Georgetown Govan still at Georgetown but losing Peak hurts

Marquette Going to have to rely on untested players up front

Providence Bullock, Holt & Lindsey lead the way

Seton Hall Delgado is the star with help from Rodriquez and Sanogo

St John's Backcourt dominant

Villanova Bridges and the now eligible Spellman lead the way

Xavier Bluiett and Macura lead a talented Xavier roster

Dan
I would have added to your SH view , " with a very solid, improving backup in Nzei " plus some interesting new pieces " referring to Sandro and Gill.

If I went into that much detail for one team I would have to have done it for all 10 and that's too time consuming.

Includes SF.PF & C

Butler led by Led by their 6-7 star Kelan Martin

Creighton Losing Patton and being guard heavy probably eliminates them

DePaul Not a lot of talent on the roster up front

Georgetown Govan still at Georgetown but losing Peak hurts

Marquette Going to have to rely on untested players up front

Providence Bullock, Holt & Lindsey lead the way

Seton Hall Delgado is the star with help from Rodriquez and Sanogo

St John's Backcourt dominant

Villanova Bridges and the now eligible Spellman lead the way

Xavier Bluiett and Macura lead a talented Xavier roster

1a) Seton Hall
1b) Villanova

3) Xavier
4) Providence

1a. The Hall - for me still questions at the 4 doesn't clearly separate them (yet)
1b. Xavier - O'Mara really came on late last year too
1c. Providence
4 Nova - if Spellman is as good as advertised they could move up.

It was mentioned that maybe rating the PG, 2G and SF separately and then the power players at the 4 & 5 might have been more appropriate and I agree. Next season I will follow that lead. But since I didn't I think the frontcourt is a 4 horse race and I'll lean toward the teams that have power players up front over those that play small.

1. Seton Hall
2. Providence
3 Villanova
4. Xavier

I'll wait until the rosters are 100% finalized before commenting however I am very curious to see Spellman play. Not sure, is he the only 5 star frontcourt player in the Big East? If he is as good as advertised that HAS to move Nova into the top 3 (at least?) in the conference.

Omari Spellman

6-9, 275 | Class of 2016
Scout Grade 93
5 Star

5 POSITION
3 REGIONAL
1 STATE
18th
i

ESPN Analyst
Updated 04/25/2016

Strengths:
Spellman is a very talented offensive player who has consistently taken his game to new levels throughout his high school career. He's got a super soft touch that extends all the way out to the arc and both as a trail big as well as in pick and pop action. He uses his wide frame and good footwork to create space for short-jumpers from the mid and high posts. He has outstanding hands, good ability to see the court and pass out of a double team at such a young age, and good sheer force at the rim. He is very agile and deceptively athletic for his size, getting off his feet quickly to finish with authority, making quick rolls off ball-screens, or even handling the ball in the open floor after pulling down a defensive rebound.

Weaknesses:
He's a natural wide-body who is going to have to always be cognizant of his conditioning. He has a tendency to settle for tough jumpers at times and can struggle with balance when he starts kicking out his legs. He would do well to further develop a go-to move on the block that takes him towards the rim. Spellman is more of a positional defender who can struggle against hybrid style bigs that can bother him with their length and mobility.

Bottom Line:
A wide-bodied and skilled big man with great hands, agility, and deceptive athleticism, Spellman has separated himself with his ability to score on multiple levels.

Outside viewing in....

Hall currently far and away #1 front court. Delgado.... nuff said.

Providence 2, experienced, a lot of interchangeable parts. They are going to very good this year.

X 3. O'Mara came a long way the end of the season and they are flat out good.

Nova # 4. Spellman is the great unknown for Nova, rumor has it, he IS as good as advertised, but remains to be seen. If so, Nova moves up the list (more depth at the bigs than any year in recent history). Even if he isn't, Paschal and Bridges are solid with the unknown Spellman. Painter and Crosby-Rountree also will be getting some minutes.

1) Seton Hall
2) Villanova
3) Xavier (Don't forget Kanter)
4) Providence

Spellman will be interesting to watch. He has spent the past year lowering his body fat and has the ability to shoot from the perimeter. Not uber athletic and his rebounding ability remains a question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT