ADVERTISEMENT

Bad personnel news for Sandro

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
Harrison Barnes just aquired by spurs in 3 team sign and trade deal for demar to sac town

hes more of a small forward but great 3 and D guy. great corner clip and plays 4 in a small ball lineup.

Mamu is a restricted free agent with a qualifying offer. balls in his court.

Barnes is on an expiring deal. Likely to be traded to someone at the deadline when SA is out of contention. Same with Chris Paul

Reactions: Piratz
I think he comes back. I think Pop likes him (someone fell free to verify this) but in the grand NBA view, he can be replaced. I'm not sure there's a market for him. The blurb about him in the Athletic sums him up...

This guy is … not bad? “Mamu” needs to shoot better to max out his perimeter skill set, but he can handle the ball and pass, and in three pro seasons, he has a career PER of 14.5. I’m not expecting a crazy bidding war, but the Spurs can match any offers on him.

I think he comes back. I think Pop likes him (someone fell free to verify this) but in the grand NBA view, he can be replaced. I'm not sure there's a market for him. The blurb about him in the Athletic sums him up...
Perhaps a euro club team more enticing, yes agree he has options

they picked up his qualifying offer as a rfa so they do want him for next year

This is where I'd finally like to see some "nepotism" happen in SHU's favor and have Mamu get a shot with the Bulls and the SHU connection instead of trotting out impressive athletes like Jason Terry who are not very impressive at anything else.

Thanks.... so what happens if no one makes an offer to Mamu?..... does San Antonio keep him at the 2.7 mil? When they renounce him... what does that mean?
While not completely sure, he is now unrestricted free agent, can sign anywhere. If Spurs bring him back, they would not be bound by original $2.7 million qualifying offer. If you read article above, the Spurs had to pay him the $2.7 million if no deal was reached and they wanted to retain, they probably do not want to pay him that amount of money. Hopefully finds a new home in NBA.

Thanks.... so what happens if no one makes an offer to Mamu?..... does San Antonio keep him at the 2.7 mil? When they renounce him... what does that mean?
The QO is off the table he is free to get a deal domestically or overseas

By making the qualifying offer, that placed a $2.7 million cap hold on San Antonio's books. By renouncing Sandro's rights, that money can be spent elsewhere if the Spurs choose.

This is somewhat similar to what they did with Sandro last year. They declined his option and they brought him back at a slightly lower salary. FYI, the fourth-year minimum salary is above $2.2 million.

By making the qualifying offer, that placed a $2.7 million cap hold on San Antonio's books. By renouncing Sandro's rights, that money can be spent elsewhere if the Spurs choose.

This is somewhat similar to what they did with Sandro last year. They declined his option and they brought him back at a slightly lower salary. FYI, the fourth-year minimum salary is above $2.2 million.
Appreciate the explanation.....

Reactions: mbraue
For further clarification, the Spurs currently have a payroll of approximately $152 million, which is about $12 million above the 2024-25 cap.

That is for 15 roster players plus cap holds on Gorgui Dieng ($2 million) and their No. 8 overall draft pick Rob Dillingham ($6.2 million). They also have cap holds for their two second rounds picks Juan Nunez and Harrison Ingram (Nos. 36 and 48 respectively). They also have a pair of two-way contract slots available (presumably for Nunez and Ingram). FWIW, the first-year minimum salary in 2024-25 is around $1.15 million which means a two-way slot starts at $575,000 (50% of the minimum).

The Spurs have until August 1 to guarantee contracts for Julian Champagnie ($3 million) and Charles Bassey ($2.5 million). They also have either the non-taxpayer mid-level exception ($12.8 million) or the bi-annual exception ($4.7 million) available to them. Whichever of the exceptions they choose to use -- if any -- can be divided between multiple players.

Reactions: PiratePride
hes more of a small forward but great 3 and D guy. great corner clip and plays 4 in a small ball lineup.

Mamu is a restricted free agent with a qualifying offer. balls in his court.
lol ball is no longer in his court.

as a sixers fan, i id like to see him there. the team will be decent on d and has an open position at the 4 for someone who can spread the floor

lol ball is no longer in his court.

as a sixers fan, i id like to see him there. the team will be decent on d and has an open position at the 4 for someone who can spread the floor
Discussion of same on sixers reddit

The Denver Nuggets should look to sign any of the Spurs castoffs.​

Power forward Sandro Mamukelashvili was mostly out of the Spurs' rotation until late last season before getting a chance to prove himself. He didn't disappoint, averaging 11.6 points, while shooting 38.5% from three, and 9.7 rebounds in 26.1 minutes per game over the final seven games of the season.

At 6'10, Mamu is a good shooter and rebounder, making him a nice fit at power forward for the Nuggets, but his most impressive skills are his ability to move without the ball and pass. He is terrific at sliding into openings when his defender looks the other way, and he could thrive playing next to Jokic in certain lineups as a result.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT