ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson to visit Cuse now

As I posted on the Trove he always wanted to go there. The reason he didn't commit in the fall or early this spring is on the Trove as well.

The Syracuse poster who said the Cuse didn't want him was blowing smoke as I noted. It was Boeheim's decision to stop recruiting him for reasons I can't post here.

Obviously those reasons have been cleared up and it would not be the least bit surprising Thompson ends up there.

As I posted on the Trove he always wanted to go there. The reason he didn't commit in the fall or early this spring is on the Trove as well.

The Syracuse poster who said the Cuse didn't want him was blowing smoke as I noted. It was Boeheim's decision to stop recruiting him for reasons I can't post here.

Obviously those reasons have been cleared up and it would not be the least bit surprising Thompson ends up there.

I didn't say we didn't want him, we didn't like the direction the recruitment was going.

I didn't say we didn't want him, we didn't like the direction the recruitment was going.
I'm going off the top of my head as I don't have time to look for your post. But by memory I believe you said you don't need him or something to that effect.

If I'm wrong I apologize. Hopefully someone with time can find the post.

That was a bizarre 24 hours.

I'd prefer a dog turd to Syracuse but best wishes.

Look. Cuse puts lots of guys in the NBA. We haven't in a long while.

Follow the money.

I'm the biggest Cuse hater there is, but it's not hard to see a kid want to play there. 30k+ for home games and that Dome is rocking... Boeheim or not...

Pirate 64 keep following the Women's program, that is where your heart is. Maybe you missed the last season, we are on an upward path. How long will Boheim be around?

You just simply cannot stop yourself can you. An unnecessary shot at one of our best fans. Good grief man you sure are a suffering something whatever it is.

He's already asking about our "other targets" I wonder if a meltdown like after the Chris Silva recruitment is gunna happen soon. That was entertaining...

I'm going off the top of my head as I don't have time to look for your post. But by memory I believe you said you don't need him or something to that effect.

We don't need him as much next year, but the following year he would start for sure, as Roberson is a senior, and its very likely Lydon could leave for the nba next year. I would personally would like to add another guard, if Malachi Richardson stays in the draft, we would only have two on the roster for next year.

Savor the last season. And hope for more lightening in a bottle next season. Pretty clear that's all we have in store for us.

Reactions: shupat08
Nova winning it all is great for us though. For those that keep claiming that. "Get lawst".

Sorry. Having a bad day. Good night

if he ends up at Cuse at least we won't likely have to play against him anytime soon.

Savor the last season. And hope for more lightening in a bottle next season. Pretty clear that's all we have in store for us.

I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not. These individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line, to represent you, this university. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team.

The players on the team all worked extremely hard before the season, played within the team concept and really played defense. Their hard work and sacrifice is why we had a great season. I am very confident that every player will improve their games during the off season (some more than others). As a Seton Hall Alum and basketball fan I am very proud of the whole team. They put Seton Hall basketball on the map and were very good representatives of Seton Hall University on the court, off the court and in the classroom. This is a special group of players who will have another successful season. Myles Powell and Myles Cale are both great players who are joining a program on the rise. There will be other recruits who will join the Pirate program.

Last edited:
If Ollie jumps to the NBA maybe a certain BE coach can sell his BET title to UConvicts as a reason they should hire him. .......

I would hope you would support who we are. Not, who we are not. These individuals have made a choice to work, a choice to sacrifice, to put themselves on the line, to represent you, this university. That kind of commitment and effort deserves and demands your respect. This is your team.
Norman Dale couldn't have said it better!

Probably the last guy you want hear from is a nova guy but I'll weigh in. First this is a total bummer. Thinking you locked him up only to have rug pulled from under you is torture. All of us in NBE have been losing players to schools like Syracuse for a long time. It's a reality we deal with. Nova's been in the top 5 for 3 years and won a national championship and still cant recruit against these guys. Your coaches did a great job and will continue to do so. The key is finding diamonds in the rough and occasionally a stud like Whitehead.

Anyone can see plain as day that SHU hoops and Coach Willard are on the rise. The key is to keep him here. (And also keep Freddy here.) To me having our coaches bolt to crappy power conference schools like Va Tech is way worse than losing a few recruiting battles.

I fully expect SHU to contend for the national championship with a legit player of the year candidate. If he doesn't come back I expect an ncaa tourney team who has as good a chance as anyone to make a deep run. Once that happens recruits will come. Not the one or two and done studs, but legit college stars who aren't ranked (Darren Hilliard comes to mind).

I know nothing about this kid Thompson other than I'm pretty sure this isn't Kareem Abdul Jabbar we're talking about. And I honestly hope there's a chance you still get him. But losing to cuse is a reality we'll always face. Hell he gets all the studs out of Philly after Duke, UNC and Kentucky are done feeding.

SHU hoops is on the rise. No other way to look at it.

Last edited:
I can not understand the negativity of certain posters. We just won the BET with 5 sophomores, have a top 100 guard in the class of 2016 and 2017. We ended 2016 number 20. And yet,because we may lose the #65 player to Syracuse which is coming off a final four, our staff stinks.

Please remind us of the litany of top 100 big men that SHU ever bested Syracuse? Luther, EG,???

Did Willard steal your girlfriend in grade school?

2016 big man Taurean Thompson expected to visit Syracuse this weekend
314909_10150534888062715_1000197849_n.jpg

Ben Sigel
Yesterday at 4:54 PM

Taurean Thompson expected to visit Syracuse this weekend.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Class of 2016 big man Taurean Thompson is expected to take an unofficial visit to Syracuse this weekend, according to a source. This will be his second time visiting SU.

Taurean has taken official visits to Syracuse, Connecticut, Seton Hall and Xavier. He has one remaining.

Here is Scout.com's breakdown of Thompson as a player:

Thompson is a player whose best basketball is clearly ahead of him. He has long arms, runs the floor extremely well, and also can step out and make a 15-foot jumper. He absolutely has to get stronger, but that should come in college. Also he is limited in terms of his basketball experience, so he has some rawness to his game, but the upside is through the roof.

He would join 2016 signee Matthew Moyer, along with 2017 targets Hamidou Diallo, Quade Green and Jordan Tucker this weekend at Syracuse.

With another official visit looming, this would be a great opportunity for the Orange to make one final push at Thompson, who remains a priority target.

http://www.scout.com/college/syracuse/story/1664437-2016-thompson-expected-to-visit-this-weekend

T Thompson down to...
Yes, plus we already have a logjam at forward, and are in more need of guards at the moment.
Post by: orange830, Sunday at 10:38 PM in forum: Pirate Hoops Chat

That was the post. I don't read anything in there that implies Cuse "didn't like the way the recruitment was going", but hey, that's just me.

I'm not usually a negative poster. TT news yesterday compounded an already rough day so I was venting a bit.

That said, this is another example of our inability to close on recruits and you can't fault posters for being frustrated by what has been a recurring theme for this program. #nocoffeeforkevin ;)

Very happy to have Powell and Cale coming in, but coming off the season we had, it's kind of deflating not to fully capitalize on it.

I do not buy the inability to close argument although I'll be as disappointed as anyone if we miss on TT. Again, it is always harder for smaller schools to get the quality big men. There are fewer of them to around and they are naturally attracted to the big name programs with the selling point of sending those types of players to the NBA.

SHU's profile has picked up significantly, recruiting has improved, so now we are legitimately in the conversation for guys like Thompson but they're hard for us to get. While continuing to go after the 4 stars, a solid back up plan is to get 3 star big men who can develop: i.e. Carter.

To me, it seems like they were flirting with SHU and UCONN to leverage Syracuse into giving them what they want. When they realized that no school would meet their demands, they went back to Syracuse - the school he wanted to attend all along.

Who knows what the real story is but, I don't think speculation as to motives does anyone any good and in fact can hurt our recruiting efforts not just with him but, with future recruits.

We don't need him as much next year, but the following year he would start for sure, as Roberson is a senior, and its very likely Lydon could leave for the nba next year. I would personally would like to add another guard, if Malachi Richardson stays in the draft, we would only have two on the roster for next year.

orange830
Just one SH fan's view but I don't care about anything to do with Syracuse basketball, who's on their roster, what there needs are , what players are staying or leaving and why you feel the need to post that information here escapes me.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT