ADVERTISEMENT

Willard's Offense

SOSHU

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2009
Willard has stated that he has implemented only 44% of his offensive package. He said next year will be much better. Yeah Right!!!

This post was edited on 3/17 2:49 PM by SOSHU

Are you kidding me? After 5 years we are functioning at 44% offensive capacity in his estimate?
What is he waiting for, the locust to return?

Originally posted by Dog3:
Are you kidding me? After 5 years we are functioning at 44% offensive capacity in his estimate?
What is he waiting for, the locust to return?
I did not see the quote, but I suspect he was referring to the amount the frosh could absorb this year, not cumulative over five years.

For those of us who have watched for five years, I for one see little missing from prior years other than Hazel bombing from 30 feet and feeding our "center" in the paint like last year.

What a pile of baloney. If he's measuring it that precisely , he should be in a laboratory.

His offensive package doesn't matter. If you can't get guys to play hard where every possession is life and death, you should not be coaching.
If he has some secret weapon offense what is he saving it for?

Enough is enough.

OMG, not the "implementation" quotes again. His talk about "installing" offense and defense became comical. Then a player would get into foul trouble or get hurt and we'd have to restart the whole process over again and make that the blame.

it was just another sign of how the job was too big for him.

How he sat there and watched his team flat out refuse to move the ball at times is beyond me. And his lethargic, indifferent coaching against Marquette's 2-3 zone at the BET was intolerable and inexcusable. They ran the same defense the entire game. Insane.

This post was edited on 3/18 9:39 AM by Piratz

Offense? We would have been happy with one inbounds play that didn't have the ball sailing over the half court line. His offense is non-existent.

The inept offense against Marquette's zone was mind boggling. Willard should have taped the Duke Vs. Notre Dame game to see two excellent coaches execute effective offenses against a zone while also alternating good man-to-man d with zone defenses. Not only was our offense against the zone woeful, but our man-to-man defense was awful. Why Willard didn't turn to zone more this year is beyond me.

Will be interesting to see if Willard stays. That last game was one of the worst performances of any SHU team I've seen in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT