ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Powell

Great to see us land a kid from California!

Just a few comments for the constant whiners who complain about the lack of Top 75 recruits: Willard has proven to be an excellent evaluator of kids who work hard, want to learn, and hang around long enough to bring seasoned leadership to his teams. Our 2020-21 team features Mamu and Rhoden, both 3-Star recruits and neither ranked in the top 150 of their class. I'm certain many of the Blue Blood schools would love to have a player with the maturity and skill sets that these two players possess. Seton Hall will not be a perennial top 10 school, however, I can see us being in the top 25 most seasons. I'm very happy with the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes and predict that Ngandu will be the diamond in the rough. Cheers to KW and the Pirate staff!

and we are also in the running for a top 50 recruit from California in the 2022 class that is a baller.

Just watched his Instagram announcement live and this Kid is genuine, polite, humble and has a great infectious smile. That is so contrary to his game face On the court when he is locked in is all business and hard nosed. He will be really easy to root for and I am thrilled he is a Pirate. He is well built right now but after our trainers get a hold of him he could end up looking like Michael Cooper.

Just watched his Instagram announcement live and this Kid is genuine, polite, humble and has a great infectious smile. That is so contrary to his game face On the court when he is locked in is all business and hard nosed. He will be really easy to root for and I am thrilled he is a Pirate. He is well built right now but after our trainers get a hold of him he could end up looking like Michael Cooper.
Michael Cooper was jacked!

Very good get for the Pirates and a virtual recruiting success. One thing that has stood out to me with our recruiting is how geographically diverse it has become the last couple of years and how few of the NY / NJ Metro area kids we’re getting once our bread and butter.Samuel and Ngandu are from Canada,Molson is from Buffalo , Ikey is from Georgia ( the state ) , Long is from Texas, Stevens is from DC, Tray Jackson from Detroit, Conway from Md. and Powell, a California player. Of course our one NJ player is grad transfer Bruce Aiken , a very key addition this year.

Perfect description, I was thinking the exact same thing!

The future of the Program is starting to shape up beyond the 20/21 season.

21/22 we'll be led by seniors Rhoden and Molson but they'll be supported by these guys who will make up the core of the team beyond that.

Is this good enough? Where should we look to add with our 3 2021 scholarships? What would be the ideal type of transfer to bring in to supplement this group?

Guards - Conway, Long
SF - Powell, Stevens
PF - Samuel, Jackson
C - Ngandu

its solid and there is more coming this year and next. BTW, wouldn’t Ike still have a year of eligibility in 21/22 if he choses to use it.

However, when I saw your list it struck me that we are truly witnessing a passing of the guard. The guys from Isaiah to MP raised the program to sustained heights that we have not experienced in a quarter century. Guys who we lived and died with, saw their development, and truly became very familiar with. Guys we knew who could line up with nearly any team in the country and have real chance to get a W.

I like the guys we have now but its going to take some getting used to.

It’s always a “ feel good “ story when we get a talented recruit because of the effort or input from a a former Pirate player , in this case with Powell it was Pookey Wigington and I hope the staff works on cultivating relationships with other former Pirates particularly those who are involved in coaching HS , AAU or JUCO basketball.

Last edited:
Still listen to Tribe called Quest. I miss the five foot assassin / funky diabetic Phife about as much as I miss MCA Adam Yauch.

As for culture currency I also seem to recall Chance the Rapper donning a royal blue Seton Hall starter jacket on occasion.

I know we like the players that have committed already and yes we are in play for some others. But other then Nova, I hate to see those other programs in front of us.
We have better recruits than butler and Georgetown they are just above us because they each have 3 kids committed and we have 2. DePaul somehow has 2 top 70 kids again like they did with this past years freshman class. And Marquette has 1 fringe 4 star while out 2 commits are ranked really closely behind the 4 star mark as 3 stars. Marquette’s second commit is ranked behind Tyler and Ryan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT