ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Manon from Cornell to Seton Hall per his agency on X

Money talks....
It's a great school and a beautiful campus.

And I think their NIL is now up around $3 mil
from what I read.

Getting concerned, we can't keep local kids home, like EHE, and Manon is in our own backyard.

I think we need Barrett in the fold ASAP. This is too much for Sha and Davis.

from what I read.

Getting concerned, we can't keep local kids home, like EHE, and Manon is in our own backyard.

Yeah but will it maximize his future pro potential?

from what I read.

I think you are dead on

Yeah but will it maximize his future pro potential?
That’s the thing.

I just don’t think the campus beauty or weather matters one damn bit.

I think 95% of college basketball athletes would play in Canada if it bettered their chances of playing pro ball (be it because a good coach, more PT or more $$).

Michael Nzei and Ikey Obiagu are the true outliers when it comes to using the education for a job after playing basketball. It isn’t the norm

Reactions: PJVegas

from what I read.

Unless Barrett comes with a following that brings $$$ with him I'm not sure it's a move that gets players to want to come to Seton Hall. Sad to say it, I'd rather find some kid who wants to get into coaching whose dad is worth $500 million and will spend to make his son or daughter look good.

from what I read.

But their football and basketball programs are hot garbage. I'm not sure whether their donors consider them a football school or not - they're probably worse than rutgers - but I would have to imagine a fair amount of that NIL is for football.

I cannot imagine a 3 mil NIL includes fb. But what do I know.

Worst in terms of athletics, but it's the best actual university in the conference by a mile. Thus, deep-pocketed alums.
Iiiiif they care about basketball.

Otherwise Harvard, Yale, Stanford and others would dominate

Iiiiif they care about basketball.

Otherwise Harvard, Yale, Stanford and others would dominate
Right, but being in the SEC gives them the platform to compete against the best. It's also a southern school, so the importance of sports is heightened in a way it isn't in the Northeast. Harvard and Yale care about beating each other.

Stanford has good teams now and then, but their admissions standards make it difficult to field them consistently. Vandy loosens things up a bit for athletes.

Right, but being in the SEC gives them the platform to compete against the best. It's also a southern school, so the importance of sports is heightened in a way it isn't in the Northeast. Harvard and Yale care about beating each other.

Stanford has good teams now and then, but their admissions standards make it difficult to field them consistently. Vandy loosens things up a bit for athletes.
All the schools you mentioned significantly loosen things up for athletes.

All the schools you mentioned significantly loosen things up for athletes.
But not in the way Vandy does, relative to their competition. It's easier to get into Harvard, Yale, or Stanford as a recruited athlete, but the vast majority of recruited athletes across the board at all schools would still not pass their admissions. At least for football and hoops, Vandy's kids are much more like the kids in the schools they're competing against. Higher qualifications, but the gap isn't nearly as wide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT