ADVERTISEMENT

Can’t think of a bigger Big East opener than we’ll have against SJU

It will be a different atmosphere, a different feel to the game, starting Saturday. I think we are well prepared for that. Credit to KW for putting together a tough non conference schedule.

It will be a different atmosphere, a different feel to the game, starting Saturday. I think we are well prepared for that. Credit to KW for putting together a tough non conference schedule.

Well - If any game should bear the fruits of our tough OOC schedule, it should be this game. We should be very well prepared for this game. In addition, I know some have posted how good Willard is with a week off.

I've mentioned this home/road split before. It is the biggest reason why I think we prevail on Saturday. We can debate game plans, rosters, crowd size, etc, but for whatever reason no matter the personnel, players, coaches or crowd, we always seem to beat them at home.

I was at the game they won during that stretch. It was during a snowstorm a few years ago when we were awful and SJU was pretty good. There might have been 600 people at the Rock. The SJU center who was a great shot blocker but had no game offensively hit a FT to win it.

I think that was the game where Gause had the put-back into his own basket.

Hall came back from 20 down to win that one at Meadowlands.

The loss was in Newark on an very uninspiring bad weather night when the building was kind of dead as a result.

From what I remember it wasn't a put back, it was off an in bounds under our own basket. St. John's was in a full court press which I guess confused him.

Reactions: shupat08
A win can be huge from a media coverage standpoint. Did anyone else hear Greg from Morristown on WFAN last night? He tried to mention The Hall and the host only talked about the Johnnie's. Very very short but still we get so little coverage. The Post is okay but that's about it.

First you promise to come up north and shovel my driveway at the first sign of snow in January. Then we'll talk. :D:eek::D:eek:

Absent going to the elite 8 and/or final 4, we will never be discussed much on WFAN or the NY media outlets. If anything, I think Zach has been great about giving us coverage in the Post, which was originally generated because of Whitehead and the NYC kids we had.

A win can be huge from a media coverage standpoint. Did anyone else hear Greg from Morristown on WFAN last night? He tried to mention The Hall and the host only talked about the Johnnie's. Very very short but still we get so little coverage. The Post is okay but that's about it.

Absent going to the elite 8 and/or final 4, we will never be discussed much on WFAN or the NY media outlets. If anything, I think Zach has been great about giving us coverage in the Post, which was originally generated because of Whitehead and the NYC kids we had.

Agree but I think the bar is Sweet 16.

In 2000, the NY media embraced our Sweet 16 team about as well as you'd expect .

If the group last year had knocked off Kansas, same would have happened .

sami- I think you nailed the line . Hall laying 2 and 145 O/U ??????

Sami--opened at -2.5 ( lucky I got in) and shot up to SHU laying 3.5 -- the Over /Under 152.5 ( I was way off so guess I will go Under).

Oh Dan , at 86 years old, would you really want me to shovel your snow? I guess I'll have to miss the game since FSN is not on my cable network. Unless there is someway it is being streamed. Any way I'll be thinking of you and the PIRATES. Go PIRATES!

At worst you can stream the WSOU broadcast and listen

Hope you find it on tv though

Oh Dan , at 86 years old, would you really want me to shovel your snow? I guess I'll have to miss the game since FSN is not on my cable network. Unless there is someway it is being streamed. Any way I'll be thinking of you and the PIRATES. Go PIRATES!
LOL

Sounds like you been a fan far longer than most of us. A shame that you can't watch the game. Hopefully there will be a long highlight video the next day.

Google NCAA basketball Reddit threads and scroll through the threads to find the game .

Works every game and has for a long time.

I’m going to have to wait until Sunday at noon when it will be replayed on FS2. No live coverage available here in FL as local Fox networks are both airing hockey and YES is not available here. The streams on reddit threads don’t work for me either. Very disappointed. Still trying to find a way to get the live broadcast. Bad job by Fox.

Jersey Joe, it is fans like you who make our Pirate family a most special one. I guess we’ll both be listening to WSOU while we cheer the best team in college basketball.

May you and your family be blessed next year in the most special of ways.

Let’s go Pirates!!!
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT