ADVERTISEMENT

Carino Article on Kadary Richmond

Awesome article. Kadary was masterful in slowing the tempo against Nova and coming up big when we needed it. It was great to see him smile towards the end when the game was in the bag. I’m hoping he has a great BE tourney and NCAA to go out with a bang.

I’m really looking forward to seeing this group play in the NCAA Tournament against teams outside the BE. And we know what Holloway can do there. Were a different team than we were the last time out in the wilderness in Nov/Dec and we have players like Richmond, Davis, and Bediako who are going to give teams fits.

Take care of DePaul handedly.

...............“He was smiling on the court”

That is exactly what I told Hallrox while we watched on TV. In fact my exact words were "Richmond has teeth!"

So nice to see Kooks, who really is a great kid enjoy himself outwardly. He really keeps his emotions to himself and that at times makes people think he is aloof. He's not.

Have really enjoyed watching him this season. The Kooks' Corner episodes before the season started made him that much easier to root for. Appreciating him now and wishing him nothing but the best in his post-SHU career (which hopefully isn't until the summer of 2025 :)).

Awesome article. Kadary was masterful in slowing the tempo against Nova and coming up big when we needed it. It was great to see him smile towards the end when the game was in the bag. I’m hoping he has a great BE tourney and NCAA to go out with a bang.
When Nova made their run, Kadary calmly got the ball just inside the foul line and pulled up, 2 points, momentum stopped. That was such a huge play.

I am no expert but I knew I saw this in him from his early days at SHU. Many of us saw the flashes, the shake your head plays. And now we see a game of them. I still think a 6'6 kid who can penetrate and pass like he does can play in the NBA and the shot will come.

Just a wonderful article. I always love Jerry's writing and insight. But hearing Kadary say what he said was great to read.

How great was it to see him shooting the three well too. His shot seemed very relaxed and the results were a perfect swish almost every time. If he can do all that he does so well and hit a few threes every game, he will be very difficult to defend. Also raise his draft stick too. Go get em Kadary!!

When Nova made their run, Kadary calmly got the ball just inside the foul line and pulled up, 2 points, momentum stopped. That was such a huge play.

I am no expert but I knew I saw this in him from his early days at SHU. Many of us saw the flashes, the shake your head plays. And now we see a game of them. I still think a 6'6 kid who can penetrate and pass like he does can play in the NBA and the shot will come.

Just a wonderful article. I always love Jerry's writing and insight. But hearing Kadary say what he said was great to read.
Neptune specifically commented about this trait in Richmond. You cannot speed him up and he calms us when others on the team get helter skelter.

Neptune specifically commented about this trait in Richmond. You cannot speed him up and he calms us when others on the team get helter skelter.
Tempo is important in just about every sport. The most natural reaction to have when there is an opponent’s rub or adversity is to speed things up. Tempo controls a lot of mistakes from happening.

It’s been an interesting journey for Kadary.

He connects the eras here as he was on that 2021-22 NCAA Tournament team that started off so strong and was nationally ranked at maybe #15 or so before the COVID fiascoes and then Willard’s eventual departure. He was sort of a complementary player on that team when we had Aiken, Rhoden, and Cale, until Aiken went down and he had to step up. Definitely showed flashes of dominance, who could forget his epic performance against UCONN and the 17 consecutive points, backing down their entire team at will. He had some really big games that year as the team found itself with that late winning streak to punch a ticket to the Dance.

Then last year was clearly an adjustment to Holloway. Remember his minutes were so low to start the season? Who knows what would’ve happened if he didn’t injure his back early in the game at Connecticut and miss the rest of the season. The Hall went into that game 16-11, 9-7 and on the Bubble. He was indispensable to that team who had so many issues at guard.

Glad to see he’s fulfilled the potential everyone saw in him this year overall and will be an All-BE selection and hopefully lead his team to the NCAA Tournament, entering SHU lure. 👏

Tempo is important in just about every sport. The most natural reaction to have when there is an opponent’s rub or adversity is to speed things up. Tempo controls a lot of mistakes from happening.
So true. Kevin Willard believed that as much as any coach I have ever personally known.

“Kadary never worked hard at the game. He never had coming in, and didn’t work hard last year. He played 21 minutes a game, and that’s really all about he could play. He was hurt a lot. Had a lot of setbacks. Joe was more consistent,” Boeheim said. “Seton Hall, they have five guards. So, we’ll see how many minutes he’s going to play there.”...Jim Boeheim

I never saw the KR that Boeheim described. Aside from being injured 2 of the offseason which affected conditioning, he would run through a brick wall to win games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT