ADVERTISEMENT

Best streak going

NYShoreGuy

All Universe
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2006
In Olympic competition the 32nd anniversary just passed of US women hoops losing for the last time. It was a semi vs unified team. Quite a feat now with multi generations of players.

Reactions: Halldan1
And they prevail in a true road enviroment. Another gold...best streak going

If i am talking about the best streak after this olympics i am talking about a woman from Kenya

For me, us hoops is low on my olympic interst level. I watch hoops all year. When can i watch sydney, noah, katie ledekie, this amazing women hassan who just won the marathon in record time after medaling in the 5k and 10k...sounds impossible. The gymnasts...the chinese divers, the great athelets who excel in private cept for every four years...they are my olympic stars

Last edited:
Really speaks to the lack of any real parity internationally in the women’s game.

Really speaks to the lack of any real parity internationally in the women’s game.
It does but these things take a long time to develop.

Think of how long the U.S. Men's team was dominant before the game really started to grow internationally.

Look at how long it's taken the WNBA to take hold here and the Women's college game to grow to the point that more than a few programs at a time are high level. Women's basketball is easily two or three generations behind the men's game.

USA Basketball and the NBA have been able to grow the sport worldwide in a way the Women's side of the game can't dream of.

On the flip side, how long have we have been waiting for U.S. Soccer to catch up to the best teams internationally?

Reactions: dehere23 and HallX2
Has the WNBA attendance improved if you know who isnt playing?

Mostly a result of the WNBA formation in the 90s. Gave a competitive league for America's best college players to improve.

Ironically the Olympic team lost 3 weeks ago to the WNBA All-Stars in a prep for the Olympics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT