ADVERTISEMENT

Bediako stepped up

I didn’t think either were great but we got some good plays when we needed it. We definitely paid more attention to him after that hot start.

Reactions: el pirata
Just wondering-is Bediako one of these guys who has to play 3 yrs in the league before he gets some calls down low? Come on now, when he goes on one of those "miss, 'bound follow-up, tip in try" sequences[2 or 3 times last nite], I find it hard to believe that there is no contact involved! And this same thing happens every game!

I was thinking last night, Oduro was leagues better than our centers but I do believe he was worn down by the platoon. They didn’t have a reasonable substitute in Castro. Oduro looked like he played tired.

He got 7 fouls on our guys, but in the second half, he missed most of the shots he easily made in the first.

The problem remains where he follows the other teams big out beyond the arc and then for some reason is always switching to the smaller player when the big sets a screen so the other teams big then races to the basket to catch a pass and has a mismatch for an easy bucket!

It is happening to both our centers game after game and Sha needs to to correct this ASAP! It is the game plan for opposing teams and a tactical error on our part!

I was thinking last night, Oduro was leagues better than our centers but I do believe he was worn down by the platoon. They didn’t have a reasonable substitute in Castro. Oduro looked like he played tired.

He got 7 fouls on our guys, but in the second half, he missed most of the shots he easily made in the first.
Dribbling is tiring. Even when Oduro converted he put a lot of effort into those buckets, did a lot of dribbling. I think he started what 6/6 and finished 9/21? 21 shots is a lot for a big. We did a good job making him work harder after his hot start and he was gassed for sure.

Bediako is slumping a bit. He’s picked 7 fouls in only 41 minutes the past two games. Ousmane and Oduro were physical. It’s taken away his strength. As a result he’s only scored 9 total points on 4/11 shootijg, but he’s still crashing the boards. This guy is a tremendous offensive rebounder, in the Delgado class. We need him to play cleaner and get him some better looks to get going if he can stay on the court.

Dribbling is tiring. Even when Oduro converted he put a lot of effort into those buckets, did a lot of dribbling. I think he started what 6/6 and finished 9/21? 21 shots is a lot for a big. We did a good job making him work harder after his hot start and he was gassed for sure.

Bediako is slumping a bit. He’s picked 7 fouls in only 41 minutes the past two games. Ousmane and Oduro were physical. It’s taken away his strength. As a result he’s only scored 9 total points on 4/11 shootijg, but he’s still crashing the boards. This guy is a tremendous offensive rebounder, in the Delgado class. We need him to play cleaner and get him some better looks to get going if he can stay on the court.
Bediako did not have a good first half. He was fresh when he went back in late in the second and made some key defensive plays. Kid has a nose for the rebound on the offensive side - I'd like to see the same on the defensive glass too.

Reactions: Piratz
The problem remains where he follows the other teams big out beyond the arc and then for some reason is always switching to the smaller player when the big sets a screen so the other teams big then races to the basket to catch a pass and has a mismatch for an easy bucket!

It is happening to both our centers game after game and Sha needs to to correct this ASAP! It is the game plan for opposing teams and a tactical error on our part!
I hate it too. But that is the plan. The other day when Arda played a little he did it too. McDermott will have some wrinkles when we see them I'll bet

We want to give up the two to defend the 3 I believe.

We want to give up the two to defend the 3 I believe.
Also puts our best defensive rebounders out of position if there’s a missed shot. I don’t get it - if our guys can’t get back to cover their big cutting to the rim then scrap it. And PS, Maquette will take advantage of it.

I like the zone. It keeps our bigs close to the basket and reduces fouling. Center position has really held up well this year. I think they are not great but solid . There are other bigger problems. Still waiting for the best backcourt to show up!!!

Reactions: shupat08
our guys didn't back down and i think it eventually broke him. bediako deserves credit for sticking in there

Reactions: rdefabri
There was a good-looking sequence early in the game at Providence: Bediako was out at the top of the key and found Dawes on a backdoor pass (Dawes missed an easy layup), then JB hit the offensive glass and also blew the gimme putback, but more of that kind of movement, please.

EHE was in the game on the next possession.

Reactions: garyshu71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT