ADVERTISEMENT

Are you Knick fans happy?

I wonder how Brunson feels about this. He turned down a massive amount of money to help the franchise only to see Leon Rose trade one of his Villanova buddies away before the four Nova Knicks got to play a game together. I would assume they ran this by him so maybe he approved it..

Last edited:
I hate breaking up the core, but I also think the Knicks couldn’t say “no” to getting a big time talent like KAT that fills a need and theoretically fits much better than Julius.

I wonder how Brunson feels about this. He turned down a massive amount of money to help the franchise only to see Leon Rose trade one of his Villanova buddies away before the four Nova Knicks got to play a game together. I would assume they ran this by him so maybe he approved it..
I think part of the reason Brunson took less $ was so they could a guy like KAT. I’m sure he doesn’t love the idea of losing DD, but remember Leon Rose is tight with Brunson and his father. So this doesn’t happen without his knowledge and blessing IMO.

I like the idea of KAT over Randle. Stretches the floor, not a ball stopper like Julius and can play the 4 (with Robinson) and the 5. Our interior presence definitely improves, IMO.
I actually dislike the fact that they parted with Donte. Knicks did well due to the cohesion of the Nova Knicks and now they need to hope the transition goes smoothly. I don't think Donte is necessarily Starks or Vinnie Johnson but his contributions need to be picked up and hopefully McBride (increased minutes) and Bridges pick up more than enough of the slack.

For Minnesota, I think they got better in depth but Randle and Gobert is definitely going to slow things down more. And with Edwards basically leading that team, it's gonna be interesting.

December can't come soon enough (1st meeting)

While Towns fills a critical need for the Knicks how Rose handles filling the vacancy left by Randle , Divicenzo , Hartenstein leaving will be crucial to the Knicks this coming season.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
Not a Knick can but that team was going in the right direction. I think the Nova nucleus that brings culture and attitude is a big part of that. This is one them interesting trades that I think are based on metrics but will be defined by feel for game.

KAT is one of the best shooters in the world and he also happens to play Center, a position of need. Perfect fit, grade trade for the Knicks, head scratching move for the Wolves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT