ADVERTISEMENT

Any old school pro wrestling folks on here?

Don't forget Skull Murphy.

5787981743_62bd1cbf0c_b.jpg

Saw him when I was a little kid at a celebrity softball game. I was about 5 and probably better than him even then. Softball most definitely wasn't his game. :D

With his fake brother Eddie

graham-eddie-and-jerry02.jpg

And fake distant relative Superstar Billy

hqdefault.jpg

I always rooted for the underdog… Joe Turco, The Black Demon....

One Saturday night when I was around 15 a big Limo pulled up near the basketball courts nearby Higgins Funeral Home. The driver rolled down his window and asked for directions to the Elizabeth Armory. My friends and I ran over to the car and explained to the driver that it was right up the street. As we were looking into the car, We saw this HUGE man taking up most of the back seat. It was Haystack Calhoun. It was very Cool.

Ivan Putski, Ernie “the big cat” Ladd. And of course André the giant. My personal favorite was Mike Panusis though.(joking)

Reactions: batts
One Saturday night when I was around 15 a big Limo pulled up near the basketball courts nearby Higgins Funeral Home. The driver rolled down his window and asked for directions to the Elizabeth Armory. My friends and I ran over to the car and explained to the driver that it was right up the street. As we were looking into the car, We saw this HUGE man taking up most of the back seat. It was Haystack Calhoun. It was very Cool.
Great story!...I was sitting in Syracuse airport back in the early 90’s waiting for my flight and the WWF crew was deplaning at our gate...George “ The Animal” Steele walks off the plane in a three-piece suit and expensive brief case.

Reactions: Halldan1
also called the "flying karate thumb thrust" Arnie Skaaland, the Golden Boy, always got his a## kicked but he went on the be Bob Backlund's mgr.

Verne Gagne and Nino Argentina Rocca
From the 50’s. Watched these guys with Mother Seton .

Great story!...I was sitting in Syracuse airport back in the early 90’s waiting for my flight and the WWF crew was deplaning at our gate...George “ The Animal” Steele walks off the plane in a three-piece suit and expensive brief case.
Did he look hungry? If so did you take him to the ring and feed him a turnbuckle?

george-the-animal-steele.jpg

Used to watch on channel 47 in Spanish. Only Spanish I knew was lucha libre. I remember Antonio Rocca & his cauliflower ear. Every wrestler he faced would go after it.

s-l300.jpg

How about using a UHF antenna to watch on Ch 47? Plus they had Lucha Libre the Spanish version on Ch 41. The clothes hangers worked well as an antenna.

Reactions: HALL85
Used to watch on channel 47 in Spanish. Only Spanish I knew was lucha libre. I remember Antonio Rocca & his cauliflower ear. Every wrestler he faced would go after it.
Bill Cardille was the announcer

Last edited:
Weds., April 10 - The Match Made in Heaven (Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth)
Wednesday, April 17 - The Montreal Screwjob
Weds., April 24 - The Killing of Bruiser Brody
Weds., May 1 - The Last of the Von Erichs
Weds., May 8 - The Mysterious Death of Gorgeous Gino (Hernandez)
Weds., May 15 - The Fabulous Moolah

Here's the schedule, FYI

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2019/...zabeth-montreal-screwjob-bruiser-brody-murder

Weds., April 10 - The Match Made in Heaven (Randy Savage and Elizabeth)
Wednesday, April 17 - The Montreal Screwjob
Weds., April 24 - The Killing of Bruiser Brody
Weds., May 1 - The Last of the Von Erichs
Weds., May 8 - The Mysterious Death of Gorgeous Gino (Hernandez)
Weds., May 15 - The Fabulous Moolah

Here's the schedule, FYI

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2019/...zabeth-montreal-screwjob-bruiser-brody-murder
It was to be 10 episodes for the run and it was reduced to 6

Killer Kowalski. Soft-spoken and polite in interviews, but an absolute crazy evil man in the ring.

image4403812x.jpg

Reactions: batts
Pedro Morales, and the great match vs Bruno at Shea Stadium after they were set against each other in a tag team match by Mr Fuji and Prof. Toru Tanaka.

01_001Samartino_Morales1.jpg

Nothing better than the Vince McMahon interviews pumping up the monthly headliner at MSG.

How about the X put across the screen when someone was ensnared in the iron claw by Black Jack Lanza to spare you from the violence? Saw live at MSG, JC armory and Asbury Convention Hall. We talked wrestling as much as we talked about all the other "sports" as kids.

0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT