ADVERTISEMENT

As Delgado wait continues, a look at Whitehead's decision

Nets are on the rise??? They don't have a 1st rd pick this year or next year and were the worst team in the league LOL

Reactions: Bluebeard
We have bostons 1st rounder (27) this year and washingingtons 1st round (22). But there is little value/impact players beyond the lottery. Late first rounders are typically solid role players. They aren't going to be franchise players.

2018 nets don't have a first rounder. That pick goes to Boston and couod very well be the #1 overall again.

But nets are not on the rise. They are rock bottom right now and will be there for another year or two. We won't be competitive until 2022.

They are depleted of picks and there is zero trade value on the team outside of Lopez. Who they tried to shop but couldn't find a taker. Billy. F'n. King.

Better players available in those slots this year because of the depth of this draft. Maybe they get more value and hit on the right guys.

If you are the celtics, would you take Melo and the Knicks #8 overall for the first pick?

We have bostons 1st rounder (27) this year and washingingtons 1st round (22). But there is little value/impact players beyond the lottery. Late first rounders are typically solid role players. They aren't going to be franchise players.

2018 nets don't have a first rounder. That pick goes to Boston and couod very well be the #1 overall again.
h

Reactions: Fordham_57
@dehere23 That's a great question. I def wouldn't trade the pick for Melo and the 8 pick but I would absolutely would trade for Kristaps and the 8 pick. I don't think adding an aging superstar like Melo (going to be 33 at the end of the month) would be enough to overtake Lebron and Clevland. More importantly I wouldn't want Melo's contract. The strategy needs to be to get young talent and just wait for Lebron to get another year older. Kristaps gives you that - he is only 21.

That's big of you. LOL

You'll take the second best player in the 2015 draft plus the #8 pick in this year's deep draft for the 1 pick.

Getting a little greedy don't you think?

He asked me if I would. I wouldn't. The only person on the Knicks I would trade for would be kristaps.

We're not talking about the nets. We are talking about if the celtics should trade the #1 pick.

Rumors have swirled that Knicks are interested in trading for the pick.

IW made a very good decision without doubt. He's got another Million coming to him this year. Odds say he'll still be an NBA player in year 3 and 4.

Briookly may have had the worst record but they closed the season playing as well as several of the teams in the NBA. They should be able to add decent talent to next year's roster with their two first round picks. They had a respectful 2016 draft. They need a genuine star to get to a He next level. So free agency might be the avenue for them.

We should be happy the Nets don't have the number 1 pick. They would have to take one of the guards.

Piratz was right when he said ges still not guaranteed anything close to what ge would gave been if he was 1st rd. Nba doesnt care how much you improved they just care about you being a valuable piece.

It does seem like a good decision

Knicks never make that deal lol. I wouldn't even deal Porizingis for the #1 overall. You already know what you have in him; at minimum, a very good player for years to come. Ceiling is a top 5-10 player in the league for a long time. As much as I love Fultz, KP is a known commodity and a really good one.

That's big of you. LOL

You'll take the second best player in the 2015 draft plus the #8 pick in this year's deep draft for the 1 pick.

Getting a little greedy don't you think?

I think that IW was fortunate that the Nets saw a quasi Marketing opportunity by taking a local kid in the draft as well as Jeremy Lin being plagued with injuries last season. He's proven he has staying power in the NBA; but I think his biggest challenge is going to be getting enough PT over the next year or 2 to really establishing himself as a regular in a lineup.

I have a lot of faith in IW's ability, work ethic and desire and think he will have a lengthy NBA career. I felt the same last year at this time but thought he was taking a huge risk by coming out early.

Everything broke perfectly for Isaiah. He was picked by his hometown team, a team as barren of talent than any team in recent memory. They saw an opportunity to get a guy who would have been a 1st rounder this year for a mid-2nd round pick a year early. Plus they played up the hometown angle well.

Isaiah proved the exception to the rule as he got a guaranteed 1st round type deal and opportunity in the mid-2nd round. That is not the norm and I hope Angel doesn't think it is.

Reactions: Halldan1
As an example of what a typical 2nd rounder faces, look at Ben Bentil. Same size and position as Angel, 6'9 power forward. think most would agree he's a better prospect than Angel as he's much better offensively and athletically.

Picked #51 mid-2nd round by Boston. Cut 3 games into the preseason. Picked up by Indiana, cut. Picked up by D-league, played a bit, then quit and signed with a team in China. Played 11 games then quit and signed with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the D-lg. In late Feb he signed a 10-day contract with the Mavs, played about 9 minutes then back to the D-lg after 10 days.

Bentil at least got the late 10-days in the NBA so he made a little money. 11 of the 30 2nd round picks never played a day in the NBA. The pick traded from Brooklyn to Utah for Isaiah was used to take North Carolina PG Marcus Paige. He was cut by Utah before the season started and signed with a D-lg team 2 weeks later where he played the entire season making about $20,000.

Reactions: TommyAlly
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT