ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports list the top 101 college basketball players

CL82, what's the latest on Cooper Flagg? Would be great to have such a great player in the conference even for just 1 year.

The 2 things that held back the old BE comparison for me was a crappy St John's and Gtown teams. With the new coaching hires and the great players coming in, the BE has the ability to regain the #1 conference again.

Reactions: mbraue and CL82
Kolek and Clinghan very, very overrated in top ten on this list. Kolek is a good college player though a little like Powell in that he won't get drafted in either round.
And Clinghan being the face of UCONN hints at how dependent they will be on freshman this year. Another very nice player but really a shadow of Sanogo this year with a lot of potential, but....

CL82, what's the latest on Cooper Flagg? Would be great to have such a great player in the conference even for just 1 year.
He hasn't announced yet, and is unlikely to in the near term due to the Maine shooting. But the smart money is that he is going to Duke.

Kolek and Clinghan very, very overrated in top ten on this list. Kolek is a good college player though a little like Powell in that he won't get drafted in either round.
And Clinghan being the face of UCONN hints at how dependent they will be on freshman this year. Another very nice player but really a shadow of Sanogo this year with a lot of potential, but....
I don't know, but I'm expecting Donovan to have a breakout season if he stays healthy. By the way he's up to 7'3" in his bare feet now.

Part of what made the Sanogo/Clingan team up so effective or was the absence of any lead up when Adam I went to the bench. For defenders you have to bang against a physical specimen only to have a 7'2" monster come off the bench. This year you start with the 7'3" big guy and then have to battle a 6'10" Samson Johnson, who is crazy athletic. We will see, but even with the loss of Sanogo I feel like will be a tough matchup in the paint for pretty much anyone.

For what it's worth, Sanogo got called up for the Bulls, so he will be with the team at the start of the season. Good news for a kid who worked hard in his tenure at Connecticut.

Kolek is the reigning and defending Big East Player of the Year. He probably should be in the top 10 of such a list if the Big East is as good as people believe it to be.

12.9 PPG and 7.5 APG on a 29-win team last year isn't anything to sniff at. Also shot 47.1/39.8/80.2.

Kolek is the reigning and defending Big East Player of the Year. He probably should be in the top 10 of such a list if the Big East is as good as people believe it to be.

12.9 PPG and 7.5 APG on a 29-win team last year isn't anything to sniff at. Also shot 47.1/39.8/80.2.
Also pre-season All-American. He is very, very good.

I don't know, but I'm expecting Donovan to have a breakout season if he stays healthy. By the way he's up to 7'3" in his bare feet now.

Part of what made the Sanogo/Clingan team up so effective or was the absence of any lead up when Adam I went to the bench. For defenders you have to bang against a physical specimen only to have a 7'2" monster come off the bench. This year you start with the 7'3" big guy and then have to battle a 6'10" Samson Johnson, who is crazy athletic. We will see, but even with the loss of Sanogo I feel like will be a tough matchup in the paint for pretty much anyone.

For what it's worth, Sanogo got called up for the Bulls, so he will be with the team at the start of the season. Good news for a kid who worked hard in his tenure at Connecticut.
You might be right, just don't think he is the no. 7 player in the nation... now. That would place him a second team All-American, and I haven't seen that anywhere. I look forward to his head-to-heads with the Creighton big man.

You might be right, just don't think he is the no. 7 player in the nation... now. That would place him a second team All-American, and I haven't seen that anywhere. I look forward to his head-to-heads with the Creighton big man.
Same. Kalkbrenner struggles against opponents who matches size.

I am on the Clinghan bandwagon. I say he's the best center in the country this year. I think he will be beter than Sanogo and it wont be close.

Reactions: CL82
Here's what ESPN says, at least until I hit the pay wall:

img_0625-jpeg.92518

Better than Edey? Wow
My preseason $ would be on Edey. You can say what you want about Purdue's tournament issues, or Edey's impact potentially getting minimized in a tourney setting against a smaller team raining 3s, collapsing on him, and forcing others on the team to make shots. But game-in, game out for the regular season, I think Edey's the best big based on track record to date.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT