ADVERTISEMENT

10 Best SHU Players of All Time According to ChatGPT

rickj_65

Freshman
Mar 2, 2002
I just signed up for a ChatGPT account and out of curiosity I asked the following: "Can you provide the top 10 Men's Basketball Players from Seton Hall University and provide a brief blurb about each?"

Sure, here are ten of the top Men's Basketball players from Seton Hall University and a brief description of their accomplishments:
  1. Terry Dehere - Dehere is Seton Hall's all-time leading scorer with 2,494 points. He was a two-time First-Team All-Big East selection and was named Big East Player of the Year in 1993.
  2. Nick Werkman - Werkman played at Seton Hall from 1940-1943 and is considered one of the best players in school history. He led the team in scoring and rebounding in each of his three seasons and was named an All-American in 1942 and 1943.
  3. Walter Dukes - Dukes was a dominant center for Seton Hall from 1951-1954. He led the nation in rebounding in 1953 and was named an All-American in 1954.
  4. Andre Barrett - Barrett played at Seton Hall from 2000-2004 and is the school's all-time leader in assists with 751. He was a two-time All-Big East selection and was named Big East Player of the Year in 2004.
  5. Mark Bryant - Bryant played at Seton Hall from 1984-1988 and was a key part of the team that made it to the NCAA Championship game in 1989. He was named All-Big East twice and was drafted by the Portland Trail Blazers in 1988.
  6. Mark Aguirre - Aguirre played at Seton Hall from 1978-1981 and was a two-time All-American. He led the team in scoring in each of his three seasons and was named Big East Player of the Year in 1980.
  7. Dan Callandrillo - Callandrillo played at Seton Hall from 1945-1948 and was a two-time All-American. He led the team in scoring in each of his three seasons and was a key part of the team that made it to the NCAA Final Four in 1949.
  8. Jeremy Hazell - Hazell played at Seton Hall from 2007-2011 and is the school's second all-time leading scorer with 2,146 points. He was a three-time All-Big East selection and led the conference in scoring in 2009-2010.
  9. Nick Galis - Galis played at Seton Hall from 1975-1979 and was a two-time All-American. He led the team in scoring in each of his four seasons and was named ECAC Player of the Year in 1979.
  10. Bobby Wanzer - Wanzer played at Seton Hall from 1945-1948 and was a two-time All-American. He led the team in scoring in each of his three seasons and was a key part of the team that made it to the NCAA Final Four in 1949.

Reactions: Robot_Man
Who is going to be the one to make the really obvious comment?
I hope we can pick up a player in the transfer portal 1/10th as good as the player we just acquired on this list from our conference mate.

And, that's before we start listing who is missing on this list.

Who is going to be the one to make the really obvious comment?No

Who is going to be the one to make the really obvious comment?
Guess I will volunteer lloyde dobler -- Danny Callandrillo did not lead the Team in scoring for all 3 Years between 1945 and 1948 and no way should he be rated below Mark Aguirre as a SHU player :cool:

A lot of funny posts by Pirate Crew here! Thanks for the laughs. Meanwhile, the original creator of all this misinformation is truly pathetic.

Reactions: Section112
Would have been cool if Mark Aguirre played for us- hell of a player. Should rename this app Chat SHIT.

Reactions: garyshu71
In all serious, Hazell is an interesting case. Is he top 10? 2nd all time leading scorer is significant, 3 time all Big East. But played on poor teams and didn’t offer much beyond shooting. If I had to do it I’d put Delgado and Powell in front of him.

This CHAT GPT dude or dudette needs to bone up on the stats/merits of Mr Glenn Mosley.

If Mark Aguirre makes the top ten does that mean that Ray Meyer is one of the top ten Hall hoops coaches?

Reactions: Section112
Actually....this IS the reason to fear AI ! Once people start to use....and believe what garbage this spouts...we will be in real trouble!
Wikipedia is filled with many, many incorrect facts and Chat GPT uses the internet as its source of info. Wikipedia, advertising sites for companies stretching the truth to sell their products and more. I guess its no different than any news show you watch now ... lol

In all serious, Hazell is an interesting case. Is he top 10? 2nd all time leading scorer is significant, 3 time all Big East. But played on poor teams and didn’t offer much beyond shooting. If I had to do it I’d put Delgado and Powell in front of him.
In all seriousness, Hazell is the 4th all time leading scorer in the program.

Great fun and exciting player, but definitely more of a volume shooter. Sub 42% FG for his career and only shot better than 34% from 3 one year.

I would say Hazell is closer to somewhere 11-20 on an all-time Hall ranking list.

But for a player who was top 3 all time in scoring before Powell recently passed him, I think he does fall under the radar because his teams didn’t achieve post season success.

Ah our fan base big evil AI, just like the darn internet and the pretzel prices and NIL and the snow and the traffic yawn...

Since this thread, despite many inaccuracies peaked our interest, perhaps we should take it to the next level. How about our own lists, this time and make it a top 20-25 list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT