ADVERTISEMENT

All or nothing

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
This is going to be met with skepticism and I understand. But here you go.

As expected away from the rigors of a very bad season our coach is now feeling invigorated and is pledging all his energies into having a great season in 2015/16.

I think we have the horses if Gibbs comes back. The question being does he?

Gibbs is still telling everyone at the Hall all the right things. But clearly there are whispers that once school is out he packs up and leaves for the AAC (not ACC) or Big Ten.

Without Gibbs we need a big time guard replacement and the odds of that happening are slim.

With Gibbs the Hall has the talent to move up in the league standings.

Next year scrap the three guard offense we saw ad nuseum all season. Even if Gibbs returns. The team will play big with Desi and Singh manning the 3 and the two power positions being filled with power players.

The Hall is still looking for one more big and if Gibbs leaves obviously another guard.

Carter is going to get a chance to jump ahead of Anthony and Ajou. One of those three players, or maybe someone not on the roster yet must give Delgado some help.

My gut is that Willard knows this is it for him and he does one of two things.

1. Busts his ass coaching and makes a concerted effort to communicate better in all facets of his job.

In short the question is can a tiger change his stripes? In most cases no. In our case we have to hope yes.

Early on Willard will do what he has to do to give us every chance to succeed. The real test will come when adversity ultimately rears it's ugly head. Or to use his words we get punched in the mouth.

2. When that happens does Willard and the team fold like our program has in the past? Winning is great but losing and battling back shows character. Something that has been missing in the Willard era.

In conclusion I see two possible outcomes (with Gibbs). Year six is finally a breakthrough year for Willard and he stays on and finishes his contract. OR Year 6 is no different than the previous 5 years and the Hall wilts down the stretch meaning this time next season we are in the market for a new leader of our BB program and KW will get a hefty amount of money to go elsewhere.

This post was edited on 3/31 9:08 AM by Halldan1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News