ADVERTISEMENT

7 Big East Teams in Rothstein’s Top 45

call me crazy, but we’re a better team than Nova this year.

Sure Whitmore may be a stud, but I’ll take a 5th year Ndefo on that defensive matchup all day.
Quite possibly better than Villanova this year.

But why would Ndefo be covering Whitmore, Whitmore is more of a 2-guard, wing forward?

Quite possibly better than Villanova this year.

But why would Ndefo be covering Whitmore, Whitmore is more of a 2-guard, wing forward?
Whitmores listed at 6-7.

but nonetheless less a good matchup for Davis/Femi as well

call me crazy, but we’re a better team than Nova this year.

Sure Whitmore may be a stud, but I’ll take a 5th year Ndefo on that defensive matchup all day.
Dont forget Nova has 3 players returning who started in a final 4 (Daniels, Dixon and Slater). And 5 other players who have been in the program led by Longino who was starting break out before the injury. Whitmore is a lotto pick and Mark Armstrong will make an immediate impact.

The pieces are there. If Jay was still coaching, I would laugh at this post hard. But, its uo to Kyle..that is the unknown. I am optimistic though.

Dont forget Nova has 3 players returning who started in a final 4 (Daniels, Dixon and Slater). And 5 other players who have been in the program led by Longino who was starting break out before the injury. Whitmore is a lotto pick and Mark Armstrong will make an immediate impact.

The pieces are there. If Jay was still coaching, I would laugh at this post hard. But, its uo to Kyle..that is the unknown. I am optimistic though.
Agreed. Let's put Whitemore aside, even though he is a projected lottery pick right now.

One can reasonably argue that Daniels, Dixon and Slater would be the 3 best players on our team.

With Neptune, who knows.

Not sure what Moore’s status is going into early season, but Slater, Dixon, Daniels are essentially 3 starters from a Final 4 team. X factor is what do they lose with Wright no longer roaming side court.

Not sure what Moore’s status is going into early season, but Slater, Dixon, Daniels are essentially 3 starters from a Final 4 team. X factor is what do they lose with Wright no longer roaming side
Not only losing Jay but losing Gillespie who has been the starting PG for 4 years and 2-time BE POY. Armstrong is promising but he has huge shoes to fill.

Reactions: mbraue and CL82
Huge shoes. And most unsettled they’ve been at the PG slot in a while because they went from Arch to Brunson to Gillespie, who were all great college players (throw Booth in there too who could certainly play the lead guard role).

I do think the Daniels, Dixon and Slater trio is very good. Daniels can be one of the better scorers in the league. I think Dixon will be one of the better interior offensive players. And Slater one of the best all around Swiss Army knife guys. Add the talent of Whitmore on top of that plus other talented kids who didn’t emerge last year save for that young guard at the end. Neptune has a lot to work with.

Huge shoes. And most unsettled they’ve been at the PG slot in a while because they went from Arch to Brunson to Gillespie, who were all great college players (throw Booth in there too who could certainly play the lead guard role).

I do think the Daniels, Dixon and Slater trio is very good. Daniels can be one of the better scorers in the league. I think Dixon will be one of the better interior offensive players. And Slater one of the best all around Swiss Army knife guys. Add the talent of Whitmore on top of that plus other talented kids who didn’t emerge last year save for that young guard at the end. Neptune has a lot to work with.
Very good post

Will be very interesting to see what happens at nova over the next 3-5 years. Big Picture I think nova will be fine - they’ve been making final fours since the 70s. The brand is too big to fail….but I’m not confident kyle Neptune is the answer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT