ADVERTISEMENT

Canada....

HALL85

All Universe
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
What is going on up there?

The Freedom Convoy has been a peaceful protest with only a handful of minor arrests (one of which was a driver trying to stop police from taking fuel off his truck). No one is burning down or vandalizing buildings, looting, attacking citizens, etc. Somehow Trudeau is trying to blame this on the U.S. since it was reported that someone was waving a Confederate Flag.. What does that flag even mean to a Canadian? They are calling on Child Welfare to investigate the number of children that are in the cabs of some of the trucks....like maybe it's the truckers family??? Now Trudeau wants to put guidelines on social media communication. I'm sure he'll blame Trump pretty soon.

Looks like a peaceful protest of government over-reach. Stopping traffic and beeping their horns non-stop...Oh, the humanity!!! Even the peaceful Canadians are fed up with it.

78 year old man arrested for blowing his horn in support of truckers Mr Black Face Trudeau really has his head where the sun doesn’t shine .

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
You can't just shut down a city. You were cool when BLM was blocking highways with protests?

Get real.

And now they're blocking commerce by shutting down bridges between the US and Canada.

That's not ok.

But when prices skyrocket because goods can't be delivered you can blame Sleepy Joe again.

You can't just shut down a city. You were cool when BLM was blocking highways with protests?

Get real.

And now they're blocking commerce by shutting down bridges between the US and Canada.

That's not ok.

But when prices skyrocket because goods can't be delivered you can blame Sleepy Joe again.
There's a big difference between a peaceful protest and one that is violent, damages property, looting and injuries (even death). I don't know what Trudeau is doing, but it sounds like he is in a position to respond and end the protest. The protestors have been pretty clear on their "ask"...which is another thing that BLM failed at.

There's a big difference between a peaceful protest and one that is violent, damages property, looting and injuries (even death). I don't know what Trudeau is doing, but it sounds like he is in a position to respond and end the protest. The protestors have been pretty clear on their "ask"...which is another thing that BLM failed at.

So youd be fine with BLM shutting down highways for a week as long as it was peaceful?

Youd be fine with BLM stopping traffic on the GWB?

I'm pretty sure it's illegal, like it would be here in NJ....

Code § 19:9-1.6. Section 19:9-1.6 - Parking, standing, or stopping on Roadway prohibited, except in case of emergency (a) No vehicle shall be parked, stopped, loaded or unloaded or allowed to stand on the Roadway except where otherwise posted or expressly permitted by the Authority.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
So youd be fine with BLM shutting down highways for a week as long as it was peaceful?

Youd be fine with BLM stopping traffic on the GWB?

I'm pretty sure it's illegal, like it would be here in NJ....

Code § 19:9-1.6. Section 19:9-1.6 - Parking, standing, or stopping on Roadway prohibited, except in case of emergency (a) No vehicle shall be parked, stopped, loaded or unloaded or allowed to stand on the Roadway except where otherwise posted or expressly permitted by the Authority.
If it was peaceful and they were clear about their demands it would be exactly the same. That’s how change happens. If the BLM movement did that I’m certain they would have had more support.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Right message, wrong tactics.

Shutting down roads and highways that inhibits, police, fire, medical response, and normal day-to-day life like going to work, is not acceptable.

They have a legitimate beef and they are peaceful, but they need to find a different way to protest.

To me a lawful protest is a peaceful gathering in an approved space.

The truckers, Occupy Wall Street, Seattle et al, should all face civil penalties, with many in the latter two facing criminal,

Last edited:

Shutting down roads and highways that inhibits, police, fire, medical response, and normal day-to-day life like going to work, is not acceptable.

They have a legitimate beef and they are peaceful, but they need to find a different way to protest.

The truckers, Occupy Wall Street, Seattle et al, should all face civil penalties, with many in the latter two facing criminal,

Perfect response. Protest on the sidewalks in the city. You cant block roads it's that simple.

Did you really type BLM and peaceful in the same sentence? Talk about the highly theoretical. Another big laugh out of me today.

Use whatever group you want then. The point is nobody should have the right to shut down highways or bridges no matter if they are peaceful. The law is the law.

I think BLM is shameful and I also think the far right is as well. They're all assholes.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree with this. The one caveat with Canada, is that the convoy has been underway for weeks, without causing disruptions as they headed to Ottawa. It was gaining momentum and Trudeau had time to consider the demands, but it looks like he’s done nothing but dig in his heels.

The truckers have taken it to the next level; still peaceful, knowing that they face police intervention and arrests, and Trudeau has double downed and essentially now blamed the US. Should they find another way to protest lawfully? Yes. But they have been for weeks prior to this with no response.

2024 can't come soon enough.

I am looking forward to the mid-terms.

We have to stop voting for personalities and start voting on issues.
Blind partisanship over leadership unfortunately.

Reactions: sami
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT