ADVERTISEMENT

Arlington

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rump-arlington-cemetery-veterans/74980080007/

“Relatives of some of the service members who died in the bombing invited Trump to the wreath-laying ceremony Monday. They released a statement thanking and defending the former president Tuesday.”

I’m sure there will be no answer from the MSNBC crowd, but this should put it to bed once and for all. The gold star families wanted Trump there. They want him to be Commander in Chief. Harris lacking the courage to face these families is exactly the reason she doesn’t deserve to lead our armed forces.
I don't think this article put anything to bed. It actually paints Trump in a bad light overall. They invited him to the ceremony - okay, then. Shouldn't he have just gone to pay his respects and not tried to turn it into a campaign event?

Some family members said they gave permission for Trump's photographer and videographer to be there, but it wasn't really their decision to make, was it?

As far as I can tell, the Trump people were trying to portray this as an official ceremony to commemorate the anniversary of the deaths of the soldiers from the Taliban attack, that Trump attended and Biden/Harris deliberately snubbed. But it wasn't an official ceremony, and Biden and Harris weren't even invited! So Trump accepts their invitation, his media people film and photograph it as if he's fulfilling an official duty to pay his respects, and then they distribute attack ads from their campaign arm, using footage from Arlington and claiming Trump's opponent refused to attend a non-existent event that she wasn't invited to. This is cynical, callous, mendacious, and, given the setting and the circumstances, extremely gross.

The offices of Biden and Harris both released statements to mark the anniversary, which is a completely normal and respectful thing to do. What isn't normal is to use the invitation from the families to stage a mock memorial ceremony, illegally record the whole thing, and then cynically claim that it's Biden and Harris who are disrespecting the troops. This is just the latest example of Trump's shamelessness and callous opportunism.

It's also gross that they attacked the woman from Arlington who tried to stop them as having a "mental health episode," but I've come to expect this kind of stuff from Trump and his people.

We have a President with dementia running the country but someone taking pictures at Arlington is the most important issue. Got it.
For the record, I agree that Biden's decline should get more attention and scrutiny, but perhaps there are valid reasons why federal law prohibits the use of military cemeteries for campaign events?

For the record, I agree that Biden's decline should get more attention and scrutiny, but perhaps there are valid reasons why federal law prohibits the use of military cemeteries for campaign events?
The whole thing is only getting attention because it’s Trump. He was invited by gold star families…it wasn’t a scheduled campaign event.

I don't see it as a huge deal legally. Would likely only be a fine if anything.
This would normally just be the kind of thing where people would just agree that he's an ass and filming a political ad at Arlington is pretty distasteful, he shouldn't have done it and then and move on.
agreed. The rest of the country might be moving on but here on piratecrew, we’re not.

The whole thing is only getting attention because it’s Trump.
You can't seriously believe this. You're really telling me the same political media that had a freakout over Obama's coffee cup salute are only giving this story attention because it's Trump?

He was invited by gold star families…it wasn’t a scheduled campaign event.
Really not the point, we've already addressed that he was invited by some of the family members. Do you agree that the Trump people used the invitation as an opportunity to produce campaign fodder? At the very least, don't you think it seems pretty immoral to do something like that?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
You can't seriously believe this. You're really telling me the same political media that had a freakout over Obama's coffee cup salute are only giving this story attention because it's Trump?

Really not the point, we've already addressed that he was invited by some of the family members. Do you agree that the Trump people used the invitation as an opportunity to produce campaign fodder? At the very least, don't you think it seems pretty immoral to do something like that?
great let’s get into an immoral debate. We can be here til the end of time showing the lack of morals on both sides here.

Reactions: HALL85

So we’ve gone from a Federal offense to now it’s immoral.

You made claims above that were false, like it being a scheduled campaign event and now you’re changing your argument. Neither of us knows all the facts or who pushed who or if Trump was even present when this all happened.

This was worthy of its own thread? What about the senile guy with his finger on the nuclear codes?

Worst of all I heard that Trump parked in a no parking zone and actually jaywalked across Arlington Boulevard. Is there no end to his flaunting the law? Meanwhile, our sitting President is sitting in a beach chair staring vacantly at the ocean. And you lefties will vote for more of this in November.

So funny, Biden dis mantles everything Trump did, but in Afghanistan he just follows Trumps lead.
One of Biden’s biggest mistakes was to follow Trump’s agreement with the Taliban to withdraw from Afghanistan. Both Presidents completely screwed up.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
This was worthy of its own thread? What about the senile guy with his finger on the nuclear codes?
anything is worthy of a thread based on how low the TwitterGuy has set the bar. Trump wiped with left hand might be next.

One of Biden’s biggest mistakes was to follow Trump’s agreement with the Taliban to withdraw from Afghanistan. Both Presidents completely screwed up.
Biden did not follow Trump’s agreement, there were stipulations in there that Biden just disregarded.

So we’ve gone from a Federal offense to now it’s immoral.

You made claims above that were false, like it being a scheduled campaign event and now you’re changing your argument. Neither of us knows all the facts or who pushed who or if Trump was even present when this all happened.

So it's both immoral and against the law, I was trying to get you to acknowledge that it was at least an immoral thing to do and you won't do it.

I didn't claim it was a scheduled event. In fact, I said the opposite - it was an invitation that the Trump people turned into a mock memorial for purely political purposes. That's gross, and watching him cosplay as a president doing official duties that didn't really exist was frankly weird. There's that word again.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Biden did not follow Trump’s agreement, there were stipulations in there that Biden just disregarded.
Oh like the earlier date of withdrawal? The deal was stupid. Trump did a deal with the Taliban without any input from our Afghan allies. The deal was dumb and we negotiated with terrorists. Fundamentally wrong from the outset. Biden agreeing to get out was a horrible mistake. Period.

So it's both immoral and against the law, I was trying to get you to acknowledge that it was at least an immoral thing to do and you won't do it.

I didn't claim it was a scheduled event. In fact, I said the opposite - it was an invitation that the Trump people turned into a mock memorial for purely political purposes. That's gross, and watching him cosplay as a president doing official duties that didn't really exist was frankly weird. There's that word again.
Yes it's not the right thing to do. But don't go on the moral high ground. You better hit the ground running on your moral thoughts of the president looking at his watch, not calling families of those murdered by those who crossed illegally. Your moral thoughts on Kamala saying to bail out people destroying cities? I can keep going, but I'll stop there for now. I admit Trump didn't do the most moral thing...Your turn.

Last edited:
In 2016, Khizr Khan, a Gold Star father spoke at the DNC attacking Trump and was widely praised by the media as a hero.

Now in 2024, we have 13 gold star families who literally blame the deaths of their children on Kamala Harris and Joe Biden and claim to never have been contacted by the President or Vice President, yet the media would still rather talk about Trump’s photo op. Take a moment and ask yourself what really is the more important story here. (Hint: there’s a right answer)

According to NPR sounds like both sides have video proof of what they are saying just neither side wants to release it. Bizarre.
NPR????? oh you mean the outlet that continues to take public funds while carrying water for Democrats. If you get your news from them you are grossly misinformed.

Reactions: SPK145
So much BS..... Trump was invited and welcomed by the Gold Star families and had permission to take pictures and videos. All of a sudden a misunderstanding / altercation between a trump staffer and cemetery staffer is overblown and made into an issue.

FACT.......... Trump is the one who has shown compassion and understanding for the Gold Star families involved AND the many seriously wounded in the bombing. No one except Trump ever mentions the survivors.

FACT...... Biden/Harris admin took a year to send a form letter to the KIA families. and since then.... nary a peep. Disgusting. They should be ashamed. Fat chance there. They double down on disgusting.

We have a President with dementia running the country but someone taking pictures at Arlington is the most important issue. Got it.
i dont think anyone said its more important than anything else. it was a current event

So much BS..... Trump was invited and welcomed by the Gold Star families and had permission to take pictures and videos. All of a sudden a misunderstanding / altercation between a trump staffer and cemetery staffer is overblown and made into an issue.

FACT.......... Trump is the one who has shown compassion and understanding for the Gold Star families involved AND the many seriously wounded in the bombing. No one except Trump ever mentions the survivors.

FACT...... Biden/Harris admin took a year to send a form letter to the KIA families. and since then.... nary a peep. Disgusting. They should be ashamed. Fat chance there. They double down on disgusting.
from what it sounds like is that SOME families (not all families) invited him to come. they didn't invite biden. nobody invited trump to take pictures. because its not allowed for political gain. trump and his team of course refuse to follow any authority or decency chose to start taking pics and putting them in promotions like social media. when being asked to stop an issue broke out.

lastly, trump didn't show compassion. this is an opportunity for him to be front and center and that's exactly what happened. thats how these things go. the fact you even remotely thing trump has compassion shows just how sucked into his butt you are. it was not too long ago these dead soldiers were called losers.

Hope this quiets the "but gold star families invited him" theme on this thread

Can we ever get a name? Who was pushed? It’s always an unknown person, anonymous source, etc. tiresome.

There was a statement from the army that confirmed an employee was “abruptly pushed aside” and was afterwards “unfairly attacked”. What will knowing her name change for you?

There was a statement from the army that confirmed an employee was “abruptly pushed aside” and was afterwards “unfairly attacked”. What will knowing her name change for you?
Every time there's a thing about Trump it appears to from some unknown person. And while there's supposedly video footage we never get to see. It's always trust us in the media.

Can we ever get a name? Who was pushed? It’s always an unknown person, anonymous source, etc. tiresome.
You think this person wants to be outed? The retribution she and her family and neighbors would be dealt with my God.

Every time there's a thing about Trump it appears to from some unknown person. And while there's supposedly video footage we never get to see. It's always trust us in the media.

But this time the army confirmed it happened. They would not do that if it were not accurate. You don’t trust their statement?

Releasing the name just opens her up to harassment.

But this time the army confirmed it happened. They would not do that if it were not accurate. You don’t trust their statement?

Releasing the name just opens her up to harassment.
Show the video with her face blurred out? It's 2024. This isn't some insane request. We have stuff, trust us, etc...eventually that gets old.

You think this person wants to be outed? The retribution she and her family and neighbors would be dealt with my God.
There's supposedly video footage, where is it?

Where were you in 2020. Biden did a campaign ad where he used pictures and video from a ceremony at Arlington. Never any outrage.

My God aren't you dramatic. Read the bottom of every post you write.... say nothing, do nothing. If you want to make a difference unfortunately you have to do tough things.

Show the video with her face blurred out? It's 2024. This isn't some insane request. We have stuff, trust us, etc...eventually that gets old.

I get that perspective if it was just from the media.

The army would have not released a statement confirming it happened unless it happened.

The army would have not released a statement confirming it happened unless it happened.
I'll agree to disagree. I don't think showing the video, person blurred out, is that big of a deal regardless of who said what. Let the American people see before the debate and let the moderators ask questions based on what we all saw. Force him to answer based on what we all saw. Why isn't that happening? Did he push her to the ground, did he swipe her arm away as she tried to block him off. What happened? Do people get pushed worse trying to squeeze on the Path Train every morning going to work?

It’s not like the Army has never released misleading statements?

Agree that if there is video, show it, end of story. It probably doesn’t quite fit the narrative.

Unnamed person now not pressing charges…probably because they were just as culpable.

Agree that if there is video, show it, end of story. It probably doesn’t quite fit the narrative.

Unnamed person now not pressing charges…probably because they were just as culpable.
It's very wild that people are content not seeing the video. If something bad did happen it would only make his debate tougher.

It's very wild that people are content not seeing the video. If something bad did happen it would only make his debate tougher.
Because they want to believe what they want to believe. How many people here kept turning a blind eye to Biden even after he was citing meetings with dead leaders and seeing the results of the Hur report?

Trump team brought campaign staff to film a campaign video, which is against the rules. They were told not to in advance, still released the video and you think the employee trying to prevent them from filming is “probably culpable” somehow?

It’s not a huge deal… but they were wrong to fill there and I don’t think the army, who tries to stay apolitical, would have confined it if it didn’t happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT