ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Mack and Charleston

downthestairs

Recruit
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2016
Not sure how much this was talked about here. Such a cool decision by Mack, but also lowkey very smart

Takes over from a Xavier buddy in Pat Kelsey, ensuring a nice transition

$1.1 million a year. Administration definitely sees basketball as a priority. And Charleston is obviously great - plus this campus is truly urban / downtown.

I kinda can see CofC as a Big East member.

Other than being a Willard lookalike I found him hard to like. Probably because he had Macura a player opposing fans hated and wished they had on their team.

Great move by Mack. He’ll be a star at that level. The school has money. Great location. Great on campus arena.

School profile at CoC matches that of all of the big east schools outside of UConn/Butler

I personally would love to see them jump up to a higher level as I believe they can sustain it moving forward. A yearly trip to Charleston is something I’d enjoy much more than Dayton or St Louis.

Final note: looks like our Charleston tournament will feature VCU, Miami, Oklahoma St

School has been making the tournament recently. Charleston is awesome. mack is a weird story. cant believe it took this long to get a job. its pretty clear that maybe there was a lot more wrong in louisville than him

Reactions: HallX2
School has been making the tournament recently. Charleston is awesome. mack is a weird story. cant believe it took this long to get a job. its pretty clear that maybe there was a lot more wrong in louisville than him
Definitely more story than I wanted to be a Volleyball dad.

Reactions: SHUSA
The C of C is strongly rumored to move to the A10 and replace UMass, which is leaving for the Mid-American.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Just a side note here....female students outnumber male students at Cof C by nearly 2-1. Great city and with favorable odds!

Reactions: ShuVol
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT