ADVERTISEMENT

Let's show Sha some love!

walshtrips

All American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2006
There's nobody who's feeling worse than coach Holloway tonight. He far exceeded all expectations this year, finishing just one game behind Marquette and Creighton. A 13-7 conference record is more than enough to get an NCAA bid in most seasons. Coach cobbled together a good team with much less resources than most of our conference teams, and managed to do us proud.

We need more than the large supporters to lift our program, we all have the ability to make a huge difference. Do you realize that if we managed to get all the season ticket holders to contribute just $100 to Onward Setonia, we'd have 5 to 6 really good bench players to support the starting five. I partly blame myself and need to do a better jobe spreading the message.

Sha - congratulations to a job well done! In Sha We Trust!!!

Even on a downbeat weekend like this, i am glad he is our coach. He’s experienced a lot in his two seasons here. Hopefully those experiences will pay dividends down the road. I’m guilty of getting caught up in the moment, but Upon reflection, most of us would have signed up for a twenty win season and fourth place in the conference. Even with the sting of today, this season was a victory.

Even on a downbeat weekend like this, i am glad he is our coach. He’s experienced a lot in his two seasons here. Hopefully those experiences will pay dividends down the road. I’m guilty of getting caught up in the moment, but Upon reflection, most of us would have signed up for a twenty win season and fourth place in the conference. Even with the sting of today, this season was a victory.
Had someone said we'd go 13-7 in conference, I would have thought they were nuts. I believe the short bench was our undoing and we want to prevent that from happening again.

Had someone said we'd go 13-7 in conference, I would have thought they were nuts. I believe the short bench was our undoing and we want to prevent that from happening again.
lol, many of us would, but you most certainly wouldn’t have!!! You had Sanders as 6th man of the year preseason!!!

• Haha
Reactions: shu09
Am I the only one that’s getting annoyed with these small time NJ L/NY programs getting in the tournament every year(st peters, fdu, Princeton, Wagner this yearwhile we have to scratch and claw just to be on the bubble

Am I the only one that’s getting annoyed with these small time NJ L/NY programs getting in the tournament every year(st peters, fdu, Princeton, Wagner this yearwhile we have to scratch and claw just to be on the bubble
Gives the underdog conferences a chance.Teams are likely to get blown out in first round.I went to SHU/TCU game two years ago and I never want to see that again.

Reactions: LBP43
Gives the underdog conferences a chance.Teams are likely to get blown out in first round.I went to SHU/TCU game two years ago and I never want to see that again.
I know they deserve their chance but it’s just annoying. Seems like it’s a much easier path…

Sha has to develop his players better so that we are more than 7 deep. And he needs to stop being so stubborn and utilize his timeouts to stop other teams when they are on a run.

Our coach and players deserved better. This season had some magical moments. Great coach and group of players, and yes short bench hurt us. We were lucky to keep most of our guys healthy and on the floor all season. Another season another tournament we can only wonder what might have been. I truly believe this team could have been a sweet sixteen team.

Sha has to develop his players better so that we are more than 7 deep. And he needs to stop being so stubborn and utilize his timeouts to stop other teams when they are on a run.
Cmon.Player development is largely internal on the players part.We"ve got a bunch of bench guy's who are not BE rotation players.We need to do better recruiting which means more NIL.If Sha was coaching UConn they'd still be BE champs.And Hurley would have done no better with SHU this year than Sha did.You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

While the sentiment is understandable - it does seem like those programs suddenly have as big a profile as us or even bigger this time of year - it just comes with the territory of being in The Big East.

Really, this is what you have to say. You have to have players who can be developed. Use more timeouts? That’s the difference? C’mon!

And I never would have thought we’d have to sweat out selection Sunday…and not get selected!

Message: take nothing for granted. Take advantage of every opportunity…or disappointment may follow…

Reactions: Jerry1992
No I don’t begrudge those teams; winning your conference tournament is no small feat. Rooting for our guy Grant to do it soon too!

We got burned this year by bid stealers…but also putting yourself at risk of this, you have to know it’s possible.
Best way to avoid this…get solidly in the field…then we’re just talking about seeding

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
You prefer joining the MAAC and hoping for the occasional win in a 1-bid conference?

You prefer joining the MAAC and gimping for the occasional win in a 1-bid conference?
No, not exactly.. how many wins do St. Peter’s, fdu, Princeton have in the tourney the last 20 years. How many do the big state schools, RU & SHU have? It’s interesting and a little concerning

Really, this is what you have to say. You have to have players who can be developed. Use more timeouts? That’s the difference? C’mon!
Fact. We had no bench this year. Fact. Six of our eight losses to conferences opponents were by 18 or more. It drove me crazy that most of the time he didn't call a timeout to stop our opponents and their runs. He can be very stubborn at times. To quote a guy from my section, "you can't take your timeouts home Shaheen."

Last edited:
And I never would have thought we’d have to sweat out selection Sunday…and not get selected!

Message: take nothing for granted. Take advantage of every opportunity…or disappointment may follow…
As Danny Hurley said, the Big East season starts in November. We should have made the tourney, and in any other year we would have if not for all the bid stealers. But our OCC record was not good - only high major we beat was Missouri and their season wasn't good and the coach is on the hot seat.

But 13-7 in the second best conference in the country speaks for itself, with wins over #1 and #7 ranked teams. 5 Quad 1 wins. This is a tough pill because we may not see it again soon, unless some of the seniors stick around and we hit pay dirt in the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT