ADVERTISEMENT

Big Study

Joe Manchin will be 77 years old on election day 2024. No thanks.

Where do people come up with these ideas??

I think about this all the time, now we find ourselves in a hopeless situation. We dug a debt so big it’s criminal. Our political elite literally robbed us blind. I laugh at the 1.2 trillion infrastructure bill when our president gave a speech emphasizing 63 billion that’s billion with a B folks is being spent on roads and bridges. 98% of Americans maybe more do not realize there are 1000 Billions in one trillion. Where are all the other billions going? 63 billion is less than 5% of the 1.2 trillion bill. The good ole boys club are lining their pockets everywhere and most are to stupid to realize.
here is where I disagree with you. Infrastructure is the best money government can spend. Not only is it necessary to fix our crumbling roads, bridges, airports and tunnels as well as come up to date with technology and our electrical grid, it’s great for our economy. Infrastructure spending put people to work in high paying jobs. It creates not only jobs for the contruction workers but also secondary and tertiary jobs like the suppliers of construction equipment, cement, rubber, etc.

By the way, only 550 billion is actually new spending. the rest of the spending which 650 billion has been previously authorized. With regard to what you cite as the allocation of the spending you are not being truthful. You think that only 63 billion is being spent while the rest is wasted? just stop. It’s 110 billion just for roads and bridges, a 100 billion for the electrical grid Which is woefully outdated. you have spending on spent on transportation which includes roads and bridges but also, public transportation, airports and ports. That doesn’t include Broadband and clean water.

This is a great piece of legislation and very much needed. You are way off on this.

Reactions: Merge
Well get ready to be disappointed. Trump will be the Republican nominee and no one will stop him. As far as Biden goes, if the Dems have a good alternative, Biden is not going to run. If there is no other alternative, look to Biden to run with a new VP.

Who from the Dems? Manchin, Mayor Pete, Klobuchar?
No chance trump runs but he will decide who runs

here is where I disagree with you. Infrastructure is the best money government can spend. Not only is it necessary to fix our crumbling roads, bridges, airports and tunnels as well as come up to date with technology and our electrical grid, it’s great for our economy. Infrastructure spending put people to work in high paying jobs. It creates not only jobs for the contruction workers but also secondary and tertiary jobs like the suppliers of construction equipment, cement, rubber, etc.

By the way, only 550 billion is actually new spending. the rest of the spending which 650 billion has been previously authorized. With regard to what you cite as the allocation of the spending you are not being truthful. You think that only 63 billion is being spent while the rest is wasted? just stop. It’s 110 billion just for roads and bridges, a 100 billion for the electrical grid Which is woefully outdated. you have spending on spent on transportation which includes roads and bridges but also, public transportation, airports and ports. That doesn’t include Broadband and clean water.

This is a great piece of legislation and very much needed. You are way off on this.
This is all good but the flaw is in the way the funds will be parsed out. Loaded with pork for whoever yells the loudest. Bridge to nowhere???

Where the $$ is going is scary
No need to have one huge bill
Split it up, prioritize

Where the $$ is going is scary
No need to have one huge bill
Split it up, prioritize
So, you think it would be easier for Congress to pass 10 different bills instead of one bill? I beg to differ with this logic. Whether it is one bill or 10, the fact of the matter how the money gets doled out does not matter if it is split up. You are just making it more difficult to get the money in the first place.

This is all good but the flaw is in the way the funds will be parsed out. Loaded with pork for whoever yells the loudest. Bridge to nowhere???
There is so much that needs to be done. what is the alternative, not to pass the bill? NJ is getting over.a billion dollars. I would think owe need more to deal with our crumbling infrastructure. I am more worried about having the money. I will repeat, this is a phenomenal piece of legislation.

The president did a horrible job explaining where the money was being spent. They should hire you to be the spokesperson. I'm not against the bill and totally agree it was needed. I just believe the government should do a better job detailing and promoting. Anytime this much money is put out there, you have to expect a nice chunk is coming back into politicians pockets. Not billions but millions (one million millions in a trillion) How the hell do you keep track of that much money? We would be crazy to think no corruption is taking place. What's my solution? I would release this money over time and hope to get more bang for my dollar with tighter controls. I should post the speech I heard Biden give, but just don't have the time. I think the democrats are making a big mistake not promoting where the money is being spent.

The infrastructure deal was good legislation and fortunately something that both parties can (and should support). Will it be spent wisely in every case and without much waste? No...we know that. Pork, special interests, etc....just on a bigger scale with the price-tag. What we are seeing is that people are so divided and locked in (they support or reject any bill - based on their party affiliation), AND they don't trust politicians (rightfully so), no matter who they are.

it's tough for Biden (or any President) to take a victory lap because the other side is never going to give you credit and when you constantly act like a divisive, lying POS (not just Biden), very few people are going to be excited to celebrate your achievement.

There is so much that needs to be done. what is the alternative, not to pass the bill? NJ is getting over.a billion dollars. I would think owe need more to deal with our crumbling infrastructure. I am more worried about having the money. I will repeat, this is a phenomenal piece of legislation.
1000 millions or 1 billion should help NJ fix many roads and bridges. It would be nice to see where all the money is being spent nationally. A laundry list, for all I know its probably already out there. Your message and breakdown was very good but does not agree with what the president is saying. Again maybe it's just a messaging problem. Even if 3% of 1.2 trillion goes south to corruption it still is not terrible. It's only 36,000,000,000 or 36,000 millions. It does make mega millions look like chump change. I think I'm just much happier when the trillion word is left off the table. The trillion dollar concept is very mis-understood. Thinking politicians should stop using that word and stick to billions.

1000 millions or 1 billion should help NJ fix many roads and bridges. It would be nice to see where all the money is being spent nationally. A laundry list, for all I know its probably already out there. Your message and breakdown was very good but does not agree with what the president is saying. Again maybe it's just a messaging problem. Even if 3% of 1.2 trillion goes south to corruption it still is not terrible. It's only 36,000,000,000 or 36,000 millions. It does make mega millions look like chump change. I think I'm just much happier when the trillion word is left off the table. The trillion dollar concept is very mis-understood. Thinking politicians should stop using that word and stick to billions.
I think you are right. Biden is not doing a very good messaging this deal. In all honesty, he does not tout this legislation enough. All we hear is about the failures of not paying BBB or voting rights. He has let the R's and the progressives take away what should be something he can be very proud of. This legislation that could not get done for many years. It is quite an accomplishment. But you would not know it since all the talk is of the failures.

Biden and his administrations messaging on just about everything has been horrendous. Just look at his approval ratings.

You need some charisma.
Quite true.

The need for charisma puts women at a disadvantage.

Women have a harder time projecting charisma.

If they show a little sense of humor they are branded as not serious enough.

Quite true.

The need for charisma puts women at a disadvantage.

Women have a harder time projecting charisma.

If they show a little sense of humor they are branded as not serious enough.
Never thought of it that way....there are still some stereotypes a woman has to overcome...if they come across too strong, they are criticized for being b**tchy, showing emotion...weakness.

And while I have been fortunate to be around and experience several great ones, they are in healthcare and not household names. I had to laugh, that I did a quick Google search and this Forbes article came up and if this is #1, it also tells you a lot about how the MSM values leadership....lol...all about the identity.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakem...ost-inspiring-female-leaders/?sh=cbeb7fc3e6e3

Interesting list. I had not heard of many of them.

My list would include but not be limited to: (not in any particular order,)

Margaret Thatcher
Condi Rice
Nikki Haley
Tulsi Gabbard
Dana Perino
Harris Faulkner
Michele Buck
Christie Hefner
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Victoria
Mary Queen of Scots
Catherine the Great
Irena Sendler
Mother Teresa
Amelia Earhart
Dolly Parton (The Entrepreneur)
Janis Joplin
Carole King

yea i mean this should literally just be an excel sheet that everyone can access. crazy how we are all ok with how untransparent the govt is. what can we do?

Biden and his administrations messaging on just about everything has been horrendous. Just look at his approval ratings.

Is it the messaging or the tribalism our society has taken in the past 10 years?

Most people who voted for Trump would never admit if Biden does something well, just as most people who voted for Hillary would never admit when a Trump policy was correct.

If you're on the other side of the aisle you're the devil and this is reflected in approval ratings & our political landscape at the moment.

Reactions: shu09 and SPK145
Is it the messaging or the tribalism our society has taken in the past 10 years?

Most people who voted for Trump would never admit if Biden does something well, just as most people who voted for Hillary would never admit when a Trump policy was correct.

If you're on the other side of the aisle you're the devil and this is reflected in approval ratings & our political landscape at the moment.
Sure, there is a lot of that, but I look at independents, people that aren’t on the extreme ends. Biden’s approval numbers have plummeted the past year. There are groups on either end that will never change their opinion, but that’s pretty telling that there has been that much of a swing from everybody else.

Somewhere along the line one party has to put big boy pants on. Right now it’s constant getting back at one another. The Russia conspiracy at the beginning of Trumps term was the absolute breaking point for the country in my opinion. I keep advocating for a strong level headed women president to break the cycle of hate on both sides. Sadly the only other thing that might unite the country is a castrophy or attack on our country. A weaken government invites aggression. I’m hoping for the women president solution.

Reactions: HALL85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT