ADVERTISEMENT

The Soprano state of mind

Seton75

Beyond All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Most know the Sopranos was based on a real Mafia family lead I think by Simone "Sam the Plumber" Decavalcante, who were thought to be less than optimally competent in running their family.

What are the chances that the two college programs who run things just as badly (probably worse) would both be in the Soprano state, just a few miles apart. And that neither is satisfied with simply sucking on the court, we have a couple of embarrassing situations every decade or so that just make you shake your head. The incompetence just never stops. I am trying to remain interested, but when facts constantly smack you in the face and say you are a fool to care anymore, I have to admit it is getting tougher.

The guys who got us into this mess are the guys who have to get us out. No sentence can make me less optimistic than that one. Our admin squandered the PJ years faster than you can play 18 holes. Then Richie Parker, EG/Amaker, firing Orr off an NCAA, hiring a guy gone gonzo, Stix, Kelly, Keon, nutpunch, head punch, quiting in midseason, ruining promising starts twice in five years in mindboggling freefalls, what did I miss?

Sadly, 75, I think you summed it up pretty well. I don't know anything about the Decavalcantes, but we have been like the Tortellis.

I think we are more like Haley's Comet as we seem to do this every five years (instead of every twenty like the Comet). We lose, our coaching situation changes, we make another bad decision and then orbit around for another 5 years and do it again.

What did you miss?

Keon on the parkway *and* Keon and Jamel expelled from the teamAaron quitting and returning and being allowed to blow up team chemistryJeremy being shotJeff jacking up threes (ignoring the coach) - we got a lot of that this season toomid-season transfers - Ferrakohn, Freddie, Hakeemthe unbelievable non-buy-in behaviors of Kevin J and Melvin Osuspensions of starters, variousimplosions of chemistry every single yearnot to mention the various injuries and near-death experiences, but that was not your list's purposeand the Man Purse, and the Captain, and the endless feuding between Gonzo and everyone elsemore technical fouls called than on other D1 teams (our fault of course)the stench of dropping so many 15-point first half leads to secure 20-point defeats
Just had to brighten it up a bit.

Originally posted by Section112:

I think we are more like Haley's Comet as we seem to do this every five years (instead of every twenty like the Comet). We lose, our coaching situation changes, we make another bad decision and then orbit around for another 5 years and do it again.
Halley's comet appears once every 75 years. We're not that bad.

Originally posted by donnie_baseball:

Originally posted by Section112:

Halley's comet appears once every 75 years. We're not that bad.
I was getting Haley's comet confused with the Mets being good. That is every 20 years. Haley's Comet is every 75 you are correct!
wink.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT