ADVERTISEMENT

Al-Amir Dawes

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
We all know Dawes had tough start to the season in the non-conference and heard about it on this site, but he rebounded to have a really good year and deserves some props for that.

Plus you can see why Holloway values his work ethic and toughness in setting an example for the program culture. And he played really well for us in big spots this year.

He’s gone out on a high note with the NIT run at Walsh, hope he can add the tournament championship to that!

👏

Two things that have impressed me immensely. His defensive intensity and ability to let the offense come to him. He had a stretch of games where we won and he was in single digits. Last year and early this year he pushed. He really matured through the year.

seems like a 180 in NIT play. idk if it's he likes shooting in walsh better, the level of competition in the NIT, etc. his defensive intensity has increased and his mind bending turnovers have stopped (for the most part)

its like i'm watching a different player, just don't know why we didn't see this throughout the season. the low IQ play from the team is what gave us our losses.

Last year and for early parts of this year, he played too fast (see Depaul in BET last year). He has been so much more in control since mid December, and has had a really good season. And as we have stated here, the guy has a motor that doesn't stop. I mean that guy plays just about every minute of every game, and barely seems winded. He plays hard, never complains, great FT shooter and 3 point shooter. We are really going to miss him.

Last year and for early parts of this year, he played too fast (see Depaul in BET last year). He has been so much more in control since mid December, and has had a really good season. And as we have stated here, the guy has a motor that doesn't stop. I mean that guy plays just about every minute of every game, and barely seems winded. He plays hard, never complains, great FT shooter and 3 point shooter. We are really going to miss him.
Not easy to make any type of shots when you're tired but he never seems to be tired.

Reactions: Turiddu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT