ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Darrington

mbraue

All World
Gold Member
Mar 2, 2010
Darrington hails from the same JUCO schook as Gill. If he's our best get, I like what I see and the fact that Rick Barnes - former Providence and current Tennessee coach is going after him hard - tells me a lot. Bring him on! Great 3-point shooter and stellar from charity stripe.

Darrington enjoyed a stellar sophomore year for the Trailblazers, averaging 20.7 points and 5.0 assist per game. The ball-handler owned better than a 2:1 assist-to-turnover ratio. He can score from the outside, shooting 43.3 percent from beyond (90 for 208).

The Toledo, Ohio. native also has ability to break defenders down on the dribble and get to the free-throw line where he boast a 80.7 percent success rate. He averaged seven free-throw attempts a game.

Chris looks good. But I think we should try not to get our hopes up... could SHU secretly be in strong with Darrington? Certainly. But there's no sense in trying to hang all of our hopes on one player.

What if SHU announces their new point guard tomorrow and it's someone you think is not on Chris' level? The response would probably be similar to today's posts about Wheeler, which I hate reading (I wish him well). It may be best to temper all expectations until we have a PG 100%, signed LOI and all.

PS.
Jamari Wheeler retweeted the tweet from PennStateHoops on Twitter about our board insulting him. I know most people were just upset about potentially not getting Walker, but I don't like seeing our fan base represented like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluebeard
McManus reporting that we are no longer pursuing darrington and that Memphis and Tennessee are the favorites

The Walker camp at this time is looking for a little more than the staff is willing to give. If the issue is settled he's our man.

Reactions: Joe_T
The Walker camp at this time is looking for a little more than the staff is willing to give. If the issue is settled he's our man.
Sounds like we are in the final negotiations with Walker and it will be him. Darrington would be a great get too

That's all I am willing to say here. Walker wants to come. It's not on him.

Dan, did you post recently things would work out that we'll sign someone better prepared than walker to start next at pg next season?

Dan, did you post recently things would work out that we'll sign someone better prepared than walker to start next at pg next season?
No I did not. But I do know the options.

Maybe you're referring to comments made by a few posters here and hinted at by me that Walker is a very good player (and I hope he commits) but he's not ready to be a major force right off the bat.

BTW, any recruiting news I post will always be on the Trove unless it leaks elsewhere.

Sorry JTSHU but that's Trove info.

And BTW, it not him it's those close to him.
Dan, don't his parents have common sense here? Powell is an excellent a player and he didn't demand starting minutes. Maybe his camp is worried about Carey or another PG coming in the following year and a very crowded backcourt?

Do we have a crowded backcourt at pg? Seems like we have 2's and combos but no true point. What is he worried about? He's not going to the nba after 1 year. Even if you have to split time for 1 year and control the team the next 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT