ADVERTISEMENT

The top 5 SHU games that you've attended

PJVegas, is it possible for you to reveal the player from the late 60's team still engaged on Pirate Crew? That's awesome!
Coach Reagan’s strategy - get Lanier in foul trouble and SH had a chance. Finally fouled out late in 2nd half & SH made its run to OT. Walsh was rocking. Classmate & guard on that team, and great person goes by [witness protection program]. Either he or his son, who also is a great poster here, can release his name/ID. 😎

Reactions: Hall Berry
My five that I attended are in order:

1. IW Gets layup and one to knock off Villanova and win the Big East at MSG.
2. Luther vs. Montross at CAA even though we lost we battled them all day.
3. Beating Houston at CAA in the 80’s.
4. Ollie Taylor has himself a weekend at MSG and we win the Big East at MSG.
5. Cale for the win at MSG against Kentucky. Wanted to kill KW for not fouling at the end of regulation but it all worked out.

1. SHU Villanova 2019
2. SHU Rutgers 2021 Crowd was electric after taking a year off and both programs were on a high after beating ranked teams
3. SHU St Johns. Shavar game winner
4 SHU Marquette 2019 MSG
5 SHU UCONN 2023 KC game winner.

Is that the game Lanier scored 51 points?
No, Bonnies came into Walsh undefeated and we were poor/mediocre. John Suminski had the game of his Hall career and we somehow took them to overtime before falling. I was doing color on WSOU. I remember seeing Lanier in the Student Center that afternoon. His feet were just huge.

There were two heartbreakers at home to Georgetown in the early 80s. One was the clock game, the other the blizzard game. Both were equally rough.
I was referring to the Gtown game with Ewing. He played in Walsh only one time. The following year we moved most (all?) BE games to the Meadowlands.

Reactions: BucBloc
Wow, great question.

1. 2016 BET Championship
2. 2018 MSG vs. Kentucky
3. 2004 2OT vs #4 Pittsburgh
4. 2019 BET vs. Marquette
5. 2019 vs. Villanova

Unfortunately I’m 0-3 at the NCAAT (2000 S16 game, 2016, 2017 both 1st Round).
Respectfully, and for the sake of our team, with the NCAAT results you possess when attending in person could you please either watch from home or patronize a local drinking establishment that is showing the game instead going forward? Thanks!

I was referring to the Gtown game with Ewing. He played in Walsh only one time. The following year we moved most (all?) BE games to the Meadowlands.
The last time Georgetown played at Walsh was the 1981-82 season (Ewing's freshman year). The next three seasons, we played two Big East games a year at the Meadowlands -- Georgetown and Villanova.

It wasn't until the 1985-86 season that the Big East capacity requirements went into effect and thus all conference games moved to the Meadowlands.

At my advanced age my memory is shot so the best game I saw is the last game they played in this years NIT. No I did not attend it but I don't remember the last game I attended either!

Reactions: PROF Ed
If you remember the Pitt game in 2004, we had whipped RU two days before st the Meadows. Two great games in three days

I remember being at a game at Walsh, an early Big Monday ESPN game 83-85 area vs a very highly rated SJ team with Mullin and Berry. I remember 1- standing in with the band as there was no where else to stand and 2- we were either tied or ahead at half time. Second half did not go so well.

Anyone else remember this game? I can't be imagining it.

Reactions: Flnj86
Yes…I had to walk through the snowstorm to get to the Ewing game. That was as rough as the clock game, but at least I could ride to that one.

I remember being at a game at Walsh, an early Big Monday ESPN game 83-85 area vs a very highly rated SJ team with Mullin and Berry. I remember 1- standing in with the band as there was no where else to stand and 2- we were either tied or ahead at half time. Second half did not go so well.

I watched this game on TV. I think we were up 10 at halftime with Mark Bryant leading the way. SJ came back in the 2nd half as expected but it was an indication that the program was starting to move in the right direction. The next year, the legendary freshman class landed in SO if my memory serves me correctly.

Love this..

1. NIT Final - the travel with my wife one of the first two games my 5 year old son attended and he had blast. Between winning a post season tournament and that hard to not make it one.
2. Powell from Trenton game
3. My freshman year, win over WVU with Billmeier's jumper to seal it, might be the last time they let students rush the court. Got to mob Brian Laing at mid court.
4. Xavier game 2016 at home that clinched a bid after that long drought, up 15 plus most of the game. Got seat upgraded at the game and got to watch court side through that promo they used to run.
5. Mamu buzzer beater 2020 - you just knew that team was just elite then.

I was sitting behind the SJU bench, I had two black eyes from an elbow in a basketball game. It was televised and during a timeout, my friend saw me on tv in Fl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT