ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 teams budgets

Despite the results, i can't believe how much UCONN spends. Apparently, they are hemorrhaging money as an overall university. How about cutting back on how much they spend on basketball. While the results are great, why should the taxpayers have to fund?

Reactions: LBP43
Interesting and look at the size of UConns - we can't compete.

Budgets are not all apples to apples. No matter what our budgeted dollars are, SHU is different because we have to pay big $ for the Rock to hold our games. Lots of schools have on campus arenas so they can allocate more of their budgets to coaches and facilities etc and those schools games can sometimes be more profitable because they don't have the outside buys for the arena (or not all their games are at the pro arena).

Reactions: TommyAlly and SOBO1
The trouble with these lists are that I’m not sure everyone has the same accounting methodologies, fixed expenses, etc.

For example would seton hall pays $1M+ in rent to The Rock annually. Others with their own arena don’t have that expense. Or is one school amortizing the cost of their $100M+ practice facility whereas maybe some other school records the facility expense under some other university budget.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Interesting and look at the size of UConns - we can't compete.

Budgets are not all apples to apples. No matter what our budgeted dollars are, SHU is different because we have to pay big $ for the Rock to hold our games. Lots of schools have on campus arenas so they can allocate more of their budgets to coaches and facilities etc and those schools games can sometimes be more profitable because they don't have the outside buys for the arena (or not all their games are at the pro arena).
Missed your post but I’m aligned with you. It can be complete apples and oranges.

Reactions: Section112
You have to be careful when you’re comparing the budgets for athletics at a state supported school verses a private one.

UConn's reported athletic budget for '23 was $93 million--compare that to rutger's budget at a whopping $153.5million--who's got a better ROI--😁😁😁😁
Nothing like a state school--

Money is big but no guarantees. Yankees and Mets payrolls are $300 M. Twice or three times most other teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT