ADVERTISEMENT

Trove Tidbits

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Part 2 of our Desi Rodriquez interview

SHU as Desi sees it​

The European leagues, which play less frequently and fewer games overall but over a longer period than the NBA, only allow for off seasons of only a couple months, according to Rodriguez, who has spent a lot of time this summer in the States on campus at his alma mater. Seeing his former assistant coach in Shaheen Holloway as the head honcho in South Orange has been interesting.

“As a head coach it’s different than him coaching us as an assistant coach. He brings fuel, he’s very into it, he’s energized. He’s been learning a lot, getting better, had success at Saint Peter’s. This year what I’m seeing is he’s dedicated. He wants to win … I’m so excited for him and I’m very confident in him,” he said.

Rodriguez is impressed by the level of talent he’s seen practicing on campus this summer, highlighting Pirate point guard Kadary Richmond as a player ready to take a jump as well as noting that he likes what he’s seen out of several players, specifically Al-Amir Dawes, Dylan Addae-Wusu and Jaden Bediako.................

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT