ADVERTISEMENT

who went to see social network?

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
clearly the donation to newark had to do with how zuckerberg's character was portrayed in the film

overall a bland story that was shot in a boring fashion hoping secretariat is way better

Just saw it. I was mostly interested in the business and legal aspects of Facebook so I thought it was very good assuming it was true.

Zuckerberg does come across as a bit of an asshole, screwing his best friend and stealing some aspects of others ideas for Facebook although they all end up with a boatload of cash.

But my son just moved to Brooklyn and was having a party Sat nite. The instructions he put on the invite, sent via Facebook, said take the RR. But that line was all f'ed up that night, and when he found out, he sent them all a text saying take another line instead. So thanks to Facebook, RIM and the Internet, 50-60 young kids were able to make it to a party and get all f'ed up Sat nite, which is probably what Al Gore really had in mind when he invented all this stuff, seeing that Al loves happy endings!

the editing was good and the telling of the story from 3 pov but other than that about as dissapointing a film as the wrestler

Originally posted by NYShoreGuy:
the editing was good and the telling of the story from 3 pov but other than that about as dissapointing a film as the wrestler

I have not seen this film & probably won't (topic is not of interest to me) but I did like "the Wrestler" so like all movies it's usually a subjective opinion.

Tom K

Actually enjoyed it. Zuckerberg was portrayed both visually and personalitywise very accurately.

ST - remember the time you gave me the heads up about MachoMan Randy Savage winning the WWF weeks before the mattch since either you or a confidential informant saw posters for the rematch at the next Wrestlemania?

Saw it this past weekend and thought it was worth the money. Assuming a that a Hollywood flick based on real events, is typically about 75% correct, you have to draw your own judgement if you're trying to take a side. I did find it interesting that everyone in the movie from Harvard (right up to the President) was portrayed as either superficial or obnoxious. There are a few loose ends that are curious; the two that struck me. First, what happened to the third guy that he supposedly stole the idea. The twins collected on the settlement, but no mention about him. Secondly, his other roomate clearly was in on Eduardo getting diluted shares....was that out of greed or did Zuckerberg pressure him to do that....we'll never know. I would recommend it (as I would also recommend the Wrestler!!!)

the third guy, who was friends with the twins, he was a part of their settlement and collected a decent share of money as well.

as far as eduardo getting the diluted shares, there's a fair amount of info summarized very quickly or left out of the movie.

basically, yes the other roommate who had 5% of the company did know about what they were doing. eduardo apparently did legit. piss off mark and the third roommate that whole summer by not nly not moving to the bay area with them but also bc he purposefully was lagging on signing off on many important documents that needed his signature so they could move ahead with things. as they said in the movie, things were moving very fast at that time. he was apparently legit. holding things up. so mark got pissed and forced him out. which was f'ed up, and he paid for it. eduardo is stil an idiot though for signing that stuff without a lawyer reviewing it...thats crazy. but then of course it gets to the crux of the movie, as he trusted his friends, as many would in the same scenario.

great movie, so much to discuss and think about. amazing soundtrack too from my favorite artist trent reznor. the mood he set throughout was so cool.

Bobbie, that is the one thing that makes you wonder regarding making Eduardo look like the victim. Clearly there was a lot of contention between them on running the business, so for him to be so naive when he went to San Fran and not have a lawyer look at the documents was foolish or plain stupid on his part. Good point on the soundtrack too. Overall a very good flick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT