ADVERTISEMENT

Possible seed in BE

Nbnylon

Senior
Apr 30, 2019
I know I’m getting way ahead of myself and should only be concerned about the next game. However, Creighton, Marquette and SHU all have 10 wins. If Creighton beats Marquette in March, we beat Creighton and neither of them beats UCONN and the 3 teams finish tied we would all be 2-2 against each other but get the 2 seed based on the only team of the 3 which beat the team above us (UConn). Again very unlikely scenario but who have thought in December that this would be possible in late February.

Five games to go, still a ton can happen. Once we get down to 2-3 games left, then you can really start to look at different scenarios.

The only things that look certain to me right now are UConn at #1, Georgetown and DePaul some combination of 10-11. Either Marquette, Creighton, or Seton Hall will finish second and those three will likely be no worse than fourth. SH and Creighton have a two game lead over Providence with 5 games to play.

IMG_7081.png

Source: @mjhackman on twitter. Runs simulations on several conferences regularly.

Right now I'd say we are headed for the 4/5 game at 2:30 on Thursday, Assuming we beat DePaul that makes 11 wins. If you win one more game that's 12.

The teams behind us have to win almost every game.. I project 2 losses for each team based on tough remaining schedules.

Providence 8-7. have to go 4-1
Villanova. 7-7. have to go 5-1
Xavier 7-7. have to go 5-1
Butler 7-8. have to go 5-0

It is not impossible to catch Creighton for third. Would probably have to beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT