ADVERTISEMENT

All That Jazz!

SHU_Pirate1

All American
Mar 18, 2016
.240 hitter with a strike out % of 25%. Hopefully Cashman is still working the phones.

Reactions: Piratz
.240 hitter with a strike out % of 25%. Hopefully Cashman is still working the phones.
Do you think that's it? Not saying this is the next Ricky Henderson or Micky Rivers but an All Star player with nice upside. Huge endorsements from Derek Jeter who's very close to him. Got a real kick out of what CC Sabathia said when asked about him.

Yankees should definitely make some additional moves...hopefully without giving up the Martian or Spencer Jones. 🤞

Reactions: PiratePride
Do you think that's it? Not saying this is the next Ricky Henderson or Micky Rivers but an All Star player with nice upside. Huge endorsements from Derek Jeter who's very close to him. Got a real kick out of what CC Sabathia said when asked about him.

Yankees should definitely make some additional moves...hopefully without giving up the Martian or Spencer Jones. 🤞

Definitely an upgrade from JD Davis that's for sure but I'm not sure where he'll play with Stanton/Martian due back soon & Verdugo seemingly starting to snap out of his massive slump. Possibly 3B? IMO they need a cleanup type hitter to plug in when Stanton gets hurt again. Also need a SP & closer.

Stanton, whew. He’s not quite Pavano/Ellsbury level of insanity, but man this guy is so fragile it’s hard to believe.

Just got back from Citizens Bank…started out with a playoff atmosphere and the Judge started the barrage. A lot of pinstripes and loud “Let’s Go Yankee” chants in Philly tonight. Jazz might be what they needed.

not sure yankees need more home runs. jazz picked off at first which was actually funny. thats how he is.

Reactions: Piratz
Jazz is an upgrade to a struggling lineup. Although a great athlete, he's not a good Outfielder so I question where he fits. He's a good Second Baseman so will get some time there and despite never playing the position, he looked good at 3B last night. He definitely brings energy and confidence to a team that has lacked both lately.

But what impressed me the most so far has been his attitude. He has a reputation as a loose cannon and underperformer but I love that he's willing to play 3B and is genuinely excited about playing for the Yankees in meaningful games. He may be a player who raises his game playing under the spotlight in NY where so many have struggled.

He had his best season working with current Yankee hitting coach James Rowson and Jeter and C.C. both endorsed him. All positive signs. Will it be enough for a team with a lot of holes, probably not.

Reactions: The Crows Nest
not sure yankees need more home runs. jazz picked off at first which was actually funny. thats how he is.
Surprised with all the apathy and even negativity on this move. 🤔Puzzling. Putting it in context the guy had 13 homers and 50 rbis on an awful team in a pitchers ball park.

This was a great move by the Bombers, not giving up a ton and getting an All Star player at 26 coming into the prime of his career.

How do you like him now? 4 HRs in 3 games, first time in the history of Yankees. For a thin guy he's got some thunder in his bat.💪

Brings much needed energy, juice and excitement to this team at just the right time. Great attitude and didn't blink an eye about slotting in at 3rd base. By the way he made 4 excellent plays at the hot corner Monday and another great play yesterday. Can't say the same about Gleyber (Mr. I'm a secondbaseman, I'm not moving) who blew a potential double play Monday and later added to his MLB leading error total. Disliking that guy more by the minute.

Jazz could be the straw that helps stir the Yanks drink this year giving a much needed adrenaline shot to a team that looked dead in the water.

PS- as hoops fans gotta like the "Eurostep" move he does when he hit's a homer.

Last edited:
Reactions: HALL85 and Halldan1
Looks like Gerrit Cole has a new nickname. General Body Fatigue.
Lolzzz 😂 you beat me to the punch on that one! General Fatigue, you were "on point" there. Was thinking the same thing.

Seriously though with all the great turn of events the last few days that's a little troubling. If the Yanks didn't pull one out of the fire last night there'd be lot's of talk about Cole...and of course that Clay Holmes blew another save.

Last edited:
Lolzzz 😂 you beat me to the punch on that one! General Fatigue, you were "on point" there. Was thinking the same thing.

Seriously though with all the great turn of events the last few days that's a little troubling. If the Yanks didn't pull one out of the fire last night there'd be lot's of talk about Cole...and of course that Clay Holmes blew another save.
I know Holmes blew the save with the wild pitch, but two of the hits the batters barely got a bat on the ball with dribblers.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT