ADVERTISEMENT

Any old school pro wrestling folks on here?

All time midget wrestlers Fuzzy Cupid & Sky Low Low--- can you imagine if they even tried this today !!! Whoa, did I say midget, I meant little people, or vertically challenged or --just forget it, the P.C. police are at my front door

I was at a bar having a few too many one day in my youth. A guy comes in and a pal of mine knows him, so he sits with us. He wasn't a big guy, but he was muscular, and had a goatee died red, white and blue, like an old wrestler, Superstar Billy Graham? It took me a few double takes to realize I was actually seeing what I thought I was seeing. Turned out that wrestler was this guy's hero, and he copied his look. Takes all kinds in this world...

All this talk of rasslers, and no one mentions The Barnyard Dog....Bobo Brazil...funny stuff. The WWE used to have an office on 49th and 3rd, cattycorner to my office. Saw Vince on the street once or twice.

Reactions: HALL85
Old school?

Old school is Smasher Sloan, Haystacks Calhoun, and Bruno S...lol
Don't forget Bearcat Wright (SP), Happy Humpfrey, Killer Kilwaski (SP), Bull Ramos, Professor Tanaka & Titsu Arakawa, Golden Boy Arnold Skolman (SP). I saw Professor Tanaka & Titsu Arakawa eating pizzas at Freddies Pizzeria in Asbury Park, and it was a lot of Pizza. I was scared to ask for autographs.

Pedro Morales, and the great match vs Bruno at Shea Stadium after they were set against each other in a tag team match by Mr Fuji and Prof. Toru Tanaka.

01_001Samartino_Morales1.jpg

Nothing better than the Vince McMahon interviews pumping up the monthly headliner at MSG.

How about the X put across the screen when someone was ensnared in the iron claw by Black Jack Lanza to spare you from the violence? Saw live at MSG, JC armory and Asbury Convention Hall. We talked wrestling as much as we talked about all the other "sports" as kids.

0.jpg
lol...I was at Shea for that match/card. The Bruno/Pedro match went on forever, but it was a wild night. Went to many a MSG match in the 70’s and several at a high school in Morris County.

Had a bunch of autographed programs with Lou Albany, Pedro, Gorilla Monsoon That my mother tossed out when my parents moved out of the house we grew up in.

One of my favorite finishing moves was the “heart punch” by Stan “the man” Staziak!

All time midget wrestlers Fuzzy Cupid & Sky Low Low--- can you imagine if they even tried this today !!! Whoa, did I say midget, I meant little people, or vertically challenged or --just forget it, the P.C. police are at my front door
Or you could have deleted it when you knew it was shitty...

Glad you checked into all of our posters to ensure they’re all average height.

Blackjack Mulligan - Bob Windham - is the father of former World Champion Barry Windham and the grandfather of current WWE wrestlers Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt. The latter two are also the sons of Barry Windham's one time tag team partner Mike Rotunda (aka IRS).

My son was in a band in hs, Crippler Crossface. I dont know who, but that was someone's finishing move.

My son was in a band in hs, Crippler Crossface. I dont know who, but that was someone's finishing move.

Dan posted the clip but that is He who shall go unnamed when the history of WWE is written.

Chris was a terrific wrestler who came to a tragic end.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT