 gets a rested 5 seed. LETS GO X.

In the alternative, if Marquette wins then who do we want:
3 teams tied at 10-9 looking for that 5 seed and first round bye: Providence, Nova and SJU

Prov is home v UConn
Nova is home to Creighton
SJU V GTOWN

Who would you want to see if we ended up in the 4-5?

I would prefer Prov. who we beat and then should have beat in second game.
I do not want to see Nova again within 8 days of beating them.
I do not want to see a revitalized SJU team who we killed twice, at the Garden

Just beat DePaul.I really don't care who we play in BET 4-5 game.If we play well we can beat any of them.If we play poorly we can lose to any of them.The outcome of that game is on us.

Just beat DePaul.I really don't care who we play in BET 4-5 game.If we play well we can beat any of them.If we play poorly we can lose to any of them.The outcome of that game is on us.
Well I would certainly prefer the 3 as opposed to being in the 4-5 game. The 3 plays the team that had to play the night before at 9:30 pm if not later. Where the 4 and 5 play each other fresh, not having played since Saturday

Oh what a day tomorrow will be for BE fans.

4 games of major importance.

First the Marquette at X game spread 3.5. If X fans can will their team to beat a Kolek-less Marquette team at 5pm that would make our 8:30 game a win and we get the 3 seed. 3 seed is huge as you play the tired winner of the 9:30 game from the night before, whereas the 4 gets a rested 5 seed. LETS GO X.
To get the 3 seed, we would also need for Creighton to beat Nova. If Creighton and Marquette both lose, we end up in a 3 way tie for 2nd place. Unfortunately, we are then the 4 seed based on going 1-3 in miniseries against them.

The question is...do we prefer the 3 seed and losing the Nova game as Quad 1 (Nova is now Quad 2, but if they beat Creighton it would be Quad 1) or would we prefer the 4 seed having 6 Quad 1 wins.

Reactions: pirate AI
I think I would prefer to play Nova at the 3 v 6 with them having had to play the night before until say Midnight. As opposed to likely playing a fresh SJU team which has a ton of talent that is finally starting to jell, especially since it essentially on their home court.

To get the 3 seed, we would also need for Creighton to beat Nova. If Creighton and Marquette both lose, we end up in a 3 way tie for 2nd place. Unfortunately, we are then the 4 seed based on going 1-3 in miniseries against them.

The question is...do we prefer the 3 seed and losing the Nova game as Quad 1 (Nova is now Quad 2, but if they beat Creighton it would be Quad 1) or would we prefer the 4 seed having 6 Quad 1 wins.
Russ, isn't it so wrong that we have to worry about metrics instead of just playing the team that would give you the best chance to advance?

Russ, isn't it so wrong that we have to worry about metrics instead of just playing the team that would give you the best chance to advance?
Yes - and what is even worse is i was pissed Richmond missed 2 ft attempts late in Nova game to get us up 12. Or that i am going to be pissed if we don't win tomorrow by 30.

Reactions: Halldan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT