ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal… Boomerang SHU recruits???

DIMEDISHA13

Sophomore
Mar 3, 2012
As the transfer portal starts to heat up, familiar names are starting to pop up. I had a feeling a lot of the guys who stood up Seton Hall at the altar would end up available again at some point.

Most noticeably, Scotty Middleton and Ty-Lahr Johnson made their way onto the portal the last couple of days.

I believe we were finalists with these two the first time around.

Personally I’d inquire about Scotty. Not sure about Johnson especially with the whole uniform issue that he almost sat out a game with Louisville this year.

I really like Dre Davis game. Has anyone heard if he wants to go back to Indiana and play with his brother at ND? Hope not but has to be an option for him.

The cost/benefit ratio of having Ty-Laur Johnson on your team does not seem worth it based on what I have seen. I very much see him in the same vein as Andre Curbelo.
And he hasn’t played as well as Curbello did either. Remember Curbello was Big 10 freshman of the year, I believe, on a really good Illinois team and a projected all league guy by his sophomore year before the wheels came off.

Reactions: shupat08
Cool new recruiting strategy. Put the work in early and see ya when you transfer! 💪
Best of many worlds.

1. Already some college experience.
2. Likely hungry for more playing time.
3. Might have gotten a nice bag of NIL $$ from the original school and wouldn’t mind taking less from us.

giphy.gif
Best of many worlds.

1. Already some college experience.
2. Likely hungry for more playing time.
3. Might have gotten a nice bag of NIL $$ from the original school and wouldn’t mind taking less from us.

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
The next case for the attorneys will be to
challenge the 5 year rule, or next year when it is 4 years. Let the players get a double
masters and a PhD

There is no limit on the number of times you can transfer anymore----example--
Primo Spears started in Duquesne for one year, then transferred to Georgetown & played for a year then transferred to Florida State for this season. Three schools, three years, no sit out, & he is back in the portal again looking for a 4th school & more $$$. Totally out of control with no end in sight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT