ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Never Forget Games

Not the (exact) date or the other game participants, but this info has been on The Trove for about 2 weeks. If you have the funds, you will not regret the information you get on The Trove...

Reactions: anon_4htvdezyfe7k9
Last year it was Nova vs ND and the second game was Pitt/Penn State. Heard the building was close to a sellout last year. Good portion of the building emptied out after Nova/ND though.

this is cool. I would rather have Cincy or Florida (get another shot at florida).

Both games should be good. Gotta be the biggest group in the building for this

Very nice. Florida vs Cincy should be a war. We are probably game two. Season tix holders get some priority seating I would assume but each team would get sections like ncaa tourney I would assume.

I would expect VCU to have a good crowd. Florida crowd will be lite.

1. Do we owe VCU a game?

2. Do we plan on playing in this type of event every year, since this is the 2nd one at the Rock?

If the answer to 1 is yes then this is an absolutely horrible deal by Lyons.

I think this is a Pru Center event, not an SHU run tournament, so doubt would require trip to VCU unless part of a bigger agreement.

Probably not part of our plan.

Will we have a Walsh game this year too?

This is just bad business if this is the case. Considering the very small number of season ticket holders that are left this needs to be part of the plan. I don't mind sitting in a different seat just for this doubleheader. Hall needs to really think about this.

Seton Hall fans will complain about absolutely anything.

Is Lyons also to blame for the crappy weather we've had?

I remember back at the Meadowlands, when Seton Hall played games in the Big East/ACC Challenge and Jimmy V Classic... they carried with them different seats and return games.

It cracks me up that people here expect Kentucky to play a game at Newark, while other people think Seton Hall shouldn't have to play at VCU.

Vcu is expected to be very bad and is going through a transition. If you're going to start a home & home, play a decent team.

Good news - no return game at VCU, per twitter.

Hopefully this game is part of the season ticket package.

Two good games, yeah VCU lost a lot but they have a solid foundation and culture there and I expect them to be a competitive team.

Cincy-Florida is a good basketball matchup.

I hope Hall fans come out in force to support a great cause.

Should be a fun day of hoops.

Reactions: wpc75
Vcu is expected to be very bad and is going through a transition. If you're going to start a home & home, play a decent team.

Good news - no return game at VCU, per twitter.
Striking up a series with VCU would not be a bad thing. Same with Temple. Playing both in "neutral" games near campus this year and putting something together for the future (a road game plus a true home game for SHU, something like that) would be a great improvement to our scheduling. Give me a series with those two over the excessive easy win games that we've seen in recent years.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
llyode at this point the free board is 75 percent posters bashing whatever the team does and than the other 25 percent playing defense or being rational. That's why the trove is my savior.

llyode at this point the free board is 75 percent posters bashing whatever the team does and than the other 25 percent playing defense or being rational. That's why the trove is my savior.
Yea its getting a bit extensive. Ive had a history of being a critical, but rightfully critical poster. I havent really criticized the team for some time now because i see no reason. I see results. I actually like playing VCU. Would prefer the other two teams, but in the past VCU would have been a schedule headliner.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT