ADVERTISEMENT

Wofford / CBS National Game Thread

Really. Check posts. Many dismissed them.

Point is they had the best shooter and more disciplined team on this night.

I don’t give them much chance against Kentucky, but I’ll be rooting for them
You’re a Trove member I can see. There were a couple posters who said Wofford wasn’t all that great. The rest of us—like 95%—thought Wofford was good, but untested and difficult to measure. I at least felt that way.

I still thought we would win, but I didn’t underestimate them. They can shoot—they have all season. Unfortunately, we let their shooting affect us on our offensive possessions and tried to match them with 3’s which was silly outside of Powell.

Reactions: SHUMA04
I probably underestimated them a bit. But, I wasn’t playing, nor did I have a direct line to influence the team to take them likely.

Reactions: chickenbox
That’s an extremely absurd take. That’s what every team does at their open practice. It’s not even a real practice.

There were certainly things that didn’t go right, but Wofford was better. I’m very interested to see how that Kentucky game shakes out, especially if Washington can’t play.

Sorry, I disagree. This isn’t the Golden State warriors. It just goes to the whole vibe of the week. It should have been all business.

Granted this Wofford team was way better then expected, but This could have been avoided.

Reality is now sinking in that I have to watch the god for saken mets until Hall ball is back

Credit to Wofford's shooting. They hit them on some breakdowns and lots of good defense. They were the most impressive team of the day.

Reactions: Pirate64
We are not alone guys.
Lots of fans are disappointed this morning including Marquette snd Cuse’s.
The fact is Wofford had far better shooters than anyone we played this year. They would have easily won the Big East title
We had a nice season and played hard last night. But they were way too good for us.

Your missing the point big-time. The open practice isn’t a real practice. It’s more or less just a public exhibition. Teams are able to practice for real off-site when they go to the tournament.

Reactions: buckfoston824
We are not alone guys.
Lots of fans are disappointed this morning including Marquette snd Cuse’s.
The fact is Wofford had far better shooters than anyone we played this year. They would have easily won the Big East title
We had a nice season and played hard last night. But they were way too good for us.
This is I don’t agree with. I don’t think Wofford does this night in and night out against physical teams 2x per week.

I believe KW knew they were good, but I don’t think our boys knew how good they really were. Not to take anything away from Wofford—they played their best last night. No question.

But, like they say: it’s easier being the hunter than the hunted. And despite the seeding, I think Wofford had something to prove last night to the country. They are still David. They aren’t Gonzaga yet.

Reactions: anon_x0d8d0dquuo4t
How much film do the players watch of their opponent from Selection Sunday till gameday?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT