ADVERTISEMENT

Best bets for Xavier vs. Seton Hall

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Before Seton Hall and Big East foe Xavier do battle in a conference matchup, Charlie DiSturco of The Action Network is here to give you his best bet (video above).

The Musketeers enter Wednesday night’s matchup in fifth place in the conference while the Pirates arrive in seventh place only a game behind Xavier.

But DiSturco believes Seton Hall to be a worthy favorite at home and is targeting its spread (-3) for the contest.

“Xavier has struggled of late,” DiSturco says. “This is a team that has constantly found itself in big holes in the first half and [are] forced to claw themselves back in the second.”

On the flip-side, Seton Hall possesses a top-20 two-point defense and has the size down low to give the Musketeers problems.

DiSturco believes the presence of Ike Obiagu, who averages nearly three blocks a game, will help limit Xavier’s offense and give the Pirates a much-needed win to increase their chances at a NCAA Tournament bid.

Both XU bigs are OK away from the hoop. No doubt Ike will keep stuff from happening inside, but not sure I expect either to be taking it to him. Both can hit from ten ft out. I would think they try to get Ike away from the hoop, a little uncomfortable, and hope for some fouls. Very glad Ty looked like he was all the way back after his great performance vs CU.

I see the overall defense the key, pressure all over the half court zone. We come out smoking on D like we were vs CU and I love our chances. And while the D is the key, making some shots is always nice, specially early in the game. We shot the three well vs CU and its hard to expect us to shoot that well. Stop the dribbling, pass it, pass it again...

Please show me Harris off a screen, and the play that posted Jared down low for the first bucket can be used again...

Correction: Ike averages nearly 4 blocks per game, third among all D-1 players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT