ADVERTISEMENT

Carino says likely to return

about Delgado. JC is the only scribe I trust. Again he says likely not absolute. But I take heart from what Carino says. The guy never engages in spin or self aggrandizement .
Where do you see this? Story or Tweet?

For Angel's sake, I hope he comes back. Why?

He gets to remove the bitter taste of that BE semi-final, doing exactly as Josh Hart counseled him so kindly and warmly to do.

He gets to be an all-time legend at the school, yes, it means something.

He bridges to the new classes, showing exactly what it takes to win, motivating them, and building our program in the Nova, X, Butler and Gonzaga way.

He refines his skills, showing both his own improvement and the strength of the coaching staff, crucial for both.

If he does come back you have to think he would be highly motivated to improve upon last season and get to where he wants to get to.

He was a beast and dominant at times this past season. I can't imagine what he could do on the college level with another year of maturity and seasoning.

I would never underestimate what Angel could do right now, but with another year in college being pegged by the media as one of the best forwards in the game, he would be able to carry that reputation into the NBA draft.

515FpXFfkZL.jpg

Reactions: mbraue
He was a beast and dominant at times this past season. I can't imagine what he could do on the college level with another year of maturity and seasoning.

I would think that if averaged double double again (to show it was not a flash in the pan), with some evidence of hitting a jump shot from out to 12-15 feet, and significantly improve his FT percentage, he could be drafted.

I would never underestimate what Angel could do right now, but with another year in college being pegged by the media as one of the best forwards in the game, he would be able to carry that reputation into the NBA draft.

I also think if we are a Top 20 team next year, the exposure he's going to get coming back is going to be much greater than going off and spending the next couple of years in Europe or god knows where else he could end up.

I also think if we are a Top 20 team next year, the exposure he's going to get coming back is going to be much greater than going off and spending the next couple of years in Europe or god knows where else he could end up.

He will also be playing against the toughest competition we have had here in some time...which will help him as well, provided he does well.

I think he has shown he can rebound...not saying to slack off there, but if he improves his defense...his passing out of the post (which improved last year)...ie more to his game...that will help.

that, and being a leader on a winner....intangibles of which he already oozes

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Was this all a ruse to take our mind off the fact that we missed out on Duval and don't have a true experienced PG?? o_O

Was this all a ruse to take our mind off the fact that we missed out on Duval and don't have a true experienced PG?? o_O

I don't know what that emoji is saying, but this is a joke, right? Willard: So listen, Angel. I'm concerned with what the guys on Pirate Crew will be saying when they learn we didn't get Trevon. So let's contact Rocnation and have them feed you a line of bullshit about turning pro. But, you see? But the whole time it's just a ruse. And everybody will be talking about it. Cool, huh? This is the kind of stuff adults do out here. You'll get used to it .

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I don't know what that emoji is saying, but this is a joke, right? Willard: So listen, Angel. I'm concerned with what the guys on Pirate Crew will be saying when they learn we didn't get Trevon. So let's contact Rocnation and have them feed you a line of bullshit about turning pro. But, you see? But the whole time it's just a ruse. And everybody will be talking about it. Cool, huh? This is the kind of stuff adults do out here. You'll get used to it .

guess it wasn't obvious.

I don't think his or any player for that matter and their media reputations for on court prowess are going influence an NBA front office.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT