ADVERTISEMENT

Wofford / CBS National Game Thread

Didn’t have a very good game tonight. Needed some offense other than Powell. Cale is really a bench player. He just checks out of games too often. We desperately need some wings to come in.

Reactions: Piratepuck
6 free throws isn't the difference. say we make 4 of them. it's still a 12 pt game. They have so much fire power and we bit on every pump fake and shot

Reactions: anon_x0d8d0dquuo4t
Lots of holes to fill next year. Does Willard actually go with Q at the point? Need some shooters to develop, low post scorer?

Why can't we get some three point shooters? Maybe we need to get that Aussieplayer Antonio!! Need someone else besides Powell!! We will be back next year but we need more inside out play!!

Lot of turnovers but I cant even be mad. Was a hell of a run to even make it. Like many other posters have said we need another scorer desperately

Abysmal effort. Failure in every degree. Maybe try actually practicing instead of taking half court shots in your March Madness practice. Terrible.

That’s an extremely absurd take. That’s what every team does at their open practice. It’s not even a real practice.

There were certainly things that didn’t go right, but Wofford was better. I’m very interested to see how that Kentucky game shakes out, especially if Washington can’t play.

The frustrating thing to see is watching these guys get taken out of their game so easily. SHU will mature and get better next year.

We all witnessed a composed team vs. one that reacts to their opponent.

Reactions: buckfoston824
they just showed us how Marquette felt it was 67-66 ........... remember?

I thought we'd win. Not because I underestimated Wofford - I knew and said they were good, although I didn't know that big Jackson was as good as he seems to be -- but I thought our quickness and athleticism would cause them problems. It obviously did at times; the only reason this wasn't a 25 point blowout is because Powell wents nuts again in the second half and our pressure D really bothered them. I thought our kids got tired and I do not understand why we didn't see Nelson or Reynolds more in the second half, especially for Q and Cale. We could have easily played small against Wofford. I get Powell not coming off the floor because he was essentially our only chance at scoring (23 of our freaking 38 points in the second half and set up others because everyone focused on him). But I think we could have used fresh legs on D because Wofford's guards clearly were uncomfortable playing against BE caliber athletes from baseline to baseline.

Could you show the rest of us who underestimated Wofford?

Could you show the rest of us who underestimated Wofford?

Really. Check posts. Many dismissed them.

Point is they had the best shooter and more disciplined team on this night.

I don’t give them much chance against Kentucky, but I’ll be rooting for them

My silver lining from this game. When I saw Powell go down and grab his knee, I threw my remote against the wall. Not because I cared about this game per se, but because I care about the kid and saw his career earnings flash before my eyes. Thankfully he seems OK, but I always worry about that with the kids who have a chance to make some real money playing basketball.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Agreed. You need to look at the season as a whole. I said that about the Marquette and SJU games yesterday. Sure the final score shows we got our teeth kicked in, but it was closer than that and overall this season was a resounding success.

Once again, BE pride lies solely with Nova when it comes to the dance.

Yeah but Marquette went 1-7 to finish the season. At least our boys went 4-2 after a 3 game slide. They picked it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT