ADVERTISEMENT

ADD Vance

You claim Vance is a “populist rip-off artist” yet there is a litany of Bi-partisan legislation he’s worked on that benefit the interests of working class Americans. This shows that:

1.) He is a true populist
2.) As VP he will be willing and effective in working across the aisle. Something our current VP has failed to do.

As for your claim that he’s only interested in TV time, that’s simply your opinion and not based in any fact. Your entire view of Vance is just an amalgamation of MSNBC talking points and random tweets from Left wing accounts. I don’t often sing praises for politicians, but Vance is the real deal.
"True populist."

This is a left wing outlet. Their very first tweet references project 2025 and their pinned tweet talks about defeating Trump. Again, why do you people take whatever you see on twitter at face value? At least find one from a non partisan source.

Actually take a thorough look at Vance’s legislative history instead of lazily sharing a tweet. Then come back to me.

Ryan leads the way Vance is awful and to think in his first run for political office he kicked my ass.Timmy the classic sore loser using his crying towel.It will be ok Tim that he ended your political career since you are better suited to do something else.
Never won’t be funny that temper tantrum Timmy gave up his house seat for a race a had zero chance of winning

The guy is a first-term senator with no previous experience in elected office. What is your bar? More what has he done in the senate that impresses you? What bills has he authored or co sponsored? He is nothing more than a populist rip off artist that the sheep on the right get enamored with.
Would you vote for Michelle Obama if she ran against Trump?

The guy is a first-term senator with no previous experience in elected office. What is your bar? More what has he done in the senate that impresses you? What bills has he authored or co sponsored? He is nothing more than a populist rip off artist that the sheep on the right get enamored with.
We are better off with people who haven’t been around long enough to be corrupted, although give him enough time and he will probably join the club. The bar has been set so low by Kamala Harris that any of Trumps possible choices would be 100% better. I’ve seen Vance in interviews and he handles himself very well. Think about it for a minute you went the experience route with Joe Biden and where did that get you. Sure the Dems are more diverse but the talent level is depleted. You have a bunch of super experienced old men and women ruining the party and a genuine lack of new talented politicians. Young smart talent will be the key in the years ahead. The squad doesn’t cut it.

VP choices typically don’t matter or move the needle. The only reason it’s an issue this election cycle is because of the age of the presidential candidates with Biden being by far the biggest concern. It’s amazing, that Given the decline in Biden, many in the party still don’t want her as the candidate.

We need the next generation of politicians that can hopefully focus more on what’s important and getting things done. Vance has a good story and is articulate, but at this point, it’s all about messaging for Trump in the rustbelt states. The best presidential candidates were ex-governors. A senator with very little experience is very risky. All hat no cattle.

We are better off with people who haven’t been around long enough to be corrupted, although give him enough time and he will probably join the club. The bar has been set so low by Kamala Harris that any of Trumps possible choices would be 100% better. I’ve seen Vance in interviews and he handles himself very well. Think about it for a minute you went the experience route with Joe Biden and where did that get you. Sure the Dems are more diverse but the talent level is depleted. You have a bunch of super experienced old men and women ruining the party and a genuine lack of new talented politicians. Young smart talent will be the key in the years ahead. The squad doesn’t cut it.
I would say that Shapiro Breshear are talented young leaders in state government.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
Here's who I see as viable candidates for president in 2028:

Republicans
Glenn Youngkin
Chris Sununu
Ron DeSantis
Nikki Haley
Brian Kemp
Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Democrats
Josh Shapiro
Andy Beshear
Gretchen Whitmer
Jared Polis
Roy Cooper
Wes Moore
Gavin Newsom

Who did I forget? (No, not JD Vance.)

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Republicans
Glenn Youngkin
Chris Sununu
Ron DeSantis
Nikki Haley
Brian Kemp
Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Democrats
Josh Shapiro
Andy Beshear
Gretchen Whitmer
Jared Polis
Roy Cooper
Wes Moore
Gavin Newsom

I expect Sarah Huckabee Sanders to go against Newsom in 2028. I expect Sarah to go up the ranks fast and Newsom just isn’t going away.

I know Nikki Haley is the darling of Piratecrew but she has zero chance unless Trump dies before 2028. Desantis has kissed the ring enough that he might be able to get an endorsement, which is what it will come down to. Which is also why like it or not, Vance will be the favorite. Trump’s endorsement is the only thing that matters in a Republican primary. (See Herschel walker, Dr Oz, Blake Masters)

On the Dem side Mayor Pete will likely run again.

do any moderates like newsome? would think a lot of swing states wouldn't like him

Republicans
Glenn Youngkin
Chris Sununu
Ron DeSantis
Nikki Haley
Brian Kemp
Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Democrats
Josh Shapiro
Andy Beshear
Gretchen Whitmer
Jared Polis
Roy Cooper
Wes Moore
Gavin Newsom

I'm with you with Youngkin ,Sununu and Kemp on the D side all of them except Newsom. I'm a big fan of Roy Cooper. The problem with them unfortunately is that they lack charisma for some shallow thinking voters . All are very sensible politicians that win a cross section of voters . They all do not fit the mold of the radical left or right but both sides will find something wrong with them .

Reactions: SPK145
I'm with you with Youngkin ,Sununu and Kemp on the D side all of them except Newsom. I'm a big fan of Roy Cooper. The problem with them unfortunately is that they lack charisma for some shallow thinking voters . All are very sensible politicians that win a cross section of voters . They all do not fit the mold of the radical left or right but both sides will find something wrong with them .
Largely agree with you, although jury still out on Whitmer for me to a degree. Open minded though. Just no, no, no, no, no Newsome. I will vote for anyone over Newsome.

On the R’s you list, I think DeSantis has been fear-mongered and unfairly portrayed by the national media, creating a perception that he is some mini-Trump. They thought he was going to be the main completion for this cycle and so the attacks started early and often. He isn’t Trump or anything close. I am a big fan based on what he’s done in Florida and especially what he did during COVID. He is more popular with independents and even Democrats in Florida than the national media lets on. Which is partly why he won by such a huge number last selection and won counties in Democratic strongholds that R’s have won or been really competitive in for years. My business is based in Florida and a large employer in the state, and I can’t tell you how many colleagues of mine who have never voted for a Republican that voted for him last time based on what he did during his first term and how he handled the COVID response compared to the rest of the country, including the Trump administration BTW.

Largely agree with you, although jury still out on Whitmer for me to a degree. Open minded though. Just no, no, no, no, no Newsome. I will vote for anyone over Newsome.

On the R’s you list, I think DeSantis has been fear-mongered and unfairly portrayed by the national media, creating a perception that he is some mini-Trump. They thought he was going to be the main completion for this cycle and so the attacks started early and often. He isn’t Trump or anything close. I am a big fan based on what he’s done in Florida and especially what he did during COVID. He is more popular with independents and even Democrats in Florida than the national media lets on. Which is partly why he won by such a huge number last selection and won counties in Democratic strongholds that R’s have won or been really competitive in for years. My business is based in Florida and a large employer in the state, and I can’t tell you how many colleagues of mine who have never voted for a Republican that voted for him last time based on what he did during his first term and how he handled the COVID response compared to the rest of the country, including the Trump administration BTW.
Not a fan of DeSantis I only vacation in Florida (Delray beach). Florida is a unique state with a lot of transplants. At least we can agree to disagree in a civil manner . I will stick to the list I posted .

Always default to a Governor as a President as they have to manage an organization and budget. Senators make terrible Presidents.

My short list in no particular order:
- Haley
- Shapiro
- Youngkin

The rest I need to learn more or just not a fan (ie Newsom terrible record, DeSantis not reading the room - ran a bad Presidential campaign). Desantis has been a great governor but that may be his ceiling.

I have had the opportunity to meet Shapiro on a few occasions and he has innate leadership skills, a track record in public service and people in both parties will say that in public or private. Is America ready for a Jewish President? I would have said yes, but seeing the anti-Semitic behavior makes me pause a bit.

Always default to a Governor as a President as they have to manage an organization and budget. Senators make terrible Presidents.

My short list in no particular order:
- Haley
- Shapiro
- Youngkin

The rest I need to learn more or just not a fan (ie Newsom terrible record, DeSantis not reading the room - ran a bad Presidential campaign). Desantis has been a great governor but that may be his ceiling.

I have had the opportunity to meet Shapiro on a few occasions and he has innate leadership skills, a track record in public service and people in both parties will say that in public or private. Is America ready for a Jewish President? I would have said yes, but seeing the anti-Semitic behavior makes me pause a bit.

Wow I don’t see Harris on any of our Dems posters list are they racist or are only Republicans capable of being racists LOL

Wow I don’t see Harris on any of our Dems posters list are they racist or are only Republicans capable of being racists LOL
well i think it depends the reasons why they don't like harris.

but im not sure anyone on this board has been called a racist as it relates to kamala harris.

you just made that all up.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
Harris was the epitome of what’s wrong with DEI. Democrats won’t and can’t publicly say that but it’s true.

Reactions: shu09
Unfortunately for Youngkin and Virginians the state constitution doesn’t allow him to run for back to back terms. Maybe that will allow him more time to plan a presidential campaign though.

Unfortunately for Youngkin and Virginians the state constitution doesn’t allow him to run for back to back terms. Maybe that will allow him more time to plan a presidential campaign though.
However for here isn't that precedent valued on this board with the posters we have. Do your 4 years and get out. Now remember he had a very successful gubernatorial campaign. However could not keep state legislative branches red.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT