ADVERTISEMENT

Love to read this from Sha

chickenbox

All World
Jan 2, 2004
From Carino write-up of Butler 2:

“It’s huge," Holloway, who of course is a former Pirate star, said of the alums showing up. "I thought it was good for Fuquan Edwin to get honored today in the Hall of Fame, he deserved it, he had a great career. And for everybody else coming out here supporting us and showing love, it’s always good. I told you guys before, at Seton Hall, when I’m here, they’re here. So we’re all together. It’s big. You see my boy Isaiah (Whitehead) was here, he was here all week with us (on campus), so it was good."

We're not a prestige program, but we've had some good players over the years. Regardless of how/why Whitehead ended up a pirate, everything I see and read paints him as a true blue lifer. A knock on Willard was his coolness to the school; that he regarded it as a stepping stone to what we really wanted. Now having an all-timer alumnus as a coach who unapologetically views SHU as the be all and end all, and literally a part of his family, is pretty cool.

I'd love a culture that embraces players returning to be involved in various ways after their playing days have ended. For those in NJ who are actually connected to that program, is that what we have? What we've had? What we're developing? Recognizing I'm curious about what the program is like in these respects since my only exposure is through the games and old alum's workman like Internet inventorying :)

This started with Pat Lyons and has continued with Bryan Felt and Holloway. The past is now shaping the future.

It's up to us to keep that going full bore.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT