ADVERTISEMENT

Bad beat

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Missouri collapses against Georgia in SEC Tournament bad beat​

By Erich Richter

When betting on an 8-23 college basketball team, you’re kind of expecting some difficult stretches to transpire over the course of a game.

But the lowly Missouri Tigers frustratingly blew a seven-point lead with 3:30 remaining against Georgia in the SEC Tournament on Wednesday night, ultimately losing, 64-59, and failing to cover.

The 14th-seeded Tigers scored just six points in the final 6:25 and tallied their last points with 3:40 remaining, burning bettors who backed them as 2.5-point underdogs.

The 11th-seeded Bulldogs ended the game on a 12-0 run to secure the win, and will face No. 6 seed Florida in the second round Thursday night.

Missouri actually showed resolve in battling back from an early 21-9 deficit to grab a late seven-point lead, but the Tigers missed their final seven shots while also turning the ball over once.

The Tigers (8-24) went 0-18 in the SEC and ended the season with 19 straight losses.

Missouri was so bad this season that it garnered approximately 0.0 percent of the handle at BetMGM to win the SEC Tournament after opening at 100/1.

Even the long-shot odds couldn’t entice bettors to bet on the Tigers.

Meanwhile, the second-seeded Kentucky Wildcats have a whopping 66.2 percent of the handle to win the SEC Tournament, coming in at +350 odds.

They are the most-bet team to win their conference across the sports betting landscape, a bet that Post-Action Betting’s Dylan Svoboda still iikes at current prices,

The top-seeded Tennessee Volunteers are the presumed favorites with +160 odds, although the Wildcats beat them on the road in the regular-season finale.

Georgia, which improved to 17-15 with the win, is a 7.5-point underdog at FanDuel against the Gators on Thursday.

The winner will battle third-seeded Alabama in the quarterfinals on Friday.

Everyone should know that we had a poor OOC but we offset that enough in the BE to land on the right side of the bubble. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see SHU being left out with a regular season 20-11, 13-7 & sole position of 4th place by two games in the 2nd/3rd rated conference with two top 10 wins. Dayton is a possibility but we’re not out.

Everyone should know that we had a poor OOC but we offset that enough in the BE to land on the right side of the bubble. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see SHU being left out with a regular season 20-11, 13-7 & sole position of 4th place by two games in the 2nd/3rd rated conference with two top 10 wins. Dayton is a possibility but we’re not out.
Seed line will be penalized...at large consideration more than there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT