ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone hear anything about this

That would be a real bummer but I suspect the school had to give Uconn some tixs per league rules?

From what I’ve seen shu did not make tickets available for UConn players family..... and I don’t know if this is true at all, just was curious if anyone heard anything. I haven’t seen or heard anything other than this tweet and another one

There was this tweet by a UConn fan asking about tickets but giving a completely different name

feel like students > season ticket holders > alumni should all be no problem to verify. tickets should end there

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09
I received tickets and they cannot be resold and you must bring your cell phone to the game to verify your tickets. I would assume that students (all of whom received free tickets) will be transported to the game by the school. I doubt that UConn fans have obtained many tickets.

We’re talking about a ticket office that opened up the upper tier of the rock one year solely to accommodate the demand from cuse fans. Nothing would surprise me.

There's a big difference between using another school's fans for a money grab and screwing your own fans out of any portion of a very limited number of seats.

All I know is that when I went in to order a ticket late Thursday before the deadline to do so, I received a message saying the game was sold out.

I'm not particularly upset that I couldn't get a ticket but I'd be more so if more than a handful of tickets found their way to Storrs.

Yup. Lots of people on the Huskies forum got tickets. Seems like they just put in requests and the school assigned them randomly.

• Angry
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Yup. Lots of people on the Huskies forum got tickets. Seems like they just put in requests and the school assigned them randomly.
I believe everything I read on these forums. LOL!!! Assuming these jokers are being truthful, all of maybe 5 posters got tickets.

I believe everything I read on these forums. LOL!!! Assuming these jokers are being truthful, all of maybe 5 posters got tickets.

Even if it's five, that's a bad job by us. If we're obligated to give UConn some tickets, I'm fine with that. Not ensuring that all available tickets in the lottery go to students, season ticket holders and Pirate Blue donors is unacceptable.

I'm a 30-plus year season ticket holder and PB donor with season ticket money already banked for next year and I couldn't even apply for a ticket.

Correct. even if the ticket office turned down one seton hall season ticket holder to give to a uconn fan that is entirely unacceptable. There is one game this year. 1,800 tix available. It’s senior night. There are no excuses.

If there wasn’t enough demand amongst seton hall fans then there’s nothing they could do, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Several people here didn’t get tickets. Like I said above - I’m not surprised.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Correct. even if the ticket office turned down one seton hall season ticket holder to give to a uconn fan that is entirely unacceptable. There is one game this year. 1,800 tix available. It’s senior night. There are no excuses.

If there wasn’t enough demand amongst seton hall fans then there’s nothing they could do, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Several people here didn’t get tickets. Like I said above - I’m not surprised.
Uconn coaches and players families should be accommodated, that is it

you have a dress code in a private school, why cant a private facility mandate a dress code? royal blue only!

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I agree it's disappointing to see that UConn fans got tickets, but the part I don't understand is money from unselected applications being refunded - why not put it into account credit? Hopefully they are and that was just an unspecified "form of refund" or something like that. If you're going to offer "general public" applications at least use it as a cash grab. Keep the $40/seat as account credit to use for next year. It shouldn't be much of a problem for SHU fans - apply them to your season tickets if you have them otherwise there's a nice selection of games to go to.

Then for next year's UConn game of course - presale first to limit public availibility then jack up the prices for if/when it does go publicily available. All the UConn fans that applied for this game are already in the hole $40/seat so they can either eat the cost, pay inflated prices to come to the game they want to see, or come watch us play someone else.

And regarding ticket allotments for this game - they disclosed that students and STH have priority so they don't even have to make a lot of tickets available to the "general public including UConn fans" bucket, it just has to be more than zero. Maybe 100 or so.

Seton Hall fans, be loud. Get your asses up and into it all game. Who cares about UCONN fans.

I agree it's disappointing to see that UConn fans got tickets, but the part I don't understand is money from unselected applications being refunded - why not put it into account credit? Hopefully they are and that was just an unspecified "form of refund" or something like that. If you're going to offer "general public" applications at least use it as a cash grab. Keep the $40/seat as account credit to use for next year. It shouldn't be much of a problem for SHU fans - apply them to your season tickets if you have them otherwise there's a nice selection of games to go to.

Then for next year's UConn game of course - presale first to limit public availibility then jack up the prices for if/when it does go publicily available. All the UConn fans that applied for this game are already in the hole $40/seat so they can either eat the cost, pay inflated prices to come to the game they want to see, or come watch us play someone else.

And regarding ticket allotments for this game - they disclosed that students and STH have priority so they don't even have to make a lot of tickets available to the "general public including UConn fans" bucket, it just has to be more than zero. Maybe 100 or so.

I know a season ticket holder who did not get tickets and he applied for them. So it seems like SHU didn't even give all the season ticket holders who applied tickets before giving them to UConn fans. Absolutely embarrassing for the Athletic Dept and ticket dept.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
I know a season ticket holder who did not get tickets and he applied for them. So it seems like SHU didn't even give all the season ticket holders who applied tickets before giving them to UConn fans. Absolutely embarrassing for the Athletic Dept and ticket dept.

Totally agree. My preference absolutely would have been to limit it exclusively to students and STH. I'm simply saying that if they're going to open it up to the general public and thus UConn fans (as they did) - at least make some extra money on it. It's as simple as holding the money with the application as account credit rather than refunding it. There's no harm to SHU fans as it's money they would likely spend anyway and you make something extra on the UConn fans who apply.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT