ADVERTISEMENT

Pirates Return Home to Face Army in Non-Conference Finale

boote.png

South Orange, N.J. – Seton Hall men's soccer returns home to wrap up non-conference play on Tuesday night against Army at 6:56 p.m.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS NIGHT
In partnership with the Office of International Programs, Seton Hall men's soccer will be hosting International Students Night on Tuesday. All international students are invited to attend the match and can sign up at the marketing table for a chance to participate in an on-field soccer skills challenge at halftime. Seton Hall will also honor the Office of International Programs pregame. In addition, there will be free soft pretzels available while supplies last.

LAST TIME OUT
Seton Hall earned its third shutout victory of the season with a 1-0 win on the road over Fairleigh Dickinson. The Pirates played a man down starting in the 48th minute after Luca Dahn (Kahl, Germany) was issued his second yellow card of the match. Quenzi Huerman (Vannes, France) scored his third goal of the season and his second in as many matches.

LINDBERG SEARCHING FOR 200
Head Coach Andreas Lindberg sits just one win away from 200 for his career. Now in his fifth season in South Orange, Lindberg has amassed a career record of 199-68-32 in 17 seasons as a head coach.

With his 200th win, Lindberg would become the third coach in Seton Hall history to surpass that milestone, joining Ed Kelly and Manfred Schellscheidt. Lindberg would also become the fifth active BIG EAST coach to hit that mark.

SCOUTING ARMY (2-2-1 THIS SEASON; 8-7-3 / 4-4-1 IN 2021)
  • Army was selected to finish sixth in the Patriot League preseason poll.
  • Enter play having won each of its last two games, both by shutout. Army has not allowed a goal in its last 203:18 of game time.
  • The Black Knights have one common opponent with the Pirates this season, as they tied Fairleigh Dickinson, 1-1, on Aug. 29.
  • Army and Seton Hall met last season in West Point, with the Pirates earning a 3-2 overtime victory. Johannes Pex (Stephansposching, Germany) scored the game-winner in overtime.
  • Army leads the all-time series 24-4-2, however the Pirates have won four of the last five meetings.
NEWS & NOTES
  • Seton Hall has won its last five matches, and 14 of its last 15, when scoring the first goal.
  • If Quenzi Huerman scores, he will become the first Pirate to score in three straight matches since CJ Tibbling, who did so during the 2020 season.
  • The Pirates' first three wins of the season have all been shutouts, the second time in three seasons that has occurred. Seton Hall has only had its first four wins of a season all be shutouts twice (2020 and 2014).
  • The win over Oregon State was the Pirates' first over a top-10 team in the United Soccer Coaches rankings since beating No. 2 Georgetown to win the BIG EAST title on Apr. 17, 2021. The win also marked the first time Seton Hall has defeated a top-10 non-conference foe since winning at No. 3 Virginia in the 2001 NCAA Tournament.
  • The Pirates conceded just one goal through its first three matches of the season, the program's best defensive start to a season since 2005.
  • Fourteen different Pirates found the back of the next last season. Of that group, nine of them return for the 2022 season.
  • This season's roster boasts 12 freshmen, the most since the 2018 team which featured the same number.
  • The Pirates also welcome in a pair of transfers: junior Quenzi Huerman (Vannes, France) from Palm Beach Atlantic, and sophomore Tyler Hutchinson (Cliffside Park, N.J.) from Clemson
WATCH
All PSN and BEDN events can be seen on FloSports, one of the leading streaming services in the world. Special Seton Hall pricing is available only through this link for fans who want to subscribe to watch Seton Hall events, home and away, as well as all other live events on the FloSports platform. Fans with a .edu school address can purchase a subscription for $6.99 per month, and all other fans can purchase a subscription for $12.50 per month. The non-Seton Hall pricing on FloSports is normally $29.99 per month.

The link to watch all Seton Hall Men's Soccer games can be found here.

NFL Power Rankings for Week 2

23 New York Giants 1-0

The Saquon Barkley Show has been renewed. A finally healthy Barkley totaled 194 yards from scrimmage with a touchdown and the game-winning two-point conversion. The Giants didn’t just snap a streak of five straight season-opening losses, they are .500 for the first time at any point in a season since the end of the 2016 after a 21-20 win over the Titans.

30 New York Jets 0-1

Dropped passes. Missed blocks. Fumbles. Blown coverages. Name a sloppy mistake and the Jets made it during a 24-9 loss to the Ravens. Joe Flacco has lost his last seven starts but will make at least two more with Zach Wilson sidelined … unless head coach Robert Saleh caves to the fans calling for third-stringer Mike White.

Candid Coaches: Should the NCAA Tournament stay as is with automatic bids

The Big Dance hasn't seen a change in more than a decade, so what's the point in tweaking a near-perfect event?​

By Matt Norlander

ncaabracket-v2-1.jpg

CBS Sports' Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander surveyed roughly 100 coaches for our annual Candid Coaches series. They polled everyone from head coaches at elite programs to assistants at small Division I schools. In exchange for complete anonymity, these coaches provided unfiltered honesty about a number of topics. This is our final week of posting the results of our summer survey on the state of college basketball.

Earlier this offseason, sources told CBS Sports that SEC commissioner Greg Sankey had been vocal in meetings with major college sports stakeholders over his willingness to consider changing the NCAA Tournament. This was confirmed in August, when Sankey went on the record (albeit with language that was equal parts understated and vague) with Sports Illustrated.

"Just take a fresh look at all of it," Sankey told SI. "As we think collectively, everyone goes to the corner and says, 'I have to hang on to what's mine.' But how do we contribute and build it better together?"

Sankey's words carry significant weight because, aside from running the almighty SEC, he is also co-chair of the Division I Transformation Committee. That commission is 21 people deep and has the ambitious duty of outlining and helping administer an overall restructuring of NCAA athletics as we know it, tectonic-like changes that are scheduled to materialize in the near future.

What the SI story did not include was Sankey referencing an inflammatory detail that sources shared with CBS Sports earlier this summer: in one meeting with high-ranking NCAA officials, Sankey postulated over the idea that the NCAA Tournament(s) in basketball deserve at least a cursory look at a format without automatic bids -- or at the very least, a marked reduction of them.

It's an idea ripe for everlasting wrath from college basketball fans. The NCAA Tournament is nearly perfect, and Sankey would become public enemy No. 1 in basketball if he led a charge to remodel one of the best sporting events in the world. But what do coaches think about the potential to reshape March Madness?

OT local baseball TV

During the last Subway series I turned on SNY and the game wasnt on, so figuring it was only on the NYY station, I watched about 6 innings of Michael Kay before I got smart enough to try Channel 11. Maybe cause I am used to them, maybe cause of my feelings for Gary C cause he is our guy, or maybe cause they are just far better, but I was shocked at how, for me at least, inferior the Kay broadcast was. Talking to an old friend the other day (I was absolutely sick as a dog the day of the IW BET finals heroics - this guy had bought me a ticket, and I said I was too sick to go, up there on my worst decisions...I was sick as hell, but I could stil walk...) he is a huge NYY fan, and agreed about Kay vs Cohen.

Do you Yankee guys agree?

Rooting for Aaron the break the record btw. And wondering what NL team breaks this Dodger's heart...my money is on Atlanta again though the Mets and St L scare me too. Even Phillie...

Gordon Named BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the Week

Gordon_G_21WS_de_2.jpg

South Orange, N.J. - Following a shutout victory at Iona on Sunday, senior Grace Gordon (Chester Springs, Pa.) has been named BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the Week. Classmate Abbie Roberts (Bedfordshire, England) was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll.

Gordon picks up her second career conference goalkeeper of the week honor after she made five stops against the Gaels. Four of her five saves came in the second half, helping securing the Pirates' third victory of the season. Gordon currently ranks 17th in the nation, and first in the BIG EAST, for save percentage (.900) and 18th nationally for goals against average (.360).

Roberts scored her second goal of the season and her career on Sunday, both of them serving as game winners. Her tally came in the 73rd minute and was one of her two shots on goal. As a defensive midfielder, she helped Seton Hall in a clean sheet effort against the Gaels.

Jon Rothstein “Never speculate on speculation”

By Zack Cziryak

The existing nucleus is perhaps the most important component for Seton Hall’s season in 2022-2023, as roster continuity is going to be the name of the game for successful college basketball programs, perhaps more than ever in this new age of player movement and earning potential. Rothstein points to the most recent tournaments as evidence, noting that 17 of 20 starters on last year’s Final Four teams and 33 out of 40 over the last two years were with their respective program the prior year.

"I've said this consistently, everybody wants to talk about should we recruit high school players? Should we recruit transfers?' ... The most important thing when the season ends in March or April is going to be re-recruiting your own players because it's proven right now that the programs that are able to keep their own rosters intact are the ones that are going to be successful,” Rothstein said.

Roster continuity is the chief reason Rothstein is projecting a successful season for the Creighton Bluejays, who bring back a core of Ryan Nembhard, Ryan Hawkins, Trey Alexander, and Arthur Kaluma while adding Baylor Scheierman, arguably the most sought after transfer out of South Dakota State.

"The door is open, in my opinion, for Creighton to have a tremendous, tremendous season and maybe even their best season ever under Greg McDermott,” notes Rothstein, who believes the Bluejays have a realistic chance to top the #3 seed in the NCAA tournament they earned when National Player of the Year Doug McDermott was donning the Blue and White.

"I just think that the entire nation is sleeping on Ryan Nembhard. I don't think people realize how good this kid was as a freshman," Rothstein said, noting that he didn’t play after a wrist injury suffered on Feb. 23.

Looking east Jay Wright’s retirement ends an era in Southeastern Pennsylvania for Villanova and the current iteration of the Big East, the stability of the assistant coaching staff to support Kyle Neptune and developments at other programs has Rothstein intrigued by the conference’s depth and competitiveness.

"I firmly believe this ... I think when you look at the Big East with Thad Matta going to Butler, with Sean Miller going to Xavier. And you look at the fact that Georgetown has improved its roster exponentially compared to last season and ... let's face it, I think you have an expectation that DePaul's going to be competitive when they play you. I think you can make the case that the Big East is in position to be as competitive one through 10, maybe one through 11, as it’s been since realignment.”

BIG EAST Unveils 2022-23 Full WBB Schedule

020_copy.jpg

The Hall will open on the road at Xavier and close at home against Villanova.​

NEW YORK - The BIG EAST Conference announced the 2022-23 women's basketball complete schedule on Monday and Seton Hall will open the 20-game conference slate at Xavier on Friday, Dec. 2 at 7:00 p.m.

Season tickets for all 14 women's basketball games at Walsh Gymnasium are only $70 and are on sale now! They can be purchased by calling the Seton Hall Ticket Office at 973-275-HALL (4255). Reminder – tickets for students are FREE!!

Seton Hall's home BIG EAST opener will be against Marquette on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 1:00 p.m.

Additionally, Seton Hall will have at least four games on national television during the 2022-23 season. Like last year, both Pirates' contests against Connecticut will be shown on SNY. Seton Hall's matchup at Creighton on Jan. 11, and its game at Marquette on Jan. 22 will be on FS1. For the eighth straight year, the BIG EAST Digital Network presented by SoFi will stream every conference game not designated for television. FloSports, the home of BEDN, will also house all school-produced games as more than 130 total women's basketball contests will stream on the platform.

For the 10th consecutive year, FS1 and FS2 will provide coverage of the BIG EAST Women's Basketball Tournament, with this season's event returning to Mohegan Sun Arena for a third consecutive year. Quarterfinal coverage on March 4 begins on FS1 at noon ET, before FS2 takes over for the 2:30 p.m., 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. tilts. FS1 picks up the remainder of the tournament, with the semifinals on March 5 slated for 3 and 5:30 p.m., and the championship game set to tip off at 7 p.m. on March 6. First Round coverage and tip times on March 3 will be announced at a later date.

Now is the time to buy season tickets as the Pirates are primed for a big season in 2022-23!! Seton Hall returns the national leader in assists, Lauren Park-Lane, as well as All-BIG EAST center Sidney Cooks. Big shot Mya Bembry is a third starter that returns in addition to three other key returnees, Kailah Harris, Victoria Keenan and Amari Wright. Seven newcomers will make their Pirate debuts, including five transfers from power conferences.

Fouratt, Pirates Open Season at Yale Invitational on Saturday

DSC_0029.JPG

NEW HAVEN, CONN. – Graduate student Sarah Fouratt (Santa Maria, Calif.) is tied for 31st overall and has paced the Seton Hall women's golf team to a 10th place standing after two rounds of the 2022 Yale Invitational.

Fouratt had two birdies and 15 pars in route to an even-par, 71, in round one. In the afternoon, one rough hole, the par-4, second hole, resulted in a 7-over-par, 78, for the round. Through two rounds, she is the Pirates' leader with a 7-over-par, 71-78-149.

As a team, The Hall shot a 15-over-par, 299, in round one, followed by a 21-over-par, 305, in round two. After 36 holes, the Pirates are in 10th place with a 36-over-par, 299-305-604. They trail Harvard, the team leaders, by 39 strokes.

Junior Ginevra Zavagli (Rome, Italy) is only one stroke behind Fouratt entering round three. She opened the day with four birdies in her first seven holes and finished with a 2-over-par, 73, in round one. In the afternoon, she shot a 6-over-par, 77. For the tournament, she is tied for 40th with an 8-over-par, 73-77-150.

Senior Ludovica Busetto (Padova, Italy) had 12 pars in round one on her way to a 6-over-par, 77. In the afternoon, she shaved a stroke off and finished with a 76. Through 36 holes, Busetto is 11-over-par with an 11-over-par, 77-76-153.

Sophomore Ana Sarrias Pro (Cadiz, Spain) is only one stroke behind Busetto. She had an uncharacteristic 9-over-par, 80, in round one, but bounced back in a big way in the afternoon with a 3-over-par, 74. Sarrias Pro had a birdie and 13 pars in round two and is 12-over-par with an 80-74-154 for the tournament.

Freshman Ashni Solanki (Melbourne, Australia), playing in her first collegiate tournament, was consistent all day on Saturday, firing a pair of 7-over-par, 78's. In round two, she started her round with nine straight pars before running into difficulty late. Solanki is 14-over-par with a 78-78-156 for the tournament.

Tournament Details:
YALE INVITATIONAL
Host:
Yale University
Course: Yale Golf Course
Course Vitals: Par-71, 5,984 yards
Dates: September 10-11, 2022

TOURNAMENT LEADER BOARDS
THE COURSE:
In 1923, a 700-acre tract of swamp and woodland was given to Yale by Mrs. Ray Tompkins in memory of her husband. Under the supervision of Charles Blair Macdonald, the renowned golf course architect, champion golfer, and co-founder of the USGA, plans were made for an 18-hole golf course. With a budget of $400,000, Macdonald, in collaboration with Seth Raynor, designed a masterpiece which opened for play in 1926.

Today, the Yale Golf Course is recognized as one of the finest examples from the Macdonald & Raynor portfolios. Large greens with deep bunkers and wide, rolling fairways are the core of Yale's strategic and penal character. The Yale Golf Course is consistently recognized as the finest collegiate course in the nation. The course has been the site of every significant state championship, two USGA Junior National events, and NCAA Regionals in 1991, 1995, 2004, 2010, 2015 and again in 2022. The course has also been the home of the Nike Connecticut Open.

The 6,766-yard, par-70 course features large and deeply bunkered greens and narrow fairways that challenge golfers at all levels of play. Two of the holes—the 432-yard par-4 fourth and the 238-yard par 3 ninth—have been ranked among the world's 100 most difficult holes.

THE FIELD:
In addition to Seton Hall and host Yale, the field includes 13 other schools: Albany, Boston College, Boston University, Georgia Southern, Hartford, Harvard, James Madison, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart, UC-Irvine and Toledo.

THE FORMAT:
Teams will play five golfers and count the four lowest scores per round. Team ties will be decided by the fifth player's total score. If there is still a tie, then daily scores of fifth player, working backwards from Round three, will be used.

THE SCHEDULE:
The teams will play 36 continuous holes on Saturday, and one final round on Sunday. Both days will begin with a shotgun start at 8:15 a.m.

THE RESULTS:
Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament via Golfstat.com. Complete results of each day's events will also be available following competition at SHUpirates.com.

Roberts, Defense Give The Hall 1-0 Win At Previously Undefeated Iona

0M7A7318.jpg

Seton Hall Logo

Seton Hall (3-2-2, 0-0-0)
Iona Logo

Iona (5-1-2, 0-0-0)

Score By Periods
Team12F
Seton Hall011
Iona000

New Rochelle, N.Y. -- A late goal by senior Abbie Roberts (Bedfordshire, England) and another stellar team defensive effort gave the Seton Hall women's soccer team its third win of the season on Sunday at the Pirates picked up a 1-0 road win at Iona.

The Pirates (3-2-2) handed the Gaels (5-1-2) their first loss of the season. The home side had the upperhand statistically as they topped The Hall in shots (14-4) and shots on goal (6-2) but the Pirates took advantage of their opportunity in the 73rd minute.

How It Happened

Seton Hall mustered only two shots in the first half and one of them came five minutes into the contest. Junior Riley Balser (Coral Springs, Fla.) took a corner kick and sent it to the far post where she found Roberts but her header attempt was saved.

Despite the lack of chances, the Seton Hall defense continued their strong run of play as the unit withstood 14 shots and kept the Gaels off the scoreboard. Senior Grace Gordon (Chester Springs, Pa.) put forth her best effort of the season as she tallied five saves.

It gave the Pirates a chance late as they were awarded a corner kick taken by sophomore Phoebe Hampson (Chesire, England). The ball was initially cleared by Iona but junior Brina Micheels (Plattsburgh, N.Y.) sent it back into the back the box before ricocheting off the cross bar. After two bounces, Roberts volleyed the ball into the back of the net, giving the Pirates a 1-0 lead.

Quick Kicks
  • Roberts' goal was her second of the season and the second of her career. Both of Roberts' goals are game-winners.
  • Roberts led Seton Hall with two shots and two shots on goal.
  • Of Gordon's five saves, four of them came in the second half.
  • Seton Hall has prevented its opponent from scoring in four of its six matches this season.
  • Gordon, sophomore Chiara Pucci (Munich, Germany), junior Alex Fuggle (London, England), sophomore Natalie Tavana (Middletown, Conn.), and sophomore Rachel Gerrie (Littleton, Colo.) played the full 90 minutes.

Up Next

Seton Hall will return home for its next three fixtures starting with Columbia at Owen T. Carroll Field on Thursday at 6 p.m.
Reactions: MBDuncan

The Hall Faces Trio at Sacred Heart Invitational This Weekend

0M7A1089_copy.jpg

SACRED HEART INVITATIONAL
FAIRFIELD, CONNECTICUT - William H. Pitt Center

SETON HALL (5-1) at SACRED HEART (2-5)
DateTimeLive VideoLive AudioLive StatsTwitter
Sat.,
Sept. 10
1:00 PMNEC
Front Row
NoneLIVE STATS@SHUVolley
SETON HALL (5-1) vs. STONY BROOK (3-2)
Sunday,
Sept. 11
11:00 AMNoneNoneLIVE STATS@SHUVolley
SETON HALL (5-1) vs. PRINCETON (2-1)
Sunday,
Sept. 11
2:00 PMNoneNoneLIVE STATS@SHUVolley

PREVIEW
The Pirates will return to the road this weekend when they play three matches at the Sacred Heart Invitational in Fairfield, Conn. The Hall will face host Sacred Heart at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. On Sunday, the Pirates will take on Stony Brook at 11:00 a.m., followed by Princeton at 2:00 p.m.

MEDIA
Seton Hall's match on Saturday against Sacred Heart will be streamed live via NEC Front Row. However, the other two matches this weekend will not have a video stream. All three matches will be available via live stats.

LAST WEEK
Seton Hall continued its impressive start to the 2022 season with three victories last weekend, claiming the title of the Seton Hall Invitational in Walsh Gym. On Friday, junior Bianca Bucciarelli (Carate Brianza, Italy) recorded a season-high 12 kills to lift the Pirates to a 3-0 (25-13, 25-23, 25-23) victory over George Mason. Bucciarelli had a match-high 12 kills, only three attack errors and an impressive .409 attack percentage. She also tallied four digs and two blocks.

Sophomore Jenna Walsh (Foothill Ranch, Calif.) matched her career-high with 16 kills, and Anna Holland (Waukesha, Wis.) had a season-high 26 digs as the Pirates outlasted Akron, 3-1 (24-26, 25-16, 25-23, 25-22), early on Saturday. Walsh was brilliant saving seven of her 16 kills for the match-clinching fourth set. Holland finished with a season-best 26 digs to go with five assists. Junior Laila Wallace (Munster, Ind.) continued to impress with extended playing time. The Radford transfer had a season-high nine kills, only one attack error, and a team-best six blocks.

In the finale, senior Reagan Hopp (Carmel, Ind.) had a season-high 11 kills and Taylor Jakubowski (Lake in the Hills, Ill.) tallied a double-double as the Pirates swept Iona to claim the Seton Hall Invitational title. Hopp narrowly missed a double-double with a match-high 11 kills to go with nine digs and a .391 attack percentage. Holland, who was named to the All-Tournament Team, also barely missed a double-double, finishing with a team-high 14 digs and nine assists. Jakubowski did record a double-double, the first of the season for any Pirate, finishing with 13 digs and 12 assists.

SCOUTING SACRED HEART
Seton Hall and Sacred heart are meeting for the sixth time in history with the Pirates having won all five prior meetings. Most recently, The Hall defeated the Pioneers in four sets during the COVID-shortened season of 2020 (played in spring of 2021) in Walsh Gym.

The Pioneers are coming off a successful 2021 season that saw a 19-10 final record and NEC Championship. Sacred heart lost only two sets in the NEC Tournament and defeated Bryant in four sets to claim the title. Their season came to an end with a three-set loss to Texas in the NCAA Tournament. Sarah Ciszek was named NEC Setter of the Year, while Olivia Fairchild and Reghan Palanchi joined her on All-NEC Teams.

This year, the Pioneers were unanimously picked to win the NEC again. They bring back the conference's best player in four-time NEC Setter of the Year Sarah Ciszek and five of its seven starters, including all-conference selections Reghan Palanchi, Dominique Felix and Emma Smallcomb.

Sacred Heart has opened the year with a 2-5 record, but hasn't yet had a home match. The Pioneers dropped two of three matches at the Carolina Classic to open the year, including a four-set setback at the University of South Carolina. Last weekend, Sacred Heart fell to Dartmouth and UC Irvine before sweeping Holy Cross on Saturday. Most recently, they fell in four sets to High Point University on Thursday.

SCOUTING STONY BROOK
Seton Hall and Stony Brook are meeting for the ninth time in history with the Pirates having won seven of the prior eight meetings. The teams haven't met, however, in eight years with their most-recent match being a three-set sweep for Seton hall at the Stony Brook Invitational on Oct. 21, 2014.

Stony Brook is coming off a 13-14 season in 2021 and a first-round loss to UMBC in the America East Tournament. The Seawolves played one BIG EAST school last year, St. John's, and fell in four sets at home.

Now in the Colonial Athletic Association, the Seawolves were picked to finish eighth in the 11-team CAA according to the preseason coaches' poll. Stony Brook's Abby Campbell was an honorable mention to the preseason All-CAA Team.

Entering this weekend's tournament, Stony Brook is 3-2. The Seawolves opened the season with a pair of victories over Quinnipiac and Fordham, but struggled at home against quality competition last weekend. Stony Brook was swept by Maryland and lost in four sets to USF. The Seawolves outlasted BIG EAST foe Georgetown in the early match on Saturday.

SCOUTING PRINCETON
This will be the 14th meeting in history between Seton Hall and Princeton with the Tigers owning an 8-5 advantage in the series. The teams haven't met since a four-set Princeton victory in Walsh Gym on Sept. 11, 2018.

The Tigers are coming off a strong 2021 season which saw them finish with a 16-6 overall record and a 10-4 mark in Ivy League play. Brown won the Ivy League title, so Princeton didn't play in the postseason, but they finished the year strong, not losing a set in the final three matches of the year.

This season, Princeton was picked to finish second in the eight-team Ivy League preseason coaches' poll. The Tigers received two first-place votes, but finished well behind the presumptive champion Brown. Princeton returns Ivy League First Team selections Avery Luoma and Elena Montgomery, as well as Second Team pick Lindsey Kelly and Honorable Mention Cameron Dames.

Princeton opened the season last week with victories in two of three matches at the Towson Tournament. The Tigers swept Morgan State and Radford, but fell to host Towson in four sets. Luoma was named Ivy League Volleyball Player of the Week on Monday after averaging a league-best 4.10 kills per et.

UP NEXT
After the Sacred Heart Invitational, the Pirates will return home to host their second tournament of the season, the Seton Hall Classic. The Hall will invite Central Connecticut State, Dartmouth and NJIT to South Orange on Sept, 16-17.
Reactions: silkcitypirate

What da ya think

Predictions

Blow out win +10 points
Win 4-10 points
Close win 1-3 points
Blow out loss +10
Loss 4-10 points
Close loss 1-3 points

Sat., Dec. 17 vs. Providence, 12:30 p.m. (FOX)
Close win

Tues., Dec. 20 at Xavier, 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
Close loss

Tues,, Dec. 27 at Marquette, 8 p.m. (FS1)
Close win

Sat., Dec. 31 vs. St. John’s, noon (FS1)
Close win

Tues., Jan. 3 at Creighton, 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
Loss

Sat., Jan. 7 vs. Butler, 8:30 (FS1)
Win

Tues., Jan. 10 at Georgetown, 8:30 (FS1)
Close win

Sat., Jan. 14 at DePaul, noon (FS1)
Close win

Wed., Jan. 18 vs. Connecticut, 6:30 p.m. (FS1)
Close loss

Sat., Jan. 21 vs. Marquette, time TBA (CBS SN)
Win

Sat., Jan. 28 at Butler, 4 p.m. (FS1)
Win

Wed., Feb. 1 at St. John’s/Carnesecca, 8:30 p.m. (CBS SN)
Close loss

Sun., Feb. 5 vs. DePaul, noon (FS1)
Win

Wed., Feb. 8 vs. Creighton, 6:30 p.m. (FS1)
Loss

Sat., Feb. 11 at Villanova/Wells Fargo, 8 p.m. (FS1)
Loss

Tues., Feb. 14 vs. Georgetown, 6 p.m. (CBS SN)
Win

Sat., Feb. 18 at Connecticut/Gampel, noon (FOX)
Close loss

Fri., Feb. 24 vs. Xavier, 7 p.m. (FS1)
Win

Tues., Feb. 28 vs. Villanova, 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
Close loss

Sat., March 4 at Providence, time TBA (network TBA)
Close loss

11 - 9
Reactions: CL82
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT