ADVERTISEMENT

waiting till 3/26 is crazy & shows how small time SHU truly acts re:bball

Bobbie Solo

All World
Dec 31, 2003
Bayonne Leave It Alone
if he's staying, then that should be confirmed 100% by now. Same thing if he's fired. There aren't alot of things you want to take cues from Alabama on re: college sports, but their decision about Anthony Grant got them way out ahead of everyone else in terms of attractive jobs that are available. Depaul too for that matter, and that job is more of a dead end than ours is.

It doesn't make a huge difference.

1-The important thing is to get it all done before the NABC Convention at the Final Four. That's where all the networking and a lot of the meetings take place,

2-You want to do the negotiations properly. Chances are that the earlier you decide, the more money the school is handing over. If you let the negotiations get in the way of the Final Four convention timeline, then you've got a problem. But that's not close to happening here yet.

You can relax.... For now.

That can still be happening, we just don't know it. Again, on March 18th, it's not a big deal.

Do you also think that the Hurley brothers, for instance, would be concerned with the Seton Hall situation right now? Most of the people the school would be interested in have their own teams to worry about right now, which is why the school would be interested in them in the first place.

It's all about being to act by the Final Four. If there's a week's time to work the back channels leading into it, that's ideal.. And that point is still a week away.

And bama fired their coach while still in the nit we do some routine saying we don't want to take away from the woman's team. Very lame no other school thinks like that and that is why we are a bottom feeder

#FireWillardNow

I'll say it again that the decision has been made and the March meeting of the BOR is just to formally confirm whatever the decision is . I have no doubt that the leaders on the BOR on both sides of the issue have had numerous discussions with those in agreement with them and with those opposed and they all know how it's going to come out. That likely scenario would change only if there are ongoing discussions with Kevin and/or his agent on reaching a negotiated settlement that both parties can agree to. In that case the upcoming BOR meeting would be to ratify the settlement not to determine the status of the coach.

I think all sides should come on this site daily and report what is going on.

I'll wait til 4/26 if it means we can get a new coach.

You know that the Regents meet regularly and not with the purpose in mind of discussing bball. There's another issue on the table now that the Regents might consider important, a medical school, :)

If you're all still waiting for a decision on Willard, I'd suggest you fast forward to March, 2016, maybe then. And if you're waiting for the athletic office to address the Willard situation, they're not. There's nothing to address. The coach is staying. Maybe HD'A should address the board like he did last year at this time with his blue tinted glasses. I just wouldn't suggest that he ask for or suggest upping our donations.

Muggsy, given my experience with SHU going back to the PJ era, I agree with your assessment, particularly about not waiting for the Athletic office to address the Willard situation. It has really soured my view on Lyons notwithstanding other good things he has done. I see positives being achieved by SHU on the education front, I am proud of Alma Mater, but the continuing inept handling of our Flagship Athletic program has been like a pebble in a shoe to me. Maybe its time to move and devote my sporting interests, season tickets, etc. elsewhere.
This post was edited on 3/18 12:16 PM by lokiSHU

just move the basketball program to the NEC or America East if he is staying. I'm not even kidding. Keeping Willard just tells you that Seton Hall has no interest of trying to be a big time basketball program. You can give all the nonsense in the world that this isn't the case. They are fooling nobody.

Originally posted by sportsfantatic44:
just move the basketball program to the NEC or America East if he is staying. I'm not even kidding. Keeping Willard just tells you that Seton Hall has no interest of trying to be a big time basketball program. You can give all the nonsense in the world that this isn't the case. They are fooling nobody.
I know it doesn't help and it certainly won't help my mood and on top of it, I have counseled others towards patience myself.

I just want to acknowledge that this small-time feeling floats in and out of my mind constantly and it does get a bit disheartening to say the very least.

Loki, agree with you that there is much that has happened and is happening on the academic front that is pushing our great University forward, and as much as I diislike Willard and think that he is a poor coach, I need to agree with what Dan and maybe SPK told us. Willard is going nowhere and I've personally decided to move on.

I've said it on this board several times, not that I expect anyone to listen, lol, but the University has bigger fish to fry. Dr. Esteban has been working with CEO Robert Garrett on the medical school even before he was appointed President. You think that just maybe that had something to do with his appointment? That contributed to a lay appointment rather than another priest or Monsignor. Personally, I think we were very lucky. And if anyone's contract should be torn up and rewritten with a big bump in salary, it is Dr. Esteban's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT