ADVERTISEMENT

ADD Vance

i'll take him over kamala any day. and i just educated myself now lol.

i'll take him over kamala any day. and i just educated myself now lol.
This is a bit surprising that Trump would pick Vance. Normally someone with a big personality like Trump picks someone who is vanilla and won’t upstage him. Vance is bright and articulate and can explain the platform in a compelling way.

Vance is a great pick. Articulate and wise beyond his years. Instantly him the favorite for 2028 as well - Sorry Ron.

• Sad
Reactions: silkcitypirate
No no, many here wrong on this already, he claim to fame is writing a book and being in the peter thiel orbit. He was very critical of Trump years ago in media and social posts. He is also a carpet bagger.

I am sure the trump campaign sees this as a path to red wave the midwest

• Wow
No no, many here wrong on this already, he claim to fame is writing a book and being in the peter thiel orbit. He was very critical of Trump years ago in media and social posts. He is also a carpet bagger.

I worked with Vance’s senate campaign through my company. Had a chance to meet him on multiple occasions. He was initially critical of Trump in 2016, but he has genuinely changed his opinion.

He comes from a blue collar family, heroin addicted mother, became a marine and put himself through college and Yale law. A self made man who’s concern for his constituents is as real as it gets.

The MSM will spin the narrative that he’s a liar, Trump hater, elitist, etc, as they do to every Republican. It couldn’t be further from the truth. Don’t fall for it.

This is a bit surprising that Trump would pick Vance. Normally someone with a big personality like Trump picks someone who is vanilla and won’t upstage him. Vance is bright and articulate and can explain the platform in a compelling way.
hes a trumper now. trump loves yes men. assuming it has to do with recognition in swing states. and the fact he thinks he's winning in a landslide.

he probably picks his VP in a completley random and ridiculous way.

from what i gather he is a chameleon. left dont like him because he's a trumper now (and supported by don jr) and right hate him because he said bad things about trump.

hes just in it for himself like everyone, id rather someone with a brain

• Haha
from what i gather he is a chameleon. left dont like him because he's a trumper now (and supported by don jr) and right hate him because he said bad things about trump.

hes just in it for himself like everyone, id rather someone with a brain
Have you read his background? Would love to compare your resume and accomplishments with his. If one of you have a brain I think it’s pretty obvious which one does…lol

Have you read his background? Would love to compare your resume and accomplishments with his. If one of you have a brain I think it’s pretty obvious which one does…lol
that came out wrong. i meant personally ill take someone with a brain , meaning vance. feel like it's been a long time

What are his accomplishments?
He grew up not in a nuclear non biological family on one side, mom was an addict signed on to the Marines did his service time went to undergrad via GI bill went to yale law school, wrote a book about rural america christian upbringing and had the fortune of getting into the peter thiel circle and then has been a flip flopper the last 8 years...i guess he is an opportunist

His claim to fame isn’t just the book. He grew up without much and is from a dysfunctional family in a part of the country that has been hit harder than others and has been the subject of ongoing political dialogue for years, graduated summa cum laude from OSU in 2 years and Yale law (where he also excelled) and then had a successful career in tech and business before running for office. Oh, and he’s a marine I believe, or veteran of some branch.

I think the Thiel connection is from their time in the tech sector. If you want to hold that against him, so be it, but I suppose some people prefer advancement from banging Willie Brown.

I worked with Vance’s senate campaign through my company. Had a chance to meet him on multiple occasions. He was initially critical of Trump in 2016, but he has genuinely changed his opinion.

He comes from a blue collar family, heroin addicted mother, became a marine and put himself through college and Yale law. A self made man who’s concern for his constituents is as real as it gets.

The MSM will spin the narrative that he’s a liar, Trump hater, elitist, etc, as they do to every Republican. It couldn’t be further from the truth. Don’t fall for it.
Yes, he is very much the embodiement of achieving the American dream from what I read. And I’m sure he is a politician like all and has flip flopped on stuff, including Trump who apparently he was outspoken against in 2016 like much of the party.

Reactions: SOpirate
I think this pick is a mistake. Burgum, Youngkin, or Haley would have been better picks.

Reactions: SPK145
I'm a fan of Youngkin from afar and what I've read. But honestly I don't think the VP matters at all. I read some article today about how inconsequential the pick tends to be as regards any real impact on the election results. For the D's obviously the VP candidate is significant because of what's going on with Biden's health, but while Trump is no doubt up-in-age you don't have that same apparent concern.

I think this pick is a mistake. Burgum, Youngkin, or Haley would have been better picks.
Any of those you mentioned would’ve been “safer” picks to win this election. This signals to me that Trump is confident he will win and is now thinking about his legacy.

Vance is a true believer who will be advancing the Trump agenda long after Trump is gone. Just wait until the VP debate to see how he runs circles around Harris. He’s one of the most talented politicians I’ve seen.

Reactions: SHallguy2
Any of those you mentioned would’ve been “safer” picks to win this election. This signals to me that Trump is confident he will win and is now thinking about his legacy.

Vance is a true believer who will be advancing the Trump agenda long after Trump is gone. Just wait until the VP debate to see how he runs circles around Harris. He’s one of the most talented politicians I’ve seen.
The guy is a first-term senator with no previous experience in elected office. What is your bar? More what has he done in the senate that impresses you? What bills has he authored or co sponsored? He is nothing more than a populist rip off artist that the sheep on the right get enamored with.

The guy is a first-term senator with no previous experience in elected office. What is your bar? More what has he done in the senate that impresses you? What bills has he authored or co sponsored? He is nothing more than a populist rip off artist that the sheep on the right get enamored with.
I’m sure you asked the same questions of first term Senator Obama in 2008 since one could clearly never confuse you for a sheep, shore guy.

My bar for leadership? Vance was the first elected official on the ground after the train derailment in East Palestine after the toxic train derailment, just weeks into his tenure.

What bills has he passed? Here is bipartisan legislation he signed with Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse - going after tax-free mergers and taxpayer subsidies for acquisitions that consolidate corporate power. https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov/n...inate-tax-breaks-for-corporate-consolidation/

Here is another bipartisan bill he introduced with fellow Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown to bring much needed improvement to our national infrastructure following the East Palestine train derailment

There are plenty more examples. I’m sure you will have some tongue in cheek comment to discredit these though, without any actual substance, as is your usual MO.

I’m sure you asked the same questions of first term Senator Obama in 2008 since one could clearly never confuse you for a sheep, shore guy.

My bar for leadership? Vance was the first elected official on the ground after the train derailment in East Palestine after the toxic train derailment, just weeks into his tenure.

What bills has he passed? Here is bipartisan legislation he signed with Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse - going after tax-free mergers and taxpayer subsidies for acquisitions that consolidate corporate power. https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov/n...inate-tax-breaks-for-corporate-consolidation/

Here is another bipartisan bill he introduced with fellow Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown to bring much needed improvement to our national infrastructure following the East Palestine train derailment

There are plenty more examples. I’m sure you will have some tongue in cheek comment to discredit these though, without any actual substance, as is your usual MO.
One, I did not vote for Obama in 2008.
Two, Obama was in state office as a state senator for 7 years prior to his time in the us senate.

Vance went to a crisis in his home state. Vance likes TV time more than senate floor time. Again to me this is RNC coalition with trump campaign to put up red wall in the midwest. A very top trump person is the daughter of pat sumerall. Vance kissed the ring.

More he is on the senate transportation committee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobbie Solo
One, I did not vote for Obama in 2008.
Two, Obama was in state office as a state senator for 7 years prior to his time in the us senate.

Vance went to a crisis in his home state. Vance likes TV time more than senate floor time. Again to me this is RNC coalition with trump campaign to put up red wall in the midwest. A very top trump person is the daughter of pat sumerall. Vance kissed the ring.
You claim Vance is a “populist rip-off artist” yet there is a litany of Bi-partisan legislation he’s worked on that benefit the interests of working class Americans. This shows that:

1.) He is a true populist
2.) As VP he will be willing and effective in working across the aisle. Something our current VP has failed to do.

As for your claim that he’s only interested in TV time, that’s simply your opinion and not based in any fact. Your entire view of Vance is just an amalgamation of MSNBC talking points and random tweets from Left wing accounts. I don’t often sing praises for politicians, but Vance is the real deal.

You claim Vance is a “populist rip-off artist” yet there is a litany of Bi-partisan legislation he’s worked on that benefit the interests of working class Americans. This shows that:

1.) He is a true populist
2.) As VP he will be willing and effective in working across the aisle. Something our current VP has failed to do.

As for your claim that he’s only interested in TV time, that’s simply your opinion and not based in any fact. Your entire view of Vance is just an amalgamation of MSNBC talking points and random tweets from Left wing accounts. I don’t often sing praises for politicians, but Vance is the real deal.

He is the Nancy Mace of the GOP senate, there is not an interview he won't do across legacy/mainstream media.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo

He is the Nancy Mace of the GOP senate, there is not an interview he won't do across legacy/mainstream media.
Let me get this straight… appearing in front of as many voters as possible and skillfully articulating his view for America makes him a bad politician?

Come on man. Maybe you don’t like his policy, but calling him a fraud because that’s what you saw on twitter is completely wrong. Again, I have followed his career from when he was left for dead in his Senate primary. He’s never wavered on his policy. Ever.

Reactions: SHallguy2
Let me get this straight… appearing in front of as many voters as possible and skillfully articulating his view for America makes him a bad politician?

Come on man. Maybe you don’t like his policy, but calling him a fraud because that’s what you saw on twitter is completely wrong. Again, I have followed his career from when he was left for dead in his Senate primary. He’s never wavered on his policy. Ever.
There is no point. If he was a Democrat he would like him. This is what the “my team” stuff does.

GOP primary 2022 was most expensive in state history 3 candidates spent 66mil...Vance had lowest percentage for the Ohio class 3 senate seat since 1968 and Tim Ryan won 4 counties that Portman carried 6 years earlier.

Trump endorsed JD April 15 I believe.
Trump also endorsed DeSantis is a gubenatorial race.

“This pick is about one thing and one thing only: Solidifying Trump’s political legacy,” a source close to the RNC said. “This is a passing of the torch. JD Vance has become the heir apparent to succeed Trump as leader of the populist, national-conservatism movement that has dominated the Republican Party for the last nine years.”

• Sad
There is no point. If he was a Democrat he would like him. This is what the “my team” stuff does.
You’re right. It’s still mind boggling how otherwise rational people lose their critical thinking skills when it comes to this stuff.

Ryan leads the way Vance is awful and to think in his first run for political office he kicked my ass.Timmy the classic sore loser using his crying towel.It will be ok Tim that he ended your political career since you are better suited to do something else.

Reactions: SOpirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT